1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Health Club

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mister Coaster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

*leaping chest bump*

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I got lost somewhere around the hip thrust.

3. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

I too have that "WTF am I doing?" feeling right now.. I signed up for the "Tough Viking" race in Stockholm in the end of August. I guess it's the northern variant of the Spartan, as it's also by Reebok.
    I have two months, and I'm kinda freaking out about it. I'm strong enough, but i can't run very far.

...and this race is 15km/9,3miles.

It's gonna suck so bad, but it's a great motivator!

4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

You've heard of Stupid Pet Tricks, right?
    We've moved on to Stupid Guy Tricks:rolleyes:

5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Don't let that stop you and @snowy from doing a heaping chest clump.... ;)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Ooooooh!:D The First Annual TFP Charity Quadra Boob-jack?:p
    --- merged: Jul 2, 2015 at 9:23 PM ---
    Ooooooh!:D The First Annual TFP Charity Quadra Boob-jack?:p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  7. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I'm still sticking with body weight exercises. I don't know what my 1RM on anything is.

I did inverted rows for the first time last night. My entire upper back is achey in that way that it does when you do a new movement. Good stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  8. martian

I ordered a new chinup bar, one of the extendable ones that go in the doorframe. I have one of the other ones that hang off the top but I needed something I could mount lower so I could do inverted rows without having to hang off my desk (though that does work).

I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight.

9. snowy

I miss having muscle aches due to DOMS instead of illness :( I don't know when I'm going to get back to the gym. I'm going to start with a long walk today, do some hiking this weekend, and ease into biking next week. My hope is that starting slow will help my body heal, since it really did not like the prednisone.

10. martian

Prednisone is terribad.

Easing into things is generally a good plan.

11. snowy

My shoulders and arms hurt for no fucking reason, and I want to eat everything that isn't nailed down. :( Like, my skin hurts. It's WEIRD. I can't wait for the side effects to go away completely, but it's been really slow so far.

12. martian

It might take a while. Depends on how long you were on it and how fast your taper was. I've had side effects for months after a course of pred.

13. snowy

9 days--3 days of 60mg, 3 days of 40, 3 days of 20, finished up Tuesday. It's made this week a rough week.

14. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I can't take prednisone... It makes me feel like my hips are being pulled out of their sockets. Everything hurts, even my hair and skin and teeth. I totally feel you. The last round was about 10 years ago and I couldn't walk comfortably for a week afterwards and had lingering effects for about a month and a half. Hang in there and don't push it too hard!

• Like Like x 1
  15. snowy

Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot, especially since the prednisone has totally fucked with my head too :(

16. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I go homicidal and then into serious depression. It's terrible.

17. martian

18. martian

Today I incorporated wall sits into my workout.

I love how whenever I start to feel like I'm pretty fit and making good progress I come across a new exercise to try that totally kicks my ass and blows that perception out of the water.

Such is life I guess.

19. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Moved into my new house. Have received my squat cage. Still in boxes in the garage. I have to build my platform first before building the cage in the house. So much to do. Can't wait to lift at home instead of the gym. I get too many gawkers when I lift.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

To appease the woman, I have started doing her home exercise tapes with her in the morning. We're two weeks in. She's on PiYo (Pilates Yoga) and will be doing T25 next week.

I can feel the burn. It's been hella different for me to go from trying to lift heavy to all this cardio. Flexibility is coming back, though. Gotta get back into college karate Gumbyness.

Relative to this?

I mean, you're a dude.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 1