1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Health Club

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mister Coaster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

^^^^Never too late to make positive changes. Good for you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Husband was feeling sleepy. I said, let's go work out. But I'm so sleepy, he said. Well, he went anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I think it's great when couples work out together. Maybe one day when she's finished her treatments, my woman will go to the gym with me again.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

We do yoga three times a week together. It's awesome and hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  5. snowy

I can't do yoga with my husband. He's a total n00b, and I spend more time laughing that I do actually being helpful. Then, when I try to explain some of the stuff that makes yoga work better (like 'grounding' your feet), he looks at me as if I'm the crazy one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I love when he gets "sassy bottom" and I get to call him out since he's finally learned to tuck his tailbone properly and now it's just a matter of remembering. I get the giggles. And, he can finally see that I AM flexible, dammit. Ha ha ha.

7. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

my work out is on my property, clearing trees and leaves, as of late..snow and Ice. I get a very good combination of healthy activity that has the added benefit of home improvement. I hate the gyms.

• Like Like x 1
  8. snowy

My gym is pretty nice. Very low pressure. Few meatheads. Mostly it's filled with older people trying to get fit or maintain being fit. There are some women in their fifties there that are sheer inspiration. Across the street, there is a cherry tree in blossom and I love looking at it while I am on the elliptical.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I hate gyms also. Even when there's a bunch of lovely ladies, I would rather just be able to work out without having to wait on people who have no idea how to use the equipment and no sense of responsibility of putting equipment back the way it was when they got to it. No wiping down sweaty benches and leaving weight on the bars, or not putting it back where they got it, makes me slightly psychotic... And eff all the January/February New Year's Resolution dipsticks. Just go ahead and quit already, you know you're going to...

I'm a bitter, bitter man.

Good news is I'm buying a house, should be done by July, and I'm going to buy my own equipment again. Squat rack, bench, and about 500 lbs of weight should do. And maybe a cardio machine of some sort.

• Like Like x 1
  10. snowy

I won week 1 by a tenth of a percentage point!!! So much for men losing more weight initially.

• Like Like x 2
  11. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I'm over 50 and am in good health just over weight, from what my insurance carrier wants, and I still feel the old fashioned staying busy is the best exercise. @cayvmann I am happy for you, buying your own home. I love mine and it's just a double wide in the sticks of OK

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I'm catching up. I'll be 48 in June.

13. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

I can hate the gym, but I love the gym. I want it full of "meat heads", I want it to be full of people just a bit to a lot better than I am physically. I get my headphones on and I get in the zone.

Then when I see someone curling 60 in the squat rack when I need it, I want a home gym very badly.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

^^^ Yep, I'm a member of a gym with at least a football field's size inside and only two squat racks, and there's always somebody who wants to do curls in the rack, or better yet drag dumbells from all the way across the gym to the squat rack to do dumb bell exercises in the squat rack's mirror. I say get rid of the mirrors and you'd have a lot less dipshittery. I go to the gym to work, not primp

• Like Like x 1
  15. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

It's mentally and physically exhausting to battle—or resign myself to sit and wait for—the pencil leg meatheads obsessively bench pressing in my gym's one squat rack when everything I need to be doing that day relies either on the single Olympic bar we have, the rack itself, or both. Maybe I should switch gyms, but I've got a good thing going there otherwise and don't want to lose that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. snowy

I won week 2!!! This week I am leading by 1.1% lost. w00t w00t.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Holeeeeeeeeeeeee Crap, last night I was lucky to walk up to the squat racks and find one empty. They were full up until I got there and then there was a line of people waiting to get on them the whole time I was working out. It didn't help that the other rack had what I call a 'camper'. He just took the rack and did everything he could think of while there. It takes me about 45 mins to get through my squat workout (because I'm old and do a crap-ton of sets), but this guy was there when I got there and there after I left. He did overhead presses, then curls, then he pulled the bar to the floor to do deads. All of these exercises can be done elsewhere... I gotta move to a serious gym, or get my own.

18. omega

omega Very Tilted

On the third day of using my fitness pal to track my calories.

• Like Like x 1
  19. snowy

If you or anyone else on here wants to be buds on there, I'm orsnowy.

20. Azharen

Azharen Getting Tilted

I seriously need to get back into some kind health routine. Maybe I'll do WW again?