1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Health Club

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mister Coaster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

Well, I have been the same weight give or take a couple of kg since September, but I'm not too upset about that.

I need to actually work to go down further, and given all the other stressful shit in my personal life and work, I'm not really minded to work on it, but I'm still proud of where I got.

I've recently gone from over 25 years in size XXL clothes to size XL, and that feels like a win to me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Bench is going back up, slowly. Had to widen my grip a little, apparently moved it too far in for my elbow comfort. Making an appointment with a personal trainer to see about building up some mobility. Tired of moving poorly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Kicked it up a notch like I said, been going every day.
    Did 45 minute on an "extreme" track on the bike. Quite a sweat.
    But I'm going to have to do better...
    Getting there

4. omega

omega Very Tilted

Still hitting the gym. Still playing with higher volume. Incline barbell bench press at 215, 100 lb dumbbells for ten reps of dumbbell bench press, dips for 11 at 255 lbs of bodyweight. 12 sets of chest, 12 sets of back. Been a solid year of working out. Still get excited to be there.

5. omega

omega Very Tilted

In the past year I have added a legitimate inch to my upper arm measurement. That makes me happy. In other news, my gf is an oncology nurse. Someone donated 3 kilos of glutamine powder (an amino acid, one of the most prevalent ones in the body) to her clinic, in sealed containers. Most likely a patient died and the family didn't know what to do with it. And yes, I did ask if anyone else could use it. But they cannot give it to another patient, so I get to benefit from it. It's about $120 of glutamine, almost a year's supply at 10 gms a day. Effects are probably pretty negligible on on otherwise healthy person, but it certainly cannot hurt. It will either have no effect or a slight benefit, but at no cost to me.

6. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Did my second workout of light work yesterday. Doing full body routine of 4 sets of 10 on all lifts. Lots of volume, not much effort, yet. Gonna start ramping up soon, but I'm just getting used to the routine. Trying to break some of the bad habits I've picked up lifting heavy all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

Hit two new PRs last week.

Deadlift: 300# (twice my bodyweight)
    OHP: 85#

and two weeks ago I hit Flat Bench @ 165#.

Going to go for my PR in squats this week so I can get some numbers to work off of for the rest of my bulk cycle.

• Like Like x 3
  8. rogue49

Squats tonight, which is not a fav for me. and more back legs sets...been ignoring this area too long.
    Just glad I got in...work is tapping me as I absorb a leaving staff-member's work and responsibilities. (add that to the stack....)

Been awhile since I've gone.
    Skipped before my trip so I wouldn't cramp up.
    And between sleeping on the floor (on foam) and the trip back...needed a couple of days to recover.

Need to get this winter build up weight down...my body seems to be storing it for the cold.
    Hey bod, I don't need blubber...we have modern things like heaters & coats now.
    Friggin' fighting it. :confused:

9. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Did squats and bench last night. Was supposed to do more, but I wore myself out. Out sick last week and this was my first workout since 12/5.

Squatted sets of ten 135 185 225 275 315 and a set of 8 with 365. In retrospect this was a huge jump in both volume and weight, so I have myself to blame for feeling beat up.
    Benched sets of ten 135..245 and a set of 9 with 265, followed by ten with 225 for the heck of it.

Next time I will just pick up the parts I didn't do this time: Cable rows, Romanian dead lifts, lateral raises, pull downs, and arm work.

10. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

I've just had two weeks where my average weight through the week is below 95 kg, for the first time ever. So it's slow going, but the direction of travel is correct...

• Like Like x 1
  11. omega

omega Very Tilted

I don't think I had mentioned it before, but my wrist hs been bothering me while lifting. Supinated curls especially, but also heavy bench presses has been throwing my grip off and feeling it in some other movements as well. So today I picked up some cheap wrist wraps and headed to the gym. Anecdotally, I feel they did help overall and give support to my wrist. My hope is that I will be able to wean off of them over time and get back to what I was doing before. I still took it easy on movements I needed to favor, but I didn't load up and try to push through since I had a crutch. We'll see over the next couple weeks.

12. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

^^^ wrist wraps can help reduce strain on elbows during pressing and squatting. I've been using them for a while, at least on heavy sets.

13. rogue49

Ok, the scars on my knuckles have healed, so I can now work the bag again.
    And I found my old karate gloves so I won't repeat the scene. (doesn't hurt, just unsightly and I do have to work & date)
    Unfortunately, I've got a lingering cold and I've learned not to go to work out during those time. (otherwise, it gets worse for some reason)
    So a day or two more of "cruise mode"

But I do seem to losing weight despite the holiday eats...so perhaps my body is out of hibernation/winter prep
    and will allow me to get back on track for my goals.

I'll probably burn off tons of cals with the all the dancing I plan on doing during New Years. :D
    Oh, the holiday adjustments you have to do.

And I think I'll sign up for Kung Fu the week after.
    Time for a new style.

14. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Squat's doing good. Lots of volume, very tiring. Benched 315 for 6 tonight. First night since summer that I've felt strong on the bench. I'll take it.

15. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I need to get back on the fitness train again. My diet's gone to hell since Astrid has shown up. I eat very little because I'm so busy I forget, but what I do eat is crap because I don't want to put in the time or effort to cook good food. Today I've eaten a pita. a granola bar, and a small bag of Doritos. This is not atypical. It is atrocious.

I'm also not sleeping nearly enough, but that's probably not a problem I can solve in the short term.

I feel like diving into a workout regimen right now is probably asking for trouble. But I'm very unhappy with my health and my body right now. So not sure what I'm going to do with that yet.

I've started looking at classes at the local rec centre. They have a gym and a pool. I feel like I'll be more motivated to go to a class instead of just trying to work out on my own. Something to think about, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Ftr, since losing so much weight, I can use my hips in WAY MORE FUN ways now.

*ahem*

I'll be joining the YMCA before the month ends. December (and, let's be honest, most of 2016) was strictly maintenance for me. I'm ready to lose this last 40 pounds and get all buff and shit.

• Like Like x 1
  17. martian

Hula hooping?

• Like Like x 1
  18. martian

I ate chicken and rice with sauteed veggies for dinner. So that's something.

• Like Like x 2
  19. omega

omega Very Tilted

What is lots of volume for you? I have trouble motivating myself for even 8 reps a set for squats. Volume for upper body is fine. I knocked out 16 sets for back in just over half an hour, and then another ten sets of biceps. And every time I run my best set of flat bench through a calculator, it comes out to an estimated max of 315-320.

20. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I...could probably do that better now, too. I should try that out.