1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Health Club

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mister Coaster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

This is not a bad thing, I wouldn't mind doing this til my body gives up.

Oh I know, I don't expect easy. My friend is an assistant instructor and he was impressed with my form. For a beginning, I don't suck.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

/Kung Fu Hobbit

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

4. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Wanted to let you know that I thought of your post this weekend...we were on the 9th floor, which was a little more than I wanted to tackle going up...but because you'd mentioned how great walking down is (which I would not have considered), I took the stairs down on all but the last day. My calves were whimpering the first day, but after that, it felt pretty darn great. So, thanks!

And now, a cross-post from faceyspace:

FitBit is telling me I walked 42.32 miles during Con. If I get mathy and use 2,000 steps per mile, I come up with 52.35 miles. (I suppose I could get mathier and measure my own stride and calculate from there...hmm, might do that later.)

Either way...I walked a lot! And being ~30 pounds lighter made such a HUGE difference. Not only did I not hurt as much, I had an easier time making crosswalks when the signal changed and I was 30 feet back; I could maneuver through the dealers room with more ease (though this can also be attributed to a bigger space, there were a few times when the crowd clumped around a booth, and I was able to squeeze past without any issues); I was able to take the stairs without feeling like I was going to pass out, and so took them more often--which means I got places faster. Heck, I *walked* faster. I can't wait to see how I feel next year!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

On Saturday, I put my abs through 300 reps of various exercises (in addition to my usual two hours of martial arts training). I've almost recovered. I should be ready for Monday night's two and a half hours....

In other news, according to my new meal plan, if I follow my set guidelines for eating six times a day, I will be able to eliminate my protein powder supplement.

6. omega

omega Very Tilted

I haven't worked out pretty much at all for at least a year. Sometimes haphazardly for a week. I have jumped back in it the past two weeks and have gained 8 lbs. I keep telling myself I'm just rebuilding muscle.

7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Time for yoga. Fecking early. But, it's a must do thing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Work stereotypes be damned!

• Like Like x 1
  9. omega

omega Very Tilted

Harsh!

10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Hey, I'm a prime example.

#WhiskeyInTheMorning
    #HitEverythingWithTheMoneyHammer
    #LiveInGirlfriendBadTattoosLoudMotorcycle

It's fall, amigos... you know what that means? Running. Lots of running. Tedious iterations of short distance running.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  11. CinnamonGirl

Eden said he'd run a 5k with me in December, and another friend of ours expressed an interest as well. Looks like I'm going to start running again!

12. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Do you live down the street from me?;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lordeden

Today was the start of my new workout regiment. M/W/F strength training and T/Th martial arts. I want to finish off what fat I have left and build muscle.

I signed up to march with the Spartan 300 ground in the Dragoncon Parade. I have a new tangible goal. I will get cut and bulk up.

I have my macros written down and I'll start hitting them when I lose the last part of my body fat

I am super pumped about doing this, I can't wait to get into the best shape of my life.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  14. CinnamonGirl

Eden is bulking. I'm cutting.

The kitchen is a battlefield.

• Like Like x 3
  15. omega

omega Very Tilted

I don't believe that dragon con could actually get 300 men in good enough shape to pull that off. Maybe if they hired some extras.

16. CinnamonGirl

There are a lot of hotties there, male and female. Alternatively, 70,000 people showed up this year. 300 is such a small percentage of the total.

17. Lordeden

300 is the name of the movie, not how many people are in the group. 15-20 people march, but they are getting 50 passes to walk this year.

You could also say that about any group of people. You take a sampling of any service field, job or hobby group; you wouldn't find that many people in peak physical shape.

18. CinnamonGirl

haha, maybe I just keep seeing the same 20 guys all weekend, then.

For the record: DragonCon Spartans

Considering adding a leather corset or bandeau and being a lady warrior (historical inaccuracy not withstanding.) I guess it depends on whether I join the gym next month or not.

19. omega

omega Very Tilted

Harumph. I have seen the movie, it would be more impressive if Leonidas was leading a larger cohort than 20.

Back in my day, you had to be committed to be a nerd. There wasn't any popularity to it. It's easy to be a nerd now. My girlfriend's son can wear star wars shirts every day and not get teased or bullied. People can wear D&D dice shirts with impunity. It takes away some of the cachet, some of the specialness. I'll stay in the closet. I earned it.

You only had two sports if you were a nerd. Cross country, and swimming. That was it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CinnamonGirl

So, fun little thing I've been talking about on faceyspace, but I don't think I've mentioned here...

I stumbled across this site a few months ago. It was originally a virtual walking challenge from Bag End to Rivendell, and then more landmarks and distances were eventually added. I had recently gotten a Fitbit, and I thought, hey, wouldn't it be cool to walk to Mount Doom and back? (of course it would.)

I've walked (with a bit of running) just over 746 miles so far. Slowed down a bit lately, only 3 miles a day instead of 9 or 10...but I'll be picking back up soon. Anyway, I've gone past Rivendell, and I'm about 52 virtual miles from the Doors of Moria right now.

[​IMG]

This is hugely entertaining to me. I don't think I'll make Mount Doom by Christmas, but I'll be fairly close.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 3