1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

"The Plummeting" Work In Progress

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by kramus, Nov 24, 2017.

1. kramus

kramus what I might see

"The Plummeting" WIP 17" x 23" pencils and graphite powder.
    I’ll be spending some time on this one.
    I always like hearing your thoughts about my work. With a WIP like this one, the conversation I have in my creative process with my work becomes informed by other conversations. When those other conversations are about the WIP, that's a pretty cool thing :)

studio easel iPhone happy-snap
    The Plummeting first pic 800.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

I like the conversations you have with us during both the thinking through and drawing stages of your art. Looking forward to watching the process of this one unfold.

3. kramus

kramus what I might see

Good to hear Wildmermaid. It will take a while to get the piece done, I’m thinking. Plenty of opportunity to say a word or 2 about the WIP.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kramus

kramus what I might see

This is the second progress pic - I'm guessing I'll be putting a fair bit of time into the drawing and wondering if much will show for it. That seems to be the way for these pieces lately. Any thoughts or C&C welcome [​IMG]

0379D01F-6A10-4863-BD20-3114924277E9.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Have you thought of entering one of your pieces in the Seattle Erotic Arts Festival, it is global so need to be in state to enter.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kramus

kramus what I might see

I've never heard of the SEAF Wildmermaid. It would take a bit of research before I'd be comfortable with that sort of submission. Success means international shipping, insurance concerns, stuff like that. Right now I have a show I'm gearing up for in Toronto in February where my newer work will go. Thanks for the heads up though!

Edited to add some thoughts I wrote out as an answer to a question about the title of the piece someone posted on FB:

Plummeting as a word has more flavours than the pure "high-speed drop" definition we generally use these days. It means to swoop, drop, dive ... Plummet is also is a noun, a plummet being the weight used with a line to test verticality, or depth.

The sense of a precipitous drop is part of the title, especially when you think of free fall, or even pulling g's when descent speed exceeds free fall. I was thinking of the lift and fall, both intentionally and not, that we sometimes undergo. I was thinking of the joyous elements, and the fearful. The watching, the witnessing in awe as well as the fear of being crushed by such an open release into space and depth. I thought of sounding the depths that one can power through or over, and how through either intent or loss of control one can suddenly be caught by those depths.

There is a power in size. A drop of water has less power than a pond of water (which can kill, or sustain). An ocean more so. The same with the space inside of your cupped hands vs the space of sky that wraps an ocean and feeds itself into the vacuum of outer space.

Plummeting is sort of a gateway to these thoughts. As is my artwork. My inner gateway, and if somebody wants to sit with that art for a while perhaps an outer gateway as well :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. kramus

kramus what I might see

The last image before I call it done. I’m in the pulling-together phase now.

E5F88092-07A4-400C-A83C-00EB58E094B8.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. kramus

kramus what I might see

I noticed I’d never actually posted a final image of the drawing here. I decided to call it “Rise and Fall”.
    This is a professionally imaged file. I’m happy with the result :)

FECC2BDB-072F-4C33-A2D0-F8330DAE4C85.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1