1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The game Skyrim

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Strange Famous, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Xerxes

Xerxes Bulking.

This thread is hilarious.

Like a Big Bang Theory abstract.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

If you dont get into the plotline of the game, you are just basically just repeating the same actions again and again... go into dungeon, fight a few people, rob some treasure, solve a puzzle or two, etc etc.

I like to try and imagine its real while I'm playing, but that doesn't think I really think any of the actions in the game have a real moral element, otherwise I wouldnt kill anyone, Id just sit in my house in skyrim and help Lydia run the shop...

3. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

You have already proven that you will kill someone for making fun of you and will do it again and again as a outlaw. Sounds like a moral issue to me. Also, you could pay them to stop coming after you. Isn't like money is a problem in the game.

4. Punk.of.Ages

Punk.of.Ages Getting Tilted

I'm on your side Strange...

In the world of Skyrim rudeness does warrant death! I say kill them all and if they come back, kill them again. Double revenge is better than standard revenge.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

As an aside, the one thing I like about fantasy roleplaying games is that I can play female characters and not have it seem all that weird.

The one thing I love about Skyrim is that I same-sex married the Mary-Ann-like Lydia to keep at home to run my household, but I run around the province with my seedy dark-elf lesbian lover, Jenassa.

Hawt.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

There are a few Phds worth of research in this thread alone.

• Like Like x 3
  7. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

...These sword points, too accurate for Barbarians. Only Imperial Soldiers are so precise...
    Why would Imperial troops want to slaughter Storm Cloaks??
    If they traced the guards here, they may have learned who they sold them to. And that would lead them home to Whiterun!
    Wait! It's too dangerous...

YOU race off leaving the two allies alone with the burning carriage.
    You race across the wasteland on your battered horse.

And the steed roars up to the burning homestead. You jump off and run to the smoking holes that were once your home.
    Debris is scattered everywhere and it looks as if a great battle has taken place.

Lydia!!! Aunt Beru! Uncle Owen!

You stumble around in a daze looking for your wife, aunt and uncle.
    Suddenly you comes upon their smoldering remains.
    You are stunned, and cannot speak. Hate replaces fear and a new resolve comes over you...

[Cue somber music...look into longingly the distance and the sunset of two suns...]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Lordeden

I don't know, I always end up doing the "right" thing in any choice in these types of games. I try and be an asshole, but I end up helping everyone I see. I once tried to be an asshole in Fallout 3 and didn't make very far without doing something good for someone. I always look both ways crossing the street to kill dragons in Skyrim.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Punk.of.Ages

Punk.of.Ages Getting Tilted

I'm the opposite of you, Eden...

I go in with good intentions and halfway through some dudes 18 minute diatribe about blahblahs and whothefuckcares I think to myself, "Orrrr... I could just shock this dude with a lightning spell and smash his face with my axe. Yes, this sounds like a quicker and more enjoyable option!"

Seriously, where's the fun in leading a pretend life if you just do the boring stuff you would actually do in that situation anyway?

10. Baraka_Guru

Honestly? I don't have many opportunities for that stuff in real life. I don't think many of us do. I mean, dragons aren't even real, and neither is magic.

I like to explore who I am as a person in these games by working through situations that are highly unlikely or impossible to happen in real life. It's that whole heroic journey exploration bidness.

Every time I try to be evil/immoral in games, I always feel something uncomfortable in the pit of my stomach, and then I have to make good. (Or load a previous save game.)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lordeden

See, that's the thing, if I landed in Skyrim... I'd end up being a good guy. I'd help the shopkeeper find his brother and I'd go on the quest to kill the dragon... just to be honorable. Even when I could kill someone and get away with it scott-free, I'd still hesitate. I think I've been brainwashed to much by the tales of knights and honor codes.

At worse, I'd be neutral good.

IE. Captain Malcolm Reynolds.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

My pet dragon isn't real? I spend all this time raising him from a wee egg and feeding it local strays (dogs, cats, children, whatever else) until it barely fits in the yard, and now you tell me this?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Baraka_Guru

Dude, I keep telling you. It's not a dragon; it's a wyvern!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Lordeden

You have a wyvern? I think they make a cream for that.

*rimshot*

• Like Like x 4
  15. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Oh damn, it does have two legs. That whole fire breathing thing must have thrown me off, fairly certain my pet had a dragon somewhere in the family tree several generations back though.
    The one time the_jazz got near it Norbert nearly bit off part of his massive online ego before he realised just how powerful a force that was.

16. Strange Famous

I try and do the right thing usually as well, other than my gender bias (I treat female NPCs better than male...)

At the start I wanted to side with the stormcloaks. The Empire almost beheaded me. But when I was doing the first missions when you have to decide, the stormcloak city appalled me with the racism the elves were subjected to. General Tullius impressed me. A hard man, but a fair man who was doing his best to hold the peace for the "small folk" who the Stormcloaks throw into chaos for their own religious motivations. I joined the empire cos I respected him and didnt respect the barbarian king.

I had no problem killing the Ulfric (I didnt single hand him, General Tullius and another solider was with me - it was 3 of us against Ulfric and his main man - but I struck the killing blow).

If some punk gets in my face as is threatening me (like the dicksmoker from falkreith who started the shit)... yes I may snap and take this man apart. But the only thing I feel bad about is that I lured the priest into the den of the cannibals and then gave him the killing blow when the girl mesmerised him. I think he was a bad guy, but nobody deserves that.

If Lydia was ever harmed, I would kill anyone involved as well as their immediate family - for the simple fact that I would want them to die knowing that their actions had also condemned everyone they loved, that their families died cursing them and me for bringing this fate upon them... but otherwise I normally follow the "good" path.

Even like in WOW, I dont play horde (other than Forsaken) cos they are evil even though they always seem to win more in BGs

17. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

wait, can't you just beat someone down with your fists in this game, which wouldn't kill someone/create the bounty problem with the town and simultaneously exact the toll on whoever besmirches you?

18. Strange Famous

Ive had another problem.

First of all, I'm not proud of myself and the actions I have carried out are of very low moral character. Im not denying that.

I fell in with this quest line about the "Dark Brotherhood" who are hired killers. The first kill I did for them was an evil woman who was abusing children. Next a rapist lizard man. Next I know they gave 3 or 4 hits and I just was doing them seeing where the missions would take me to. I had this mission to do a killing in a town (I think Markeath?) and it turned out it was a girl who owned a timber mill.

So I am not saying this is ok. but its just a game and so I lined her up... nightingale bow and an ebony arrow. "Mark, bitch" and shot her. But she didnt die straight out and I had to rush on her with my sword. I hit her and then she went down on her knee's and cried out for mercy.

I am not some kind of wild animal and I realised I cant kill an unarmed woman who is pleading for her life. I had to sprint out of the joint from the guards trying (rightfully) to kill me.

_

I am ashamed that I almost killed this girl. I know want to murder all of the dark brotherhood for calling this hit to redeem myself/

I searched online over this, cos I had a problem when I tried to slit the throat of one of the thiefs guild because he spoke to me in a very rude manner (an interesting little man called "dirge") but he wouldnt die. I know its because he can give out quests I couldnt kill him.

I dont want to get in the same situation over the dark brotherhood.

Is there a modification or a tip that will allow me to kill them all? I have the game on XBox 360.

19. harry New Member

I killed my wife in that game so I could marry a new one. It didnt work out as expected and I felt so bad about it afterwards that I stopped playing.

20. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Thread resurrection...

If this isn't a good thread to post Skyrim questions in, tell me and I'll create a new one, mods.

Like I said in Pointless Announcements, I recently bought Skyrim, and now have created my first character.
    A female Imperial by the name of Polly Grypp. (watching a commercial at the time I was creating character)
    She'll be a sneaky archer mage. At least that's the plan so far.

Any info I can't look up, I hope you veteran players won't mind answering. Thanks.

Btw, I can already tell I'm going to have trouble with the limited inventory weight. I about looted the whole of Helgen Keep before I left. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3