1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Robot Test (v4.0)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Street Pattern, May 5, 2016.

?

Which category did you fall into?

1. Grand Wizard, Wizard, or Wizard Apprentice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Robot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cyborg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Slightly Strange

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Normalfag

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Chad/Stacey

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Successful

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

Came across this on Reddit.

normie.jpg

2. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I got 82, but I think high 70's is more where I am now if I answer honestly on some of the questions. If I took this a decade or two ago, it would be even lower. The whole green section is my biggest problem.

If I am trying to figure out the meaning of life, it is to get a higher score on this test.

3. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Some of these seem slightly subjective. Like I think I have good fashion sense, a reasonably attractive face, and a healthy view on women, but if I didn't how would I know?

I'm apparently a Chad and/or a Stacey. Yay?

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I scored 135, and detect a tinge of bias here favoring 20-something males. Not one of the pictured characters appear to be female. I also did very poorly on the bonus section. I guess being female makes up for having no smartphone and (the horror :eek: ) I don't do text.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I seem to fall in the slightly-strange category but the whole not not driving because of epilepsy and being chronically depressed probably tilted things a bit.

6. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

The bonus section seems kind of arbitrary. I didn't get the "are you female" question. ;)
    Although, you should get minus points for doing the quiz...

But I got 145 - so I guess I'm "Successful"

I'm glad that's in quotes...because I feel I have so much more to do. And I'm never quite "good enough"
    Not from anything my mom ever said...but from the population in general. They can be quite opinionated...and to be honest, especially women.
    Maybe I'm just thin skinned.

But I think that people should lay off others that are not quite there yet...even others who are not quite there yet.
    Life is a building process.
    And it takes time to build...and learn to enjoy.

I'll put this out there for our peeps :)

Let your freak flag fly. :cool:

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  7. Street Pattern

I went through the list very conservatively, and awarded myself points only for those things which unequivocally applied to me. Still got "Successful".

I feel a lot of empathy for the intended audience for this quiz, the guys who would get low scores.

8. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

143, give or take.

9. LmnShtm

LmnShtm New Member

103. Really thought I was slightly strange, turns out I'm a normalfag. Don't know whether I'm happy or disappointed.

10. 68......yep... lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

11. martian

It's possible I did the math wrong. I sort of half assed it to be honest. I could go through it again and double check but I don't care enough. I don't put a lot of faith in personality tests to begin with and this one in particular seems rather, uh, skewed.

I wonder how much of this is people who actually live like this vs people who want to fit an image. I mean, there have always been social outcasts and there's always been a percentage of them who want to further distance themselves from the rest of society as a way of sort of establishing a counterculture identity.

But ultimately I don't know. Maybe there really are people that sad. I can't imagine feeling anything but empathy for someone like that, though maybe that depends on how frequently they bathe.

• Like Like x 2
  12. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Successful!

Go figure.

13. Street Pattern

Of course the "test" is arbitrary bullshit, and the "score" largely meaningless.
    I don't think it's just a counterculture identity. Yes, there really are people that sad, a whole lot of them, and hygiene isn't their main problem. I have a lot of empathy for them.

According to the 2010 U.S. Census, among the 18-39 age group, there are about 3.2 million more unmarried men than unmarried women. For every nine single men, there are eight single women.

But a lot of men, especially nonwhite men, are in prison, and both genders have a strong preference for same-race partners. If you limit the analysis to white men and white women, the surplus of unmarried men is actually larger, about 3.5 million, and the ratio is six single men for every five single women.

Of course, those numbers are only crude indicators. Not everyone wants to be married, not everyone wants an opposite sex partner, some people choose partners outside their immediate age/race group, etc., etc. But I can well understand how guys at the bottom of the attractiveness scale would get discouraged, or even stop trying.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  14. martian

Well, sure, there are statistics and that's cool. But, y'know, there are a lot of single guys and that's fine. I know a lot of them. Some of them are a bit nerdy, or a bit awkward. Some are a lot of one or both. But there's a difference between that and the sort of subhuman misogynistic underachieving loser the test seems geared towards.

I just think of how maladjusted someone would have to be in order to score under 50 on this thing and I have a hard time imagining someone like that could have any kind of functional existence. But I have no facts, only feelings, so who knows.