1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

The Standard Transmission Thread

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by martian, Feb 23, 2016.

1. omega

omega Very Tilted Donor

I have had a fair amount of manuals. 1985 subaru dl wagon. 1988 mazda 323 gt. 1998 acura integra gsr. 1988 mazda rx7. 2002 subaru wrx wagon. And my current daily Colorado car, my 2010 rx8. I like manuals. Autos are fine. Was perfectly fine in my old kia sedona minivan. My crown vic and dodge charger for my old job were both autos. Need it when operating a radio and computer at the same time. I'm hoping my next car will be a later model mustang gt. If so, it will be a manual. But if I went the chrysler 300c route, big v6 sedan, I'd take an auto no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

My main car is a 2006 Accord EX/L sedan with VTEC V-6 and 6 speed manual. A rare car. Plain white stealth fast. It's a torque monster like an old American V-8. Plenty enough torque to start in 2nd, which I do if I'm feeling lazy (and not facing uphill.) Then at about 20mph shift to 4th. Lol!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Those are hard to find.

4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

If my memory serves me correctly, the mustang is the only thing that ford makes anymore with a manual transmission. And rumor has it that it will be fading away in the next few years

• Agree Agree x 1