1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Flash

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Charlatan, May 15, 2014.

1. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Captain Cold is perfect (except that they had Vibe boy build the cold gun instead of him).

I have to say having Felicity guest star on the show brought out all the good things and highlighted some of the bad (like how little chemistry there is between Iris and Berry).
    Can we just clone her?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I'm really enjoying The Arrow and The Flash, so much so that I paid for hulu+. Now I can watch it on my TV without hooking up a PC.

I heard a rumor that the TV shows and the movies would be separate universes. So the Justice League movie will have a different actor for Flash and Arrow including new origin stories. That sounds stupid as fuck to me as the actors really make their characters (IMHO). Why not have them make cameos in Batman/Superman?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I couldn't agree more. I also think it's stupid as fuck, and while I assume they want bigger names for the movies, I think it's a terrible move, when they already have actors who are doing a great job with the roles, making them their own. But DC has never shown much common sense when it comes to turning its characters into successful movie franchises. For some reason, they seem to do much better with TV. But they still don't seem to get the idea that Marvel clearly has embraced with Agents of SHIELD, that integrating your universes coherently only expands your opportunities and grows your fanbase.

4. retrogunslinger

retrogunslinger Vertical

What's most exciting about this show, for me, is that it's really enjoying being a comic book show. Sure, there are a few CW trappings holding it back here and there, and Warner Bros will never let it use most major villains (a la Arrow), but it's still far and above earlier superhero shows in terms of the marriage between quality and creative license. I mean, hell, we've got time travel (of some kind)! If Harrison Wells is who I think he is, this is going to only get more crazy and entertaining, all while remaining astoundingly faithful to the source material.

5. Lordeden

TV’s Arrow Wasn’t Pleased with WB/DC Movie Announcement « Nerdist

They are splitting it down the middle with TV and movies. I agree with Stephen Amell that it is a slap in the face of the actor who plays Flash on TV. I don't think DC is going to do this right and it's going to lead to a good bit of confusion with fans of the TV show. Marvel has comic book fans and MCU movie fans. Now DC will have comic book fans, TV show fans and movie fans. Will they have enough to support all three at the same time?

6. Levite

I think it's a stupid fucking move on DC's part not to solidify their movie and TV universe into one, the way Marvel is doing-- and doing brilliantly. And that goes double considering that I like this kid they have playing the Flash. I think he's doing a good job. And I wouldn't mind seeing him do it in a movie. The same way I hope that, if they bring Green Arrow into the Justice League film(s), I'd want Stephen Amell to keep playing Ollie Queen, since he's been doing a kickass job at it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

ooo...just saw more of Gorilla Grodd :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. rogue49

Well, I don't know if we need to dedicate another thread to it...but since this is one about a DC TV series...
    ‘Teen Titans’ Television Series Confirmed To Shoot

There's a Kid Flash in the original team...but it's unlikely that this will happen since the current TV Flash is still fairly young and not as established.
    It's more likely they'll focus on the current line-up.

Ooo...I can't wait until they cast the actress for Starfire. Yum... :D (like a young version of Christina Hendricks or Lauren Holly)
    I'd say Robin would be the hardest to cast. (gotta be someone comfortable in green briefs)

• Like Like x 2
  9. redravin

I suspect they will probably go for the more current version of Robin
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lordeden

They said somewhere (i'll look in a minute) that it was the Dark Knight Returns lady robin.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Levite

I heard they were going with Nightwing rather than Robin.

• Like Like x 1
  12. redravin

Just saw Geoff Johns tweeted that it would be Nightwing.
    I hope they go with his original costume.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. rogue49

And on a tangent note...cue the mad scientist laugh (Bwahahahaha)
    A spoiler...but I have to say it. (@Fremen noted it before...and I didn't catch it)

I know who flamebrain in the most recent episode is...Ronnie (Caitlin Snow's dead/not dead BF)
    Firestorm - The Nuclear Man!! :D

And yes, the original one in the comics is named Ronnie Raymond.
    Man, I don't know why I didn't connect it before...they separated the last name with the first amongst the shows. (I think I'm the only one who didn't know...)
    But as SOON as he took off flying... it hit. (just the powers alone did it, I had to look up the original alias)

BTW..."flamebrain" is his nickname (I think the Flash called him that first, but I'm not sure)
    Why? guess...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  14. Levite

Because you think it will be set in 1977, or because you think Nightwing should be gay?

• Like Like x 2
  15. redravin

Gotta bring back the disco collar.

Sadly even Tim Gunn said that was one of the worst super hero costumes he'd seen.

16. rogue49

I can't believe no body noted the Justice League easter egg at the end of this week's Flash. :cool:

Anyone else see it?
    All the major players are there...

Hint, it's not a obvious moving part...Hint 2, Wells noted it.

17. Levite

Yeah, I saw that shit. Took me a second, but then I was like, "Wait...is that...?"

Also, did you notice he ran to pick up the pizzas in Coast City-- sign noted "Home of Ferris Aircraft?" Think that bodes for a GL intro?

• Like Like x 1
  18. redravin

Loved the run to Coast City for pizza, that was just so geeky.
    And yeah, I caught the JL at the end, they just love to screw with us is all.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Levite

You guys catch the season finale? It was excellent, I thought! I think the show has been steadily getting better with each episode of the season, and it didn't suck starting out. I enjoyed the shit out of it, and can't wait for next season!

20. redravin

So many cool things going on in the finale.​
    I have to say I think the fact that Dr. Stein is a Rabbi and a physicist is oddly one of my favorites right up there with Jay Garrick's helmet coming through the wormhole.​

• Like Like x 1