1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The game Skyrim

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Strange Famous, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Has anyone played this?

I have a question. I was walking along and this prick spoke to me in a disrespectful manner, so I assaulted him and killed him and two of his men. It turns out he was a Falkreath guard.

Now this town keeps sending bounty hunters and guards after me demanding 1150 gold. I have killed 4 or 5 of them so far, but they keep coming. Can I go to the town of Falkreath and kill the jarl to clear this matter up?

I had another issue with this wanker called Dirge in Riften who insulted me. I knifed him, but every time I put the dickhead down, he came back to life again, same with his friends, and I ended up dying and having to go back to the last saved game despite the fact I literally killed him 3 times. I dont want to get stuck in the same bug with this Falkreath guy, but I absolutely refuse to pay this money they are demanding from me and I will kill every male over the age of 18 in Falkreath before I pay up.

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I don't know anything about the game... and as such:

:eek:

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Stop killing annoying people...doesn't work for me IRL either.

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Your bounty is going to keep increasing the more you kill guards. It's generally not wise to kill guards in that game, unless they're Imperials wandering around, or unless you have a great deal of money to pay your bounties.

5. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

It's generally not wise to kill any guards in most RPGs.

I know because when I get bored with an RPG, I start to kill guards and other NPCs. Nothing like loving you get from Ultima guard's trying to beat you to a pulp.

[​IMG]

I mean there's even a guy who blogged about it for Ultima III

My trip through Ultima: Ultima III Day 4 - FINAL -

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

You might have to kill women too, as some guards could be female. But that won't be difficult if you're half the criminal you seem to be.

Also, the commoner womenfolk will likely attack you, as they won't simply wilt at your killing their menfolk.

Remember: These are Skyrimmers.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  7. snowy

Ahh, it makes me long for the days of wandering the moors, trusty Lydia by my side, looking for dragons in the sky.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

You guys are so fuckin' nerdy. I love it.

That and Strange really worries me.

PC games = social experiment.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Baraka_Guru

I get the feeling, though, that you really have no idea.

For example, my SO had to put her foot down at LARPing.

10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Before Google: ;)
    After Google: :eek:

You do realize I'm going to bring ALL this shit up when we get drunk together, right?

• Like Like x 2
  11. snowy

Sad. :( I'd LARP with you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

...is that what the kids call it today?

• Like Like x 4
  13. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

can't you just let them put you in jail and go get a sandwich? you'd be released by the time you got back.

14. Baraka_Guru

Sad indeed. Thanks for your support.

I might be able to get away with cosplay though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Strange Famous

Ok, so they arent going to drop these trumped up charges.

I dont want to kill the women of Falkreith, but I will NOT pay this fine. I know some characters are unkillable by swords for some reason, but can I kill them with my "marked for death" spell or my fire breath spell? If I kill the jarl will this madness be dropped? As long as the main missions in the game dont need me to go there I might be able to avoid the whole town. If I do have to go there these guys better be aware that I WILL defend myself. The only way I would pay this fine would be if first I could burn down every building in the town, drive off all of the women and children and kill the men, and then dance on the ashes. As the jarl came to me to beg my forgiveness I would toss the coins in his face like so much trash and ask him if his faked murder charge against me was worth the price? Wanker.

And there is no way I would go around killing Imperial Soldiers. I am a legate of the Empire. I personally slaughtered the barbarian king Ulfric, srtipped his body as an act of defilement and left it for the dogs on the floor of his own castle.

yes, I suppose video games do bring out my aggressive side. But when I killed Ulfric me and the lads in the imperial army literally killed so many of the storm cloaks I did feel sort of mildly shell shocked, and I went back to Whiterun and married Lydia to take my mind off it.

I feel a lot better now she is safe at home running my shop, and not at risk of getting killed when we go on missions together.

16. Baraka_Guru

"Trumped up"? WTF? Aren't you a confessed murderer?

You will likely have to go through a bunch of guards and the Jarl's steward, Nenya. She's a mage, though I'm sure you could strike her down if you've taken down Ulfric Stormcloak.

However, it will likely be all for naught. Falkreith will likely hold a grudge against their evil aggressor, and I wouldn't blame them.

If you want my advice, I'd either pay the fine or steer clear.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

...what does it say about me that I've never killed a good guy in a video game?​

18. Strange Famous

Self defence is not murder!

The guards that started this spoke to me very rudely and made threats to me. I took reasonable measures to defend myself. The next 4 or 5 that came for me singly after the money all took the first swing. They demanded money or I come with them. I declined. They attacked.

I dont kill good guys in games either. But in Skyrim you cant always tell who the goods guys are. To be fair I did lure a guy into a trap set by a gang of cannibals, but the cannibal who asked me to do it was a nice looking girl, and the priest we killed probably deserved it.

19. Baraka_Guru

Defend yourself against what? Rudeness? What did you use to "block" it? A long, sharp edge with a pointy tip perchance?

Were they debt collectors or were they after you because you're a fugitive?

You really need to clarify your story. This sounds suspicious.

• Like Like x 1
  20. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I like how honor is somehow a concept that matters one iota in a game. A game where you're pretending to be someone else.

• Like Like x 2