1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Concert

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by grumpyolddude, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Fly

Fly music is the answer

Zen.......you really know how to word things.....thank you.

Joniemack........I too really liked the way you sang One More Summer.......and.......agree with Zen on the fact that it would be nice to hear your take and vocal on Ain't it true.

so much good music out there that not many folks will get to hear.I really like this thread

2. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

Thank you so much, Zen. I'm disparaging of the fact that my voice will never live up to the one that sings in my head.

I hope to perform "Ain't That True" at an open mic as soon as I can master Don's chords and learn to whistle. I'm not holding my breath on either of those scores and asking that no one else does either. :D

3. Alistair Eurotrash

Zen,

Let me first say how much I admire the attention you pay to people's posts (not just here - in general). I'm sure you are a great listener in the non-virtual world too.

The mic is one of a pair of LDCs I have that were made by a guy on the Reaper forum. I like them very much. They have switchable patterns, but I just set that one up quickly as a cardioid as I wasn't really paying too much attention to placement.

The percussion was created by Jamstix. I think there are some congas and darbukas in there, but can't recall. I do know the percussion needs work and I haven't got around to it yet.

Thank you for your kind comments :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Why was I not informed this thread existed?
    It was 'born' before I arrived. <hmmpt>
    This is me at Facebook: facebook.com/true.bloodblog -- if there's a secret handshake or something to watch your video.
    Thank you!
    P.S. great thread idea!

5. Sent a FB friend request. Maybe that will unlock things? I saw it blocked, then logged in to FB and Presto!

Zen, your comments are a lesson in critical listening. I listened for entertainment, then read what you wrote, and went back to listen again. Definitely an "Oh, yeah!" experience.

6. Fly

Fly music is the answer

too bad more players won't join in.........

great thread grump

7. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Thank you! Am playing catch-up but will get to it and the rest of this thread now that I'm following it.
    --- merged: Jan 18, 2012 8:17 PM ---
    I agree, Fly. Maybe more 'appreciators' will get involved and we can get the thread up where more people will notice it.
    The arts--music, poetry, photography, etc. were long a integral part of the TFP. I think it is really worthwhile to keep the momentum going in TFP v 5.0. I'll be back.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fly

Fly music is the answer

hey grump.........mind if I post a tune my son did by himself.......he plays everything and recorded it all,without my help,in our home studio........kinda proud and would like to share.

what say you?

9. Alistair Eurotrash

Well, I'd like to hear it!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Post it up!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fly

Fly music is the answer

well all righty then..........

it's heavy.....but he does some neat shit in this piece.......

he's the punk on the left in the picture

• Like Like x 3
  12. You've got every reason to be proud, Fly! How old is he and how long has he been playing?

Pretty cohesive production, fairly tight. You should let him produce some Blue Fly sessions( :p:D).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fly

Fly music is the answer

he just turned 19........was a drummer right out of the womb but,as soon as i started bass,he dove right in too.........then the obvious came.......only guitar players get the chicks right.ahhahha

so yeah,I taught him what I had to offer on all three instruments ,and he is just a sponge so he picked up easy,he researched Utube vids and tabs and all that.......then one day he asks how to use the studio gear.....I showed him once man..once.

so he's all over the studio now,movin' mics and all.......and as for a BF3 session.I'd love to have him come sit in as we all rotate on dif instruments for dif tunes...he'd fit right in

and hell yeah.........PROUD FREAKIN' GUY RIGHT HERE BABY............

thanks grump

• Like Like x 2
  14. Only my youngest has inherited the passion. She plays guitar, ukulele, cajon and drums. I know your pride, brother.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fly

Fly music is the answer

feels damn good don't it grump?

:D

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Holy heck!
    The progeny rises!
    I've been meaning to jump back over here and listen to some of your tunes, Fly. I did listen to grumpyolddude so far and he was awesome. Now I still need to listen to more stuff.
    It's big fun working through this thread so keep it coming, please!
    --- merged: Feb 1, 2012 11:02 PM ---
    Your daughter sounds amazing grumpyolddude! Like her old man. ;)
    So cool when they catch the bug!
    --- merged: Feb 1, 2012 11:06 PM ---
    And thanks so much for sharing your video.
    You guys are good!
    Ever gonna play 'round the Chicago area?

• Like Like x 1
  17. We're angling for a slot at International Pop Overthrow in Chicago again this year. Had fun at the Red Line Tap and got to spend some time with amonkie last April. A little Fangirl action would make a great trip out of it!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Oh, that would be so exciting! Nothing more fun than this:

International Pop Overthrow (or IPO, as it has affectionately become known) is a pop music festival which has been held for the past fourteen years in Los Angeles. We have also held IPO for various years in Chicago, New York, Boston, San Diego, Phoenix, Detroit, Milwaukee, Portland, Seattle, Austin, Dallas, Vancouver, and Toronto, as well as in Liverpool (at the world famous Cavern Club), and London, UK! We are greatly looking forward to all of the IPO shows in 2012!​

The dates and locations of the IPO festivals in 2012 are as follows (subject to change):

San Diego: .......................February 17-19

Phoenix: ................................March 2 & 3

Detroit: ....................................April 12-14
    Chicago: ..................................April 19-28

Milwaukee:....................................May 3-5

Liverpool: .................................May 15-22

London:.....................................May 25-27

Los Angeles: .................July 27 -August 5

San Francisco:....................... August 8-11
    Portland: ...............................August 15-18

Seattle: .................................August 22-25

Vancouver:...... August 28 - September 1

Austin.............................September 28-30

Dallas.......................................October 4-6

New York: ...............November Dates TBA

Boston: ..................November Dates TBA
    Toronto:...................November Dates TBA

Each International Pop Overthrow features between 25-180 of the best pop bands from around the world.​

19. We've played IPO in Detroit (4 times, counting this year), New York, Liverpool and Chicago. Lot's of fun!

20. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

OMG! I'm totally gobsmacked. That is so great!