1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Health Club

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mister Coaster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I'm doing keto-lite (my body finds fat very filling, so it works well for me) and exercising like a mofo. No weightlifting yet as I'm still waiting for the okay.

2. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Oddly, I'm am Cayvmann on fitness pal...
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2015 at 7:03 PM ---

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
  3. omega

omega Very Tilted

So a few more days into my fitness pal. I set it at sedentary for the work, because my job really is. Being a trooper is terribly unhealthy. I set my goal at 1 lb per week, not including any exercise. I figure the exercise is separate, and will get me results faster if I'm not plugging that back in. Plus it's not easy to really quantify the calories burned. So my goal is 2050 calories a day. Thus far I have been over that every day. One day 340 over, another day 500. But most days have been close. And that's again not counting the exercise. I'm not looking at macros or blocks, just looking at more proteins and lower calories. But when it's 11:30 at night,and no place is open,you grab a snickers 2 go and your diet dr pepper at the 7-11. But I am seeing results in weight loss.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I'm on hiatus until full Spring and getting up to speed at the new gig.

But I'm better than I was.
    Looking forward to riding my bike again.

Just trying to keep my portions in reason.
    God, I love seconds. :rolleyes:

5. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Sunday I finally squatted 425 for five without the bar slipping and hurting my arms. If I can keep this up I might be able to lift my age times 10 (480) on my birthday in June.

6. For all you complaining about the gym and a power rack why not buy one and a bar and weights and do it at home? Ideally I'd like to do that because even though it's a chunk of change in front it's still going to save money in the long run on gym membership of that's all you use and no waiting or people bothering you.

7. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

^^^ that is the plan, once I move back into a house. This summer I start shopping for racks and weights

8. snowy

I've been hitting the gym for a month now. I feel so much better!

Upshot for hubby:
    [​IMG]

9. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I'm still contemplating adding a fourth training day: Thursday's Gongkwon Yusul class (a.k.a. "grappling and sweating").

It's a different kind of conditioning, and it will bring me to a high level of training, both exercise-wise and technique-wise.

It's also difficult to resist the lure, as people keep encouraging me to go.

I'm going this week because I'm missing my regular Wednesday classes.

I'll make my decision then.

10. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Stupid heel has been swollen for over a week (heel spur, old injury). Even if I just hit some upper body machines, I've got to get to the gym tomorrow.

11. snowy

Yeeeah, baby! Guess who fit into two pairs of size 10 pants from different manufacturers this morning? This girl. I'm 10 lbs down overall, but I think I'm slimming down more than my weight alone would suggest, so I've started taking my measurements. I'm also happy that my BP is down.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Baraka_Guru

I've signed up for the Spartan Race in Toronto in mid July (Spartan Race – Obstacle Course Races). I have 16 weeks to get myself into some kind of shape to avoid making an absolute fool of myself in the mud. Though I'm getting lots of support from my martial arts school because a bunch of us are running as a team. In other words, lots of our training will be together, and it will be geared towards this event.

Still... What the fuck am I doing, right? :eek:

(I'm doing the Spartan Super, if you're curious. It's the one that's 13 km/8 miles.)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. snowy

You've got this.

I need to sign up for a mud run this summer. One of the big ones is going to be in the next town over, so I should probably sign up for that one. Plus, it's fun!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Had an apple and a banana for breakfast, then coffee.
    For lunch I had a big tossed salad with blue cheese and bacon bits
    Dinner was hamburger veggie soup.

Sure there was some snacking, but I'm trying to up my veg/fruit intake.

Also worked out for 1.5 hours, and now I'm gonna shower and sleep.

15. I remember I started this thread years ago in one of the previous versions of this site!

I've joined a gym a couple of weeks ago. Still slowly getting into shape and aching like hell for 1 or 2 days after each session, but aching isnt always bad - it kind of feels like progress in a way.

I lost a lot of weight after I got diagnosed as diabetic (from 340 lbs at my worst to about 255 now) and I think I got to a point that I wasnt going to lose much more weight through a simply "normal" diet and not drinking alcohol. I guess my healthy weight would be 180 to 190. I've set myself a year to get to 200 lbs and then see where it goes from there.

• Like Like x 2
  16. snowy

Hubs grabbed the backs of my thighs the other night, and immediately went, "Whoa! You're getting a lot of muscle here!"

Guess that elliptical is good for something.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Eating a large salad at lunch is a lot of work. Trying to eat one everyday. I think my jaw muscles are gonna pop out of my head soon. Kale and cabbage, not lettuce, btw.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Ha ha, I had the same thought when I went paleo. One of my coworkers at the time said "That sounds like a whole lotta chewing" in her deep-Louisiana accent. I told her I was burning extra calories by chewing. She was skeptical. Heh.

• Like Like x 4
  19. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

Is anybody familiar with gada training? I read about it, immediately became fascinated, and tried it for the first time tonight. I heard that a sledgehammer is okay, but you really want something with more of a cylindrical handle & a weight designed to cast its mass in any direction rather than a more linear direction like the hammer. So I used a square headed tamper.
    In short order, it effectively and efficiently kicked my ass.
    I'm going to buy a real mace or build my own so I don't have to keep using lawn tools.
    I've already taken a rather heinous 'before' picture. Once I see appreciable results, I'll put up an 'after'.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Baraka_Guru

I guess my femoral patella syndrome isn't going to let me get away with inadequate stretching anymore.

Just as well. I've been meaning to start a yoga routine in the mornings. I'll start with some basic leg stretches first. I'm not very flexible, and this is where I have the most problems.

I've already noticed improvement after two sessions of stretching.

The good thing about yoga is that it will integrate conditioning with stretching, and will include my whole body.

I'm wondering if my femoral-patella issues flaring up is a result of imbalanced quad development combined with flexibility issues.

We'll see.