1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The game Skyrim

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Strange Famous, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

Careful, it's a slippery slope...

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcx6UbMCtfI

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

That is funny as hell! Thanks, @Spiritsoar . :D
    Hopefully I don't get as bad. Maybe I'll find someone willing to give me a good price for my collection. ;)

3. Jon Quixote

Jon Quixote Vertical

Wow, these posts are pretty damn brutal. I would recommend that you feel less for the characters, but I have the same problem. I always end up helping people on my main character, he's all noble and stuff, but I also have a character solely devoted to being a huge asshole. I did all the Daedric quests with this guy so I didn't have to sully my main character's good name with murder and cannibalism and whatever the hell a Wabbajack is. I can sympathize with you about the anger issues thing, though, since I once wiped out most of Whiterun and Riverwood in werewolf form, but decided I should probably load an earlier save since that would most definitely come back to bite me. I don't even know why I get so attached, but I find it hard to kill people I've travelled with. When people insult or try to rob me or accidentally trap me in a corner, they die, though. I just pull Chillrend and say, "eat frost, bitch."

4. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

It'll be my pleasure to keep an eye on your questions. I did most of the main quest and a lot of exploring before my HD died and lost a lot. My character - female - is a sneaky archer with good one armed sword and a tiny bit of magic for restoration and direction finding ... married to Lydia who does most of the blockbuster attacking. Fighting dragons is totally embarrassing for me. I hide and snipe while Lydia rushes out like Rambo, but I am the 'magnificent' Dovakim, great dragon-slayer dragonborne hiding behind a rock pinging arros while Lydia takes the bugger out single handed.

But I'll still be proud to answer your questions and be helpful if I can.

Best wishes :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fremen

So, I have my first question.

I was on my way to Bleak Falls Barrow by way of Riverwood to retrieve a Golden Claw when I found Anise's Shack.

I'll put the rest in Spoiler tags just in case.

I found her cellar, and being curious, I went down to see what was what. Surprise, she's a witch! When I come upstairs she attacks me and I manage to kill her.
    I then loot her house since she won't be needing her gear anymore.

Fast forward past the conclusion of Bleak Falls Barrow quest to the return of the Golden Claw.
    After a few minutes spent chopping wood for money to level up my bow skills, a trio of hired thugs show up to make sure I regret killing and stealing from Anise.
    I went walking up to them barehanded all derpy derp because I thought they were soldiers, and they cut me down like a desiccated cornstalk.
    After reloading, I went and gathered more wood and waited to see if they would come back. Sure enough they did, but while I was in my wood-cutting animation and couldn't fight back. *sigh*
    The third time I managed to kill them.. (by the skin of my teeth)

Finally, here is the question. Since I managed to kill Anise's sister Moira's Thugs, will Moira send more thugs after me?

Thanks for your patience.

6. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hi @Fremen :)

I'll have a think on that. My first response is that I don't remember Anise ... cos I'd live day by day and I've almost forgotten some of ... er ... many of the quests. But I'll have a search on the web and get back to you .... ie OK you could find this yourself if it's there to find BUT you risk finding or seeing stuff that'd spoil bits of the game you don't yet know, so I'll get on with it and let you know what if anything I find.

Take care :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fremen

Ok, I've been set upon by an Argonian assassin sent by either the Brotherhood of Evil or Assassins, I forget which.
    Anyway, @Zen, I've come to realize in this game if you get crosswise of any little ol' run of the mill person you happen upon, they'll sic someone after you.
    So, I'll just grin, bear it, and kill 'em all, then let Olaf One-Eye sort it out.

I tell you, it's a riot seeing these bounty and contract notes made out to kill Polly Grypp. I should have picked a more outrageous name just to keep myself laughing.
    "In our agreed upon terms, I pay you "X amount of gold" for the death of "Ivana Thundersnatch"... or something like that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

This game is quite fun now that I've actually gone out of my way to learn how to play it more fully.

I was always a bit overwhelmed by all the detail and so would avoid things and cut corners, just running around and killing things and taking the loot.

Now I'm figuring out more about using skills, and learning more about smithing, alchemy, enchantment, etc., that will allow me to do more interesting things with all the shit I've collected.

I might even break level 30 soon. :D

But seriously. My playing this game was so inconsistent that my experience was generally not all that inspired. Regular play recently and a focus on certain quest lines (instead of just collecting quests and not finishing them) has given me a better feel for the game. I might just focus on finishing it and restarting with a thief or mage type (I'm a warrior right now) to play through it differently.

9. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Playing a thief is fun.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I played one to level 5 recently. I kinda like the different skill sets, especially when you need to use them for quests. I want to play one that leans towards an assassin type, but I think spending the time to play a pickpocket/B&E thief with a maxed-out speech tree would be fun too.

I'm torn on a mage character. Pure mage seems to be an odd choice for this game, and I'd be torn on how to divide up the magic (over pure destruction). I thought about making a kick-ass conjurer, but I'd have to investigate that more. I think mage would be fun if maybe you went more combat oriented, kinda like a spellsword or something.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Oh boy, I don't even know what you guys are talking about.....(what the hell.... I must be too old for this shit)

12. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I need to get this. I enjoyed the hell out of Oblivion, and I also recently discovered that Keith Szarabajka does six of the voices. Yes, please.

• Like Like x 1
  13. snowy

I think the highest character I have is kinda like this, but I haven't played Skyrim in well over a year. I should maybe start again. I ran into a major bug with Lydia and my house and lost a bunch of stuff :(

14. Jon Quixote

Jon Quixote Vertical

My best character was actually a mix between a warrior and a conjurer, which was pretty bizarre but ridiculously fun. Then I made a thief/archer, which I used to collect all the Daedric Artifacts and kick major ass. Then I made a mage focussed on destruction, illusion, and alteration. Combat was difficult.

I recently made a new character named "Stephen the Fist". This is because he only uses his fists, and nothing else. It has been excruciating. I have been killed a ridiculous amount of times, and no matter how high my heavy armor skill is, no matter how high my unarmed enchantment is, it seems like a single draugr could murder me easily. And, of course, Stephen the Fist works alone, because it would be hard to complete his goal of punching every living being in Skyrim with a partner. But with every dragon, mage, giant, and super fat walrus comes just a little more regret over making such a pointless character, until the day when I go out, buy a Ring of Minor Unarmed Combat, and punch a large hole in my television. I honestly can't wait.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

You probably already have these...
    But the gloves of the pugilist would be good for Stephen. They make unarmed strikes do 10 additional damage. Apparently they are the only item in the game to have the fortify unarmed enchantment.

You'll find them in the Ratways of Riften

*Actually, rereading your post...
    You already have the fortify unarmed enchantment. So you definitely already have them*

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Fremen

Speaking of using your fists...
    I just finished a leg of a quest in Markarth to find info about the Forsworn Conspiracy, when a dude came up to me and wanted to brawl.
    I beat him, eventually, but damn, it was a long drawn out bout. I don't envy you, @Jon Quixote .

--

After the brawl, I took on the quest to find the next Sybil of Dibella, which had me going to search a nearby village for a little girl.

I forgot to save after I left Markarth, and when I got to the village I was jumped by a golden frost dragon and another dragon.
    Needless to say, I was a dead archer, and will have to restart back in Markarth.

This game is pretty damn fun.

I'm about level 37 now. My smithing, conjuring, sneaking and archery are all over at least 50. I have conjuring up to 100 because I soul trapped a dead body continuously. (not sure if it's a glitch, or what)
    I was trying to increase it so I can get a bound bow pretty fast.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CinnamonGirl

So, I went back and read the first couple pages, which I had apparently missed. Dying over here, guys. Dying.

Anyway, I think I'm up to level... 9, maybe? I'm a Breton, and my highest ability scores are in Destruction magic and one-handed weapons. I also have a much higher lock-picking score than I did in Oblivion...lock picking is way easier in Skyrim.

I haven't played quite as much as I otherwise would have, because SOMEONE decided he wanted to play, too. Harrumph.

• Like Like x 2
  18. snowy

Not surprised at all. We used to argue over whose turn it was.

19. CinnamonGirl

When I was a kid, my parents implemented the Timed Turns for video games my brother and I played. Thought about bringing that up, but I might just buy him the PC version so we can both play at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

Has anyone else ran into the Riften/Skooma BUG?

I'm the type of player who strips everything of value from a room before I progress the current mission. But I had to reload my game a few times and google some help before I passed this one.
    If you don't read the note in the satchel before you "take all" the mission doesn't progress.
    All I want is a house near the thieves guild! :D