1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Health Club

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mister Coaster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

This week and last week shot due to lingering cold and now...food poisoning. :rolleyes:
    Dammit...I want to work on my fitness.

2. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

For squats I'm doing many sets of 10 ramping upwards. I did 135 185 225 275 315 and 370 all for 10. Honestly it didn't feel like work until 225, but after that I was breathing heavy, after 370 I was resting on the floor for a couple of minutes. I'm trying to build up some endurance, for when I start trying to lift heavier again. I usually do that kind of progression with sets of 5, which is why 10s are so much more volume.

I was also supposed to do some rows then bench that night, but ended up doing the rows and going home.

Benching is always a lot of volume, even when I end up going heavy. It takes me a lot to warm up for bigger weights. Bigger than 315 anyway.

3. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

You're a goddamn animal, Cayvmann. Serious movement of steel, brother.

Body weight is still hovering below 180. Drinking a carton of whole milk a day just gave me a puppy pooch despite doing an hour of cardio twice a week as well as lifting heavy for three months straight, no days off.

Next trip at work I'm going to cut and work all the vanity muscles extra hard. Just call me Patrick Bateman. Got an important party to attend, there will be a lot of pool time where I must assert my faux meatheadedness.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I'm an insane old man, is what I am. Some of us naturally big (read: fat) guys sometimes wax nostalgic about when we weighed 180... One thing that might help is some good ole lazy lounging between heavy workouts. Somehow I think you have more trouble resting than busting ass, though.

Good to see you around here, btw

5. omega

omega Very Tilted

My warmup for squats is much more than it used to be. Now sometimes it's the bar for 8, then 135, 185, 225 for 8. Then 275 for 6, 315 for 6, 335-365 for 4-6 reps times a couple sets. Then a backoff set of 275 for 8-10 reps. I'll also do 8-9 sets of calves, 4 sets leg curls, maybe some stiff leg deadlifts for 3-4 sets, then 4 sets of leg extensions and then either lunges or leg press for several sets. Legs are always by themselves, too tired to do anything with them. I have gone back to a push pull leg routine. Took my first day off today after missing one day for christmas. Legs tomorrow morning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yerba

Yerba ...wait, what?

I'm doing the low carb thing these days. Have been on-and-off for the past year or so, decided with the "New Year New Me" excuse being handed to me on a silver platter that I might as well give it a properly full go.

Once I hit a certain weight I'm going to start doing P90X3 again. The reason for this is simply because the more weight I lose in the meantime the less weight I'll have to throw around once I do start working out again.

Alternatively, the "I'm a lazy prick" excuse works, too.

7. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

My pulse was too high to give blood today. Grrr. While I think the main culprit may be too much iron (short version: I thought I needed iron supplements. I didn't), this also serves as a reminder that I need to lay off the caffeine and salt, and get off my lazy ass and work out. Since I can't do the Y thing yet, looks like I'm breaking out the aerobics DVDs today.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  8. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

OK, hit 93.8kg. From 135kg a year ago.

Still 10kg to go...

• Like Like x 1
  9. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I switched to eating a 21-Day Fix style diet a couple weeks ago. Despite some cheat days (mostly beer), I've still lost 7 lbs. Also, my stomach is less mad at me. Win-win.

10. omega

omega Very Tilted

So I believe I mentioned a few weeks ago that my wrist has been bothering me and that I had started using wrists wraps. It overall has been feeling better, but my workout last week was a bit of a setback with some soreness. I did heavy bench last week and I had some soreness for the next couple days. So today I did heavy bench, partially because I wanted to and partially to see if I had irritation. The good news is that I did bench 295x3 for my heaviest set. The bad news is I'm pretty sure that is prolonging the healing process. So no heavy bench for a few weeks. It really more strokes my fragile ego anyway. I have had more pec development from fly movements the past year. Hopefully I can get that back on the road to wellville. At least easing off on direct triceps work and then carefully adding a little back in has helped get rid of my elbow pain so things are coming together.

• Like Like x 1
  11. omega

omega Very Tilted

Squatted 385x3 yesterday, a recent personal best. Or at least I haven't done that since my 20's. Was heavy, but everything felt fine. Ended up doing 7 working sets of squats, 4 back and 3 front. Also 8 sets of calves, 4 sets hamstring curls, 3 sets of stiff leg deadlifts, and 4 sets leg extensions. Today was chest, shoulders and triceps. No heavy bench, and my wrist wasn't too bad. This evening I cooked up and portioned out 3 meals of 6 oz of chicken and a cup of cooked rice. Starting to eat a little cleaner.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Saturday did RDLs on a cable machine started at 110 and went to 180 for sets of 10. Ouch, not heavy but the volume has made me sore as heck. Did cables rows and leg presses for sets of 15. Finished up with Lateral Raises on a machine and some bicep cable curls for sets of 10. Weight was secondary to volume for these. I'm trying to only lift heavy-ish on my squat and bench press day, which is today. Not looking forward to it, but gotta do it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Amend, tomorrow is squat day. Wife wanted to go to dinner, so I had to.

14. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I just started a 6-week challenge that will focus mostly on eating right and adding workouts to my current routine.

The workout right now is basically to hit my posterior chain. I've started with deadlifts, rows, and shoulder presses. I'll eventually add kettlebell swings.

I hope to get to five training days a week overall between martial arts and weight training.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Think I'll cut back the reps on my squats. Getting a little tendonitis in my ankle.

16. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Whaddya know? I'm down 5 lbs.... (I need to lose at least 14 lbs. in total.)

17. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Squats did sets of 8 up to 405, felt good. Switched to 8's because 10 reps was getting hard to get through and thought I'd give it a break. 8 reps made a major difference. Bench sets of 10 up to 275, set of 315 for 8, and ended with 225 for 19 reps.

18. omega

omega Very Tilted

You are a beast. I did 3 sets of 275x10 for squats, then 3 more sets of front squats. Also lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts, leg extensions, and seated and standing calf raises. All told, about 26 sets with higher volume and short rest periods. I worried that I didn't work hard enough, until I realized that my legs were shaky while walking. So that's something.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

That's a ton of volume. I don't think I could handle it at this point. My other workout day, I alternate, is an overall body, mostly machine centric workout, in which I do a lot of sets of 10 of as many exercises as I can do in about a hour and a half. Now to add cardio back in.... Hate cardio

20. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I've been getting up at 5am for the last three weeks to work out, M-F. It's been pretty great, actually! My doctor was happy with my blood pressure when I had a checkup this week.

• Like Like x 1