1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The Probe

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

It could all be for show.

Go through the motions.

Do enough to look good.

Be careful not do anything to push the magatards into violent action (we don't want the optics of gunning down our own citizens even if they asked for it).

Drag it out until the majority of the public no longer cares.

Drag it out until NPD Trump is dead, or mentally incompetent.

Make certain NPD Trump isn't actually convicted (overcharge him so the standard can't be met, make key "accidental" blunders during the trial, etc).

If he should somehow actually be convicted, let him basically walk by making any sentencing merely symbolic.

Let's not forget challenges to any inictments, and dare I say convictions, could end up being ruled on by SCOTUS.

All of the above is extremely likely, and even worse very doable.

Don't get me wrong. I want to see NPD Trump (and his cohorts) in prison to show:
    NPD Trump he can't "settle" his way out of everything.
    The GOP selling its soul for political power has consequences.
    The magatards threats, and acts, of violence don't work.
    The USA has the judicial system, and the commitment to ethics, to bring extremely powerful people to justice.

2. Chris Noyb

3. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 2
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...-smith-rudy-giuliani-john-eastman-1234798826/

I'm not sure that throwing/trying to throw people with that much direct knowledge of his illegal activities is a good strategy for NPD Trump. He could open the door to basically waiving Attorney Client Privelage.

IMO prosecutors already have a very strong case for enacting the Crime-Fraud Exception. NPD Trump openly blaming his attorneys could make it that much easier, or even moot.

Also, those same attorneys could decide to throw NPD Trump under the bus.

6. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  7. rogue49

Opinion | Why Trump Was Indicted (Again)

Well, it finally friggin' happened
    'bout damn time. We're burning daylight here folks. (meaning the primaries and election are coming closer...)

Thing is, most people forget that this was pushed forward by Congress, specifically the House Jan 6th investigation committee. (ending last Dec, before the GOP took over)

And this will be a different court...being in DC. No judge Cannon. But courts and cases that tale itself seriously.
    Question is how fast???
    They certainly have more than enough evidence from both the Committee's long effort and Smith's
    Then there's the potential impact of the co-conspirators (quite a few are VERY unpredictable...) And that T is expected, no an actual strategy, of throwing them under the bus. (will they flip??)

And they actually don't have statutes of law against this, this has NEVER happened before. Truly unprecedented.
    This is definitely history in the making.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

9. Chris Noyb

Georgia could announce an indictment next week.

Georgia Grand Jury Likely to Hear Trump Case Next Week

The biggie is if this remains a state case (a motion to make it a Federal case has already been denied) NPD Trump can't be pardoned by himself or a sympathetic POTUS.

10. rogue49

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

I sincerely hope Jack Smith & Crew can prove fraud, and do take money from Save America PAC (shorten it to SAP?).

I'm still not understanding the relationship between NPD Trump and Counselori Giuliani.

Were they friends? If yes, why didn't Rudy get paid?

Did Rudy start off working for free, hoping for a bunch of chits, while not anticipating his own future massive legal expenses?

Did the relationship between the two meglomaniacs work only while each benefitted? Did it turn sour when NPD Trump decided Counselori was no longer useful?

• Like Like x 1
  12. rogue49

Previously Secret Memo Laid Out Strategy for Trump to Overturn Biden’s Win

And now, the NY Times again comes up with some good findings.
    It's not been found by the Dept of Justice or Jack Smith or the Jan 6th committee, but hopefully allowed into evidence.

Hey, ANY thing found by ANY source, shoud be allowed into evidence.
    This thing is huge, a web, complex, so many people involved, little bread crumbs laid out everywhere.

This is why I think judge Cannon's question about where a Grand jury is located is stupid.
    Y'think crime cares about borders and jurisdictions???
    Just gather the info, from anywhere.

Just keep adding to the pile. It all counts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rogue49

Florida lawyer files challenge to disqualify Trump from 2024 race, citing 14th Amendment

Yet another case against T.
    And just after those 2 conservative professors said the same thing.

Now, I don't think this particular lawsuit would succeed....BUT, it might create enough momentum for other parallel cases with more bite to do so.
    AND it would create more doubt about him.
    AND it's going to be all over the news....repeatedly, ad nauseam. :D

Sooner or later, the man is going to snap.
    Keep piling on, :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  15. rogue49

Now the question is, what are they going to do about sentencing???
    Bannon is still appealing his (only for 4 months jail)
    Will it be effective??

* BTW, I put this in the probe thread because it a smaller situation that was originally a part of the investigation and Jan 6th panel.
    "What is Happening is a bit more overarching separate issues.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rogue49

Trump legal news brief: Grand jury recommended charging Sen. Lindsey Graham, 20 other Trump allies

What IF?
    That would have been even more of a circus. But the prosecution is going for that RICO all in one slam dunk.
    Going after the others would have been speculative, not actual intent with direct involvement. (Kinda like she's ignoring Jim Jordan, you've got your free speech but there's no direct manipulation)
    This all goes back to the original investigation at the Georgia level, who DID what.

Now, Jack Smith might be able to drum up charges on the Senators, but for now, he's focusing on T. (doesn't mean he can't do it later... :D)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. rogue49

Trump, who led the longest government shutdown in US history, calls on Republicans to let it happen again in 9 days so they can 'defund these political prosecutions against me'

So, he would let the whole nation fail to save his own ass???
    Sounds typical for T.

1. That's not how it works, especially in open cases.
    2. He forgets the 2 of the major cases aren't even Federal, they're state level at Georgia and New York.

And those state ones aren't going away.... (he's been denied converting them into Federal courts)
    They're VERY aggressive and they've got some serious goods on him.

He's kicking and squirming, but keeps having rulings go against him.

BUT, remember - he's willing to make MANY miserable and the nation unstable for HIS benefit.
    Like when he messed up the Covid-19 response and many got killed or went into the hospital because of him. (drink bleach??? :eek:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. rogue49

N.Y. judge finds Trump committed fraud and sanctions his attorneys

Hopefully, this is just the start.
    And his attorneys got slammed and fined too.

Hopefully the house of cards are falling.
    It's going to take a lot for the whole damn company to fail...it's a global web.

And the judge is even getting sarcastic, exhausted by all the ploys T and his lawyers are trying...
    :D

Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

Up to $250M...

Trump could now be on the hook for up to $250 million for fraud

What's seems really important at this point is NPD Trump has lost control of his properties. Hopefully this means no hiding assets or other attempts to soften the financial hits.

I wonder if anyone, including NPD Trump's accountants, know what losing the ability to do business in NY state will do to his "business empire."

We can hope. It was the money trail that put Capone in prison.

• Like Like x 1