1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Health Club

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mister Coaster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Several workouts at PF, since my heel spurs are causing much pain. My bench (done at home is going strong) did 320x10 365x3 and 315x9 this weekend. I hope to start squatting with my new lifting shoes today. Probably light at first, then see how the heel handles it.

2. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Did some body weight squats in the new shoes the other day. Will try with weight today or tomorrow. I have gone to the gym this week 3 times, yay.

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Heart doc gave the ticker 2 thumbs up after stress test. :)

Did a nice work-out the other day, starting with a good open run.

Can't wait for the pool to open. :cool:

4. omega

omega Very Tilted

A protein shake at night to wash down my zinc and magnesium and resting now in postcoital bliss. If that doesn't raise my resting testosterone levels then I don't know what will.

5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I got my blue belt in hapkido on Saturday. I tested after an hour-long class. The test itself was a non-stop solid hour. After all that kicking, throwing, grappling, etc., my legs were so sore that night that I refrained from sitting or crouching because it hurt too much to get up again. It was good timing though: We had our spring party at the school that night. So all I did was chat, laugh, eat, and drink. #feltlikelegday #somanywings #pakorapalooza #deathbychocolate

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

^^^Congrats on the belt, dude. I know enough about MA to know that it's hard work. And you need knees for it, lol

Benching went good last night after my cardio. Hopefully load the bar and squat some tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  7. omega

omega Very Tilted

Chest and back yesterday, legs today. Sore and wiped out. Hard to focus at work when I have pushed myself. Did dips for chest yesterday, haven't done those for years. So I'm feeling my chest. Oh well, pushing myself is what is leading to progression.

8. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Congrats on your achievement! You look awsomely hawt,:p and rightfully well pleased with yourself.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I started C25K this morning.
    I'm not dead, but that shit sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. omega

omega Very Tilted

Four days of weights this week. Sunday chest and back. Monday legs. Tuesday shoulders and arms. Today starting over at chest and back. Good workout overall. Still enjoying working out. Still pushing hard.

11. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I've only worked out a couple of days this week. Interruptions via life. I'll be at the house alone tonight so probably do a full body routine and pass out. Hopefully the dog won't get in the way. Maybe cardio tomorrow before I have to go to my Dad's for his b-day celebration

12. omega

omega Very Tilted

Last leg workout I squatted 245x 15 and 12, and then did a bunch of other stuff. This time 255x 15 and 12. Looking forward to doing 275x15 in a couple weeks. This workout my bunch of other stuff included a couple sets of hack squats which I haven't done in 22 years. Now my left knee feels fucked. Which reminds me why I haven't done hack squats in 22 years. Fuck.

• Like Like x 1
  13. omega

omega Very Tilted

I benched press 265x4, which calculates out to a theoretical max of 295-300. Not too shabby.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FYI: May is National Physical Fitness Month.

15. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I'm detraining. Not by design, but I'll use it. I intend to start a 20 rep squat routine for a couple of months. It's a tough workout, hope I can take it.

16. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Well, I broke 190 lbs. for the first time ever. The gain most certainly isn't mostly muscle. I've been hovering around 185 lbs. for a while, but I haven't been able to do much to get back down to 175 lbs. since I've been on my meds. I plan on being off the meds by mid June. At that point I'll be training for the Mud Hero race in August. It will be much easier for me to shed deadweight by then.

For reference, my doctor once told me to try not to go above 18o lbs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. omega

omega Very Tilted

Barbell standing overhead press, 135x6x3. Good shoulder strength.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Squatted for reals on Wednesday. First weighted session in over a month. Ended session with a conservative, and fairly easy, set of 315 for 5. Then did some Romainian deads 5 sets of 10 with 135. Felt pretty good.

19. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I went to the doc today for a regular physical. Weighed in at 107, clothed but w/o shoes. Blood pressure 102/60, resting heart rate 64. Fasting (until 2pm) for a blood draw for blood analysis and peed in the cup as well.

My heart arrhythmia didn't show up at all while I was there. I left a copy of my somewhat incomplete food diary for the doc's comments. I'll get my lab results in a couple of days and see how my low carb high fat diet effects my lipids.

I also managed a successful deadlift of Wednesday's New York Times off of the floor and on to the table in the waiting room.:rolleyes: I have to say I'm glad I'm not a paperboy in NYC.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

In October, I used to drive to work. In November, I moved offices to one I cycle or walk to (one mile).

I bought myself a fitbit to take a look at some data before the move, and after six months, my resting heart rate has fallen from almost eighty to just over sixty, my weight from about 135kg to just touching 108kg, and my BMI at the weekend fell to *technically* overweight rather than obese.

So I now need to get below 100kg.

• Like Like x 3