1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The Probe

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Oct 29, 2017.

1. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

Rudy Giuliani’s Legal Defense Fund Has Raised $9,590 (Just $4,990,410 to Go!)

Only $4,990,410 to go.

The FBI stuff is a bit harder to figure out. It will make groups on both sides a lot more paranoid about new members and even existing members who aren't the typical demographic. And while some paranoia might slow down the extremists, it will also become a lot harder to infiltrate in the future now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

View: https://twitter.com/repkinzinger/status/1419329112125149187?s=21
    Where the popcorn?
    This IS going to get interesting…

I wonder if Pelosi will add 3 more anti-Trumpers
    To make it the same amount as selected by McC.

Good way to give the spotlight to those who aren’t hitting war drums.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 28, 2021 at 7:25 AM, Original Post Date: Jul 25, 2021 ---
    D.C. Police Officer shares disturbing voicemail he received while testifying in front of 1/6 Select Committee Tuesday

Let's hear it for the brave guy. :cool:

Shame on those still victimizing him.
    Just disgusting. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  4. rogue49

Justice Dept: Republican Rep. Mo Brooks may be sued over Jan. 6 speech to Trump supporters — The Washington Post

The smack down is slowly coming
    There may be consequences for poor choices instigating violence against the public, the police, officials and the Federal Government

It’s called “Sedition”
    And you’re about to understand it’s meaning when you choose to ignore it.

This was NOT about fighting tyranny
    This was about SUPPORTING tyranny
    Big diff.

Just because you didn’t get what you wanted in a fair vote,
    Choosing to believe lies & conspiracies
    You chose violence and rebellion

NOT against injustice
    But just because you’re all sore fuckin’ losers.

Stop kicking & screaming
    Take your medicine.

======================================

--- Double Post Merged, Jul 29, 2021 at 4:53 AM, Original Post Date: Jul 28, 2021 at 9:41 AM ---
    GOP lawmaker Mo Brooks admits he wore body armor at Jan. 6 Trump rally, and says he was tipped off to 'risks'

Ahhh, you were tipped off, eh???
    Please hang him up by his tooties, until he says who.

He needs anyway, IMHO :mad:

5. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

While I was more than 15 hours away from DC on Jan 6th, even I heard about the event. The Pod Save America podcast even warned people a few days ahead of time to stay out of DC and that it was going to get crazy. Left wing groups didn't organize counter protests because they feared that the anger and violence would be directed at them first I remember seeing posted online the weekend before Jan 6th.

But, I still worry that the right didn't have a change of heart and think that what they did was wrong, only that their strategy was ineffective. Had they stormed the state houses in Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania, it might have turned out differently. Either just by preventing them from sending in the electoral college ballots in time, or by preventing the GOP majority in the state houses from wanting to certify the election. And I don't know what happens the first time that happens in this country. I think we were lucky that it didn't just come down to one state in this last election actually.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rogue49

Trump to acting AG, according to aide’s notes: ‘Just say the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me’ — The Washington Post

Wow, this is a doozy!
    I wonder if any consequence will come from this???

I guess they’ll finish the investigation first
    Then start drilling down further

Except he was already impeached for this.
    But impeachments don’t mean he can’t be prosecuted and held accountable.

Impeachment just kicks them out of office
    There needs to be another phase

That portion can happen whether in office or not.
    Let’s hope

• Agree Agree x 1