1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The new transformers movie

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by AlwaysCurious, Jul 10, 2014.

1. AlwaysCurious

AlwaysCurious Vertical

Has anyone watched it yet? Reviews?

2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I went with my kiddos last week.
    Have to say it's probably the best movie out of all of them.
    However, that is is damning it with faint praise.

My daughters hated the the female lead, thought she was pretty much useless and for a Texas girl not to be know her way around a fire arm was really lame.
    Stanley Tucchi is always great, and the Transformers they used this time around weren't racist or totally annoying.
    They didn't do nearly enough with the animal Transformers.
    I'd give it a C.

3. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

The last one was total dogsh*t, saw a good portion of that one involuntarily in the break room during lunch and it would take something similar to see this one. I will stick with the 1986 cartoon if I want to see a Transformer film.
    I should note in my opinion all of these recent films are bad at best and get worse from there. The quote from Black Adder in my sig neatly sums up my view on the film series -
    "Well it started badly, and it taled off a little in the middle, and the less said about the end the better. But apart from that excellent."

4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I did see Tom Cruise's movie where every time he dies time gets reset.
    Have to say, he made a pretty good speculative fiction movie with a strong female character.
    The plot was smart, the action was paced and not overly shaky camed.
    The title is totally forgettable and there are a few plot holes but overall it was nicely done.
    Too bad it's going to sink out of sight while Transformers makes a fortune.

5. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

That Tom Cruise film was damn good. Definitely something I want to buy when it hits blu-ray.
    The transformers films on the other hand were items I was very quick to drop when they were called "my dvds". Even when you consider the shallow origin of the story, the film plots are paper thin and a weak glue at best to hold together cgi scenes.