1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Concert

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by grumpyolddude, Sep 12, 2011.

1. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

I've got you on the calendar for this year again!! I don't live quite as close as I did last time, but I've moved to Chicago's South side right in the heart of the Blues district. You are more than welcome to visit!

2. Fly

Fly music is the answer

• Like Like x 1
  3. Saw this on your FB, Fly. Listening through crappy laptop speakers doesn't do it justice. Gotta find where QW hid my headphones.
    --- merged: Mar 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM ---
    Life delivers crappy timing. I'm opening a new store April 16th and running out of town the following weeks feels irresponsible. We won't be making it to the Chicago IPO this year, but we're definitely trying to set something up in the area.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Fly

Fly music is the answer

yeah.would love your take on the mix man.....no worries on the goofy riff but......the mix

5. Fly

Fly music is the answer

6. Fly

Fly music is the answer

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hi, Fly

That works nicely. I listened to the whole piece, bacause, as you mentioned, it was a case of mixing it in, and I was excited to hear how you were going to fit it with context. You've sure gone for setting the groove and then exploring it. Also, a gentle addition of energy all the way through - like a crescendo, but a crescendo of 'groove' rather than of mere volume. I like the way you left space throughout which, of course, I did not notice as space UNTIL that harp came in and 'took' the 'place' you had made for it.

Now you said 'still in the works' ... so you've got me all curious: Where are you going to take it, what are your next steps with it?

Respect and all the best :)

8. Fly

Fly music is the answer

thanks a lot man.appreciated.......

still tryin' to do a vocal.....I sound like two cats fornicating in the back alley eh so......we'll see if I man up to that task.......and I still hear a banjo......maybe right in the middle,2nd verse,not sure yet....

this is all "D".........that's it man,one note,I just chase D with the guitars and basses.....stoopid easy,and to think,I was just tryin' out my new mics and pulled a 20 year old riff out......the intro,and here it sits.

hahhahaha.....I love it.many thanks for at least having a listen Zen......appreciate the feedback,it helps all through.

cheers

9. Fly

Fly music is the answer

just a bump for some nasty/dirty 'ol blues riffs........

love it Zen

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fly

Fly music is the answer

• Like Like x 2
  11. Covers by Andrew Siemen on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This is the part of my soundcloud that I use for cover songs. There's a Nirvana cover, a Foo Fighters cover, a Coheed & Cambria cover, and a cover of a local band from my hometown.

Screamy music is screamy, and also really badly produced. Most of these songs were thrown together in the same day.

Also, I have a voice that could best be described as "high tenor/low alto" so singing some songs presents a challenge, especially when trying to add some "grit" to the sound.

12. aabbccbbaa2

aabbccbbaa2 Vertical

enjoyed the covers Andrew!

13. Fly

Fly music is the answer

14. Video from a local cable show we taped back in April. It finally made it to air this month, and YouTube just now. Hope you enjoy!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Wow, really nice video and the recording is A1!

16. bow35

bow35 Vertical

I have made a studio out of my study. I have an old microphone atached to a mop. I enjoy singing. And I have the ambition to make harmonious music (acapela) Melodies come to my mind and I sing. While singing I think of the next step (or I'm completly absorbed by the music i sing) My inspiration is native music of all kinds and I whould like to be a proof of that one can be native even if one is a middle clas Swede. Maybe the reson why I don't say much about my music is that the music I make is (still) on a subconscious level. In hope that is an acceptable introduction.

Saturday by bow35 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

• Like Like x 1
  17. bow35

bow35 Vertical

18. bow35

bow35 Vertical

19. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

• Like Like x 1