1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Flash

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Charlatan, May 15, 2014.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I have been watching The Arrow (and really enjoying it). It looks like they are ready to expand The Arrow's Universe to include, The Flash.

I remember watching the TV series back in the day, and thinking it was okay. I am hoping this one works as well as The Arrow does.

Here's the trailer. What do you think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Ooooo...
    Like he said, Cool. :cool:

Friggin' gives me shivers, man.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I think it looks good. I've been enjoying the fuck out of Arrow, to the point where it's gone from guilty pleasure to unashamed fandom. If they can do as well with Flash, great. I think they've got a decent shot.

It's ironic actually, that DC has a way better track record with TV shows than it does with movies.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Same here, guys. Arrow's been awesome.
    The Flash looks to be, as well.
    In another trailer I saw, his suit looks kinda loose, so I'm hoping there's either an explanation for the loose fit, or he fills it out during the series. (that sounds weird, I know)

I have high hopes for this.

5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I really liked it.
    Arrow has been really making me happy and it looks like Flash is going to do just as good a job.

I really like that they are starting with the Reverse Flash as a base for the story line.
    I'm hoping they give him the same relationship that Flash has with the Rogues Gallery in the comics where they are working class guys who are professionals who are just hang together and are skived out by crazies like the Joker.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Fremen

I forgot all about one of the characters I play on a browser-based text mmorpg, named The Flash.

Here's part of his profile description:

His body description is randomized upon his revival after dying. The cuirass is for impact, piercing, slashing and electricity protection.
    The plastic vampire teeth were found at Halloween, and there are a bunch of random clothes in the game. I had to cobble together his costume. Thought it was kinda interesting.
    You should see my Bizarro Superman. :p

The point is, I like The Flash a lot, and I hope they do him justice.

7. rogue49

I think he's called Professor Zoom.
    They've also shown Weather Wizard.
    Captain Cold would be cool. (pun)
    As would be the Mirror Master.

They already did The Trickster in the old show.

I don't know how they'd translate the others, Grodd, Boomerang, Piper, etc...
    IMHO, they wouldn't be as believable in this day & age.

8. redravin

Reverse Flash aka Professor Zoom real name Eobard Thawne a criminal from the 25th century.
    At least in the latest comics wants to make Flash the best possible hero because he thinks his Rouges Gallery is too weak.
    Also wondering about the plot for a Flash Point type show if he goes back and saves his mother.

I think the Piper would work, not so sure about Boomerang but Grodd would be awesome, especially if they went with the version that controls minds and eats people.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. rezudo

rezudo Vertical

do you think they'll make justice league series? one can only hope and wonder...

10. redravin

Just the scenes with Green Arrow and The Flash together pretty much made me feel like a Justice League was not only possible but I knew exactly how it should look.

11. rogue49

Rogues Gallery.

hmm...just something nice sounding about that. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. New 52 cartoon one and batman one are rumored ...

13. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

I've never been a Flash-reader and I haven't seen Arrow, so I didn't expect much from the pilot episode. But it really hooked me right away. It did seem a whole lot like Smallville, (something bad happends(meteor/lightningstorm) wich brings with it a hero and creates a bunch of villains for him to fight) but it felt like it's own thing. I'm hoping to be a fan!

14. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Might be showing my "age" so to speak (at least part of me was born somewhere around 1890 I suspect) but my first thought was Dick Powell and the radio show of that name.

15. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I just saw an ad for this. I believe it starts tonight.

16. rogue49

Starts Oct 14th, 8p EST
    Got my DVR set for it.

The Pilot is out on On Demand. $3 for HD

17. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I thought it was very good. I enjoyed the hell out of it, actually. I think it's just as promising as Arrow was, though in a very different way. It was reasonably decently written for a pilot episode-- they're always rough-- and nicely acted, and the speed was well done. They gave some tantalizing clues to coming story arcs, and all seemed good.

I count this in the win column. I bought a season pass on iTunes, and plan to watch religiously.

18. redravin

I was really impressed as well.
    Not only did they do a good job of world building but they have good characters, actors and the moves.
    The treat comics with respect and are happy to throw easter eggs out for those in the know (Gorilla cage anyone?).
    The show kicks ass.

19. Fremen

I'm really digging the show. This professor has really got me perplexed as to who he really is.
    I also want to see if they bring Firestorm in all his glory to the show, and not just tease his alter ego's name, along with a few flashbacks of Ronny pre-explosion.

20. rogue49

ooo...I know, I know
    Love that they're slowly introducing the Rogues Gallery...and are bringing in other heroes.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 2