1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Health Club

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mister Coaster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Oh it did, but I watch this thread so see all (most?) of the posts too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sierra Vertical

ah! ok I understand now. Still getting used to the navigation in this place :)
    Wow though sounds like an awful ordeal to go through being so young...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. omega

omega Very Tilted

Back and biceps again. So deadlifts. Pulled 315x4, 365x3, 385x2x3. All conventional, not dump, no belt, did use wrist straps. They were hard pulls. Other than that, things were fine. "I'm just going to keep on building, and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I had one earlier this summer. I kept wondering when they would start, and the next thing it was done. Clear sailing. They don't want to see me for ten years.:)

Worst thing was the sickeningly sweet prep drink and sitting on the pot shitting all night before.:eek:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  5. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

@Wildermaid & @SirLance Kid's in second year of a computer science/design program.

@Sierra, I was able to work the next day, but just make sure you have a bathroom handy. I didn't have much trouble but solidity took a couple of days. My BP has been pretty good, but I've had to take meds and make sure I do my cardio.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

We're doing 2 gym sessions per week, and that is going quite well!

Now, I need to drink more water, and add in yoga, Pilates, and hopefully in near future bellydancing that is ALL on me. I need to get my ass back to the things I loved. Bones are being persnickety I pushed it way too hard walking with crutches last week. My husband was pissed and he was right. Going to schedule another x-ray as bones feel really off. Lovely people at gym and I feel like I belong there now!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Usually after a new PR at the gym, I feel good, but was still depressed after my workout Monday. It's possible I'm working out too hard, but then again, physically, I'm doing pretty well. Plus I've just had a week off for the second time this summer.

Benched 360 for 4. Solid. Squats today. We'll see.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Can you change your workout a bit to be at least more interesting and challenging? Not sure that would help the depression though.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 23, 2017 ---
    Yes. It was very painful and they did a small biopsy as well but I was okay after a few days. Not something I ever look forward to again, but if it has to happen I know it won't last forever.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Squats made me exhausted, but my depression is much lessened today. Woot

• Like Like x 1
  10. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

The Hobbit eating schedule is working well for me so far. I will report back at the end of next week with a full rundown, but yesterday I came in at just under 1400 calories. Essentially, it's eating 3 larger meals and 4 snack sized ones, but it kept me full and kept me feeling energized all day.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

When my husband hugged me this morning he told me I'm slimmer. It is true, just so hard to tell when seated most of the time. He's lost about 15 lbs. I'm guessing. My clothes are getting a bit loose, and I've gone down a cup size and a dress size. Getting stronger and that is main goal! Soon we're going to pick up some used boxing gloves for the teen and me! :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

First machine I worked shoulder muscles in forward press, but last times weight was too high I could do 3! Not 3 sets, just 3 reps. [​IMG] So lowered the weight and I could only get to 5. [​IMG] I was feeling pretty fiercely mad at my self by that point. I lowered it again! I could do 10 easily. Okay so next set I upped my weights and was fine. [​IMG] What the heck.

Some things like lower back muscles I had weight higher than I ever have before, but other parts of my upper body were wobbly and weak! It was such an odd experience! Husband says that used to happen to us sometimes when we used free weights too, but the only thing I recall about free weights was dislocating my shoulders, elbow, fingers, etc... lol. That is not something I plan to repeat.

Why would there have been such disparity in strength today? I'm quite confused, and I guess will have to research it. Has this ever happened to you? If so how did you feel? What did you do?

13. omega

omega Very Tilted

My local gym is permanently closing today. It's a shithole, dirty and smelly with toilets that didn't flush when someone was showering, but it was my shithole. It was 24 hour fitness, so there are two others within 15 minutes of my house, but this was about 5 minutes away.

14. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

You could just need more warmup before lifting heavier weights. I, for one, need a crap ton of warmup, approaching a ridiculous amount.

Anyway I benched a top rep set of 330 for 9 reps, then snuck in 365 for a solid 3 on Monday, and finally worked up to 405 for 5 reps on the squats after buying new lifting shoes and changing to a higher bar placement on my squats. Feeling strong, if tired.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

That just bites! Sorry to hear that you're workout spot is gone, have you checked out the other two yet?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 31, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 31, 2017 ---
    Holy wowie zowie you can lift 2 and a half of me at your lowest. :confused: Strong indeed.
    I will warm up muscles more, not sure why I did not figure that out myself, seems common sense, which apparently I'm short on at present. :oops: Low blood pressure time so lips are grey, blood sugar is off too and I keep almost passing out. Being out of the gym is aggravating. Have dropped a bra size, but I'm not sad about that.

16. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I occasionally have low BP ( especially since being treated for moderately high bp...), and it's a bear to figure that you have it while lifting. Passing out is not fun.

My warm ups start with the bar, and I slowly ramp up weights. Sometimes I do 5 or 6 sets before I get to weight that I consider heavy-ish.

• Like Like x 1
  17. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Broke my typical time on my gym's stationary bike by 5 minutes :D

I have a favorite ride on Challenging mode...looks like I'm riding through space...but it's very hilly vigorous ride that's 10.2 miles
    It's a good sweat, usually taking me 45 minutes (400 calories, 165 hbpm avg)
    But for some reason, even though I hadn't slept much...I had lots of energy...really kicked it up a notch...finished it under 40 minutes.

In part because a new technique for me...making sure I raise myself off the seat (difficult to do while continually pumping on this stationary bike)
    I think it allows for more blood to flow to my legs.

Although, it's a bit awkward walking around the gym after these rides...blood flows other places too. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

I'm a slave to fitbit! Wonder how long this will last. Nothing like getting buzzed in a meeting and excusing yourself for the restroom. haha Only needed 90 more steps.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I love my fitbit. I have challenges every week with friends and it keeps me super motivated. It's been tougher since our friend's dog died as he was our biggest challenger and every one wanted to bear the the damn dog. He had dementia and it was how the vet could track his sleep and wake periods. He'd pace all night. And get over 33k steps a day sometimes. We'd be over the moon when we'd get more steps than the dog.

In other health news, we got a new mattress last night as the tempurpedic has been killing hubs back and not doing me any favors. We both slept like shit and are walking like we're 80 today, but are hopeful we'll get used to it, soon. Lots of yoga today to loosen my fascia near the traps and scaps. But, no hip hot spots, so, Yay!

• Like Like x 2