1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Health Club

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mister Coaster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Hubs is doing yoga and crossfit and his flexibility is ridiculous. They guy in Louisiana at the box where I did yoga passed everyone in his age group after 4 or 5 once a week classes for an hour. I think integrating it with more intense workouts makes a huge difference.

Edits because Holy freaking reformatted autocorrect, batman!

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Why does the auto tag thing automatically link Bruce Wayne's alter ego with Walmart - "Profit comes first, second, and third"?

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I have had great results in increased flexibility and faster recovery thanks to dynamic leg stretching before my workout.

4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I need to stick around for 5 or 10 minutes after martial arts class to stretch out at the very least. Being that warm is a great time to do it. I don't know why I don't stretch more.

5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Pigeon and Lizard are amazing for the hip flexors. Lift the back leg into Mermaid or whatever the other one is called and you add in quad and knees with protection of that joint. Just saying...

6. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Haglund's deformity. Mostly women get it, so therefore I get it too. Heel bump is swelling my achilles painfully. Might need to have it shaved.

Working on three weeks out of the gym. First I got sick for a week, then decided two weeks of detraining was in order, now my heel is swollen. Woot

7. snowy

I'm down over 10 lbs with clothes on the doctor's scale since February AND I gained half an inch in height! Guess my kyphosis exercises are working!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I got choked out pretty good tonight. This guy has arms like JCVD.

• Like Like x 1
  9. snowy

Kinky.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

My weight's OK, but I'd love to gain some height.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. snowy

I can't express how awesome it feels to have your doctor tell you how healthy you are, especially when the feedback from other parties is less than kind. I feel redeemed, and it's nice to know what I'm doing works for me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

For the last six weeks, I have been doing 60+ minutes nonstop on the treadmill about three days a week -- every other day or every third day (usually Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday).

In early April, I started with 3.5 mph and zero incline, and have steadily increased it over time. Now, for most of the hour, I'm doing 4.3 mph and 1.0 incline. After 45 minutes, I gradually increase the speed and incline, getting my heart rate up to around 150. Then, for the last five minutes, I do the automatic cool down, which reduces the incline (immediately) and speed (gradually).

The one major effect I have noticed is on my rest pulse, which has dropped from the mid 70s (at least) to the mid 50s.

• Like Like x 2
  13. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I've been slacking lately. It's so hard to be consistent. Life likes to get in the way.

I try to be active every day whether I work out or not. Today I did 3 sets of 10 pushups and 3 sets of 15 leg lifts, then 20 minutes on the stationary bike. It's all about easing myself back into it.

Having a dog around does wonders for my sleeping though, oddly enough. She's got to go out to pee around 7 every morning, so no sleeping in when she's here. And as a direct consequence I go to bed earlier. She also ensures I go on at least one good long walk every day, since if she doesn't get enough exercise she tends to get a little crazy. I didn't want an energetic dog but here we are.

14. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

[​IMG]

Bisexuality FTW.

• Like Like x 2
  15. snowy

After a difficult weekend around body obsessives, I've adopted a new approach of listing off my cut muscles, though they are few: calves, quads, and my tiny brachialis.

16. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Started running again; C25K, here we go!

17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I hate air squats. My quads are weak, but my stupid high arches fuck everything up.

18. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

This thread is on the second page. I can only assume you're all slackers. Pick up the slack!

I did planks and push ups today. Walking the dog was the extent of my cardio, but it's better than sitting on the couch.

Tomorrow is Canada day, so it's a holiday here. I think a trip to the off leash park is in order. We could both do with some running around.

19. snowy

I've been sick, so I haven't worked out in a week and a half. :(

20. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

@Baraka_Guru,

DL 1RM 365.

*hip thrust*

• Like Like x 1