1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Health Club

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mister Coaster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I've done something to my knee. And I'm not happy about it. I can walk over three miles with no pain, but ask me to cross my leg or lift it up put on a pants leg, and flames shoot up and down my leg. From what I can research, I've tweaked my MCL. It's not ruptured or torn or I wouldn't be able to walk. Only tx is rest, a brace, and ice. Fuck that. It feels tons better after I walk. I'm not stopping. But I'm going to be more careful. No running for awhile. Which pisses me off as I was almost halfway through C25K and I'm probably going to have to start over.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

When I was a dancer I accidentally fell off the stage onto a table. One of those tables where the guys sit that are stuffing folding money into the dancers' g-strings, cleavage, or other nooks and crannies. Sounds kind of gross, but no worse than week old graham crackers.;)
    A table full of glasses, beer bottles, ash trays, etc. Amazingly, none of all that glassware broke; I didn't get a scratch, just a couple of little burns where my elbow landed in an ashtray with a couple of glowing butts in it. But, I digress... Anyway, afterwards, more embarrassed than hurt, I could walk fine and put weight on my knee and walk or run, but like yours, it couldn't take extension. Imagine lifting your leg, like you're trying to pull your foot out of sticky mud. Absolutely excruciating. It eventually got better and is fine now. The only lasting effect is that I can't tilt my head very far to the left.

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Sometimes you just have to say enough...
    I'm taking a week off to recover after my vacation.

I'll get back to working out after a vacation from my vacation.

4. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Gonna try cardio for a week then start back with light weights. Meant to do it earlier, but my ego couldn't stand the light weights. Shut up Ego

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

So this week I hit 95kg.

A year ago I was 135kg.

With my height (6' 3") I was "highly obese", and I'm now "overweight".

If I can drop 5kg, I'll be just inside "healthy".

I'm pretty sure the scales read light by maybe as much as 3kg, but they're the same ones I've used for the whole time, so the loss is right, even if the score is wrong.

• Like Like x 5
  6. omega

omega Very Tilted

So I was texting my girlfriend while I was working out yesterday that I was really going to focus on lighter weights, higher volume and repetitions. Really burn out for a bunch of workouts. Today squats feel so good that I do 365x5 for a set. Oh well. At least everything else was lighter and higher reps with shorter rest periods. Still trying to train for more of a pump.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rogue49

3 days on, 2 days off
    a nice way to get back into it after a 3 week hiatus (before during after vacation) :)

Although, I gotta wonder about that hot young red-head that was bumping & griding in front of me while I was working out the other night.
    Even though she was pointedly ignoring me while talking with her friends, it's obvious she was showing off.
    A compliment for this old guy, but I don't play games...you want me, you tell me. straight-up.
    No coy for this boy. ;)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  8. omega

omega Very Tilted

Since my girlfriend is out of town, and her kids and my kids are gone, I had time to do a double split workout. Instead of one long hard workout of chest and back, I did chest in the morning and back in the afternoon. Each workout was a little over half an hour, but that was still 12 sets of chest and about 14 sets of back, plus 4 sets of bicep curls. Good strength and focus for both workouts, though I'm tired now. Legs as a single workout tomorrow, then Tuesday is my other day off so that will be shoulders in the morning, arms in the afternoon. Looking forward to the intense focus and numb feeling in my brain that keeps the demons at bay.

9. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Trying to take it easy for a short period. My shoulder and my knees are hating me. I must remember that I cannot do dips or leg extensions, or I will face the terrible consequences.

Shoulder rehab started and have been off of leg extensions for a couple of weeks. Cardio is still on board, and light weight work.

10. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

It's been slow, but I just weiged myself at 94kg. This is the lowest number for my weight that I can remember in over 30 years.

At that time, I used to do more regular structured exercise, so I was slimmer, but I'm still pretty impressed with myself!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Hubs eased me into training last night.
    400m run
    25 jumping jacks
    10 air squats
    3 x 10 kettle bell swings @10lbs
    30s navasana
    3 x 10 lunges
    3 x 10 bicep curls @10 lbs
    3 x 10 oblique somethings setting the kettle bell on the floor on each side with legs in navasana @8lbs
    3 x 10 tricep thingies with the 10lb dumbells

Not a bad start. I did get stuck in my sports bra and hubs had to help me out of it, ha ha ha.

12. omega

omega Very Tilted

I am transitioning. Not that way, dammit. I am mentally transitioning from thinking of myself as a guy who lifts weights to thinking of myself as a bodybuilder. So I'm now more focused on accruing muscle as opposed to getting stronger. I think a lot more about working out and am starting to put more emphasis on my diet as well. Workouts are getting longer and with more focus on volume. I have even started adding cardio. I have started taking preworkout supplements to try to push myself harder. The stimulant typically comes from a couple hundred mgs of caffeine. But they often contain citrulline and beta alanine. Beta alanine is supposed to improve muscular endurance and reduce fatigue. So I have been taking that. I feel like it might be helping slightly, but it's hard to tell. I could just be getting stronger anyways. My weight has been staying consistent, but I can see my muscles changing under the veneer of lard. Veins have actually been pushed to the surface in a few spots. I did a bodybuilding show 19 years ago and I am thinking of doing one next year. It is giving me motivation by keeping it in the back of my mind. Now I don't really think I will be competitive because I am not willing to take steroids. But it is still amusing, at least right now. And it's nice knowing that I am pretty damn strong.

13. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I'm going to join a different gym so I can work out. I've got weights at home, but the dog distracts me too much to do any hard work. PF is good for cardio machines, but not much else. I'm physically bored...

14. rogue49

Just really started again after a 2 month on & off basis.
    Between prepping and recovering from vacation and family, etc...these last two have done "damage" (gained 10 lbs - fortunately, no one's noticed and but that's not why I do it...avoiding those damned genetic heart attacks...that's why)

But time for some consistency again.
    Actually, it feels good...my body is starting to feel "norm" again.

• Like Like x 1
  15. omega

omega Very Tilted

[​IMG]
    It has become more difficult to find shirts that fit. That was a fitted Tommy hilfiger, 18 neck and 34/35 sleeves. It fit in the waist, almost in the chest, but no way in the shoulders or arms. An 18.5 might have worked, including being able to button the collar, but they didn't carry a fitted 18.5. Oh well, need to drop 15-20 lbs so I can fit in normal clothes. A traditional cut shirt blouses around my midsection, I can't tuck that much material into my back.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Hubs has found a couple of brands that have a more "athletic fit" e.g. Bigger in the biceps and across the upper chest/back, tapered in the waist area. Otherwise he looks like he's wearing a dress.

17. omega

omega Very Tilted

I used to be able to wear fitted shirts, when I was around 230. I have gained muscle so my waist is similar, but I am definitely thicker in the arms and shoulders and neck. I will slim down a little. Chicken and rice tonight.

18. rogue49

Back to the gym today, need to wear down all that nice food I had at the Seafood Festival (too bad I can't get my cash there too...damn that adds up)

@omega you may have to purchase from their big/tall man online, where you get your clothes...the stores don't stock but often they have options on the web.
    Also you can go to bodybuilder sites and see what their favs are for formalwear.
    I have the same prob...except my arms are even longer. (Macy's is good for me, their Eagle brand)

19. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Squatted at the new gym on Sunday. Ouch today. I went up to 365 for 5 reps, but bar kept slipping down my shoulders, so just did a back off set of 315 for 10. Probably need to work on my back and shoulders to have a better rack position.

20. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry that I started that thread on "crack" (junk food). I hope y'all will forgive me.