1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Health Club

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Mister Coaster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Well, I've finally gone low-carb for about 4 years, the last year has been mainly carnivore. My weight is down 50 lbs, I no longer need BP meds, my cholesterol is perfect, with a high HDL count, and I haven't counted a damned calorie the whole time. Woot. Never going back to the land of carbs. And it all started when I figured out I had celiac and dropped the grains. Gut is happy

• Like Like x 1
  2. omega

omega Very Tilted

I have not gone low carb, but overall lower carb. Used to pound all sorts of sugary crap. Literal sugar candies like smarties, bottles of coke. Have moved to sugarfree sodas and cut out most deserts. And smaller portions when I do. Bodyweight is gradually dropping.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Started back up at Gold's Gym again.
    Back to my old gym, but it's been refurbished and expanded. (20 min away, but worth it)
    But things seemed to sync as before.
    Signed up for gold membership, so I can go to any in the chain...plus extras.

Started simple, hit the video bike I liked so much, Expresso, my old login still worked and had my past trials.
    Picked a simpler but favored trail/vid for 5 miles...and did very well, 2 yrs later since my last try before the Virus. Beat my record by 1.5 minutes.

Then didn't have much time to do strength training before an appt back near home.
    So focus on a few basics. Biceps, Triceps and upper chest.
    Still was invigorating.
    Can't wait until a much longer venture. (this was 30min, usually I do 90 min)

I can feel my body returning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rogue49

Did an Ecstatica dance last night... :D
    2 hours of non-stop dancing with no rules
    People can do anything (with content, when with another) - fast, slow, gyrate, stomp, crawl, flow, jigs, salsa, etc. and so on...whatever suits the mood and whim of YOU at the time.
    Heck some even roll on the floor, or couples+ cuddle to the side.

Set in a large space, with thin sturdy carpeting, mostly EDM music by all types and styles from all cultures.
    People dancing in very comfortable clothing, like sweats or even silks and such. Whatever suits your mood, you can even change at any time.
    Barefoot, for stability and grounding, shoes don't tear up the floor and for comfort.
    All ages, body types, sexes, roles, etc...very diverse group, both new people and experienced.
    No judgement.
    Space is very respected.

Now you do work up a furious sweat.
    So much so, you may want to step aside or sit or lay, anytime, to rest, breathe, drink...and towel off. (you bring your own drink, towels, change of clothing...cell phones off)

It was invigorating. Dynamic. Intense, soothing...all the above.
    The key is your body is moving, living.

Mostly I danced with myself...doing everything under the sun. I'm very big these days, so not much getting off the ground. (stretching before during and after is important)
    One young lady took some interest in dancing with me here and there...we didn't touch (it seemed right) but we flowed around each other, sometime syncing our movements (even slowly and close a few times)
    We met after, while I was assisting braking down and closing up. She was very nice, just moved to the area, as I have...we hugged and talked briefly, but respected that it wasn't a pickup thing. (maybe later)

At the start, we're given rules & guidance. Consent, respect, space awareness, not too radical, don't damage the venue, areas of rest, etc. Then beginning exercises of encouragement, to get you into it.
    At the end, slow and go to the floor, laying and listening to harmonics under colored moving lights...very hypnotic. And a good way to cool off. Breathe.

After, a few intros, according to people's comfort level. (if you don't want to talk, you don't)
    Some left immediately, some helped out (like me), some just chitchatted

I will tell you, I was exhausted (in a good way)
    Had to eat...drink tons of water.
    Fell asleep quick, then woke and showered in the middle of the night.
    Now zoning, typing away here.
    But the body feels good. :cool:

Can't wait to do it again in 2 weeks. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there! Donor

Very cool!
    I'm way too socially avoidant with new people, and conscious of the fact that I have no rhythm or dancing ability, to ever do something like that but it sounds great.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rogue49

It doesn’t matter if you don’t have anything
    It’s just getting there and staying.

Hell, I once saw a guy stand in the middle of the floor, standing still, staring into the distance…for 5 hours.
    No one said anything, they just went around him.

Like I said, no rules
    You just gotta go in…and respect others’ space.

People are very cool, they’d totally embrace you. :)

7. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I finally bought a scale to get serious about losing weight. Going low carb because my body responds well to it historically. Replacing my brown rice with cauliflower rice and skipping hash browns with breakfast (). I should probably do calorie tracking again, but myfitnesspal isn’t free the way it used to be for adjusting macros, so I’m not sure where to go with that. Also going to invest in some more weights to do more strength training, since cardio feels super good but more muscle mass will help me lose fat through calorie restriction. I know I’ve lost some weight already since April, but I still weigh the most I ever have in my life and could use a reduction of 20-25 lbs or so to get to a BMI of 24 or less.

8. Dayja New Member

Check out the app cronometer, you can adjust the Marco- as well as micronutrient goals. You can also export the data in detail or summary in csv for analysis.

• Like Like x 2
  9. rogue49

I rode "Drifters Peak" 10.2 mile in 44:45 and burned 446 calories.

As I said, I just started up again at Gold’s Gym after 2 years

Got one of my favorite bike rides back, Expresso machine.
    As I previously posted, I was surprised on my first ride, just 5 mile small rise, I beat my record by 1:30
    And even more so, on the 2nd ride, 6 mile and with hills, moderate level, I beat my record by 5 minutes!

But this one kicked my ass…
    I like it just because of the Sci-Fi look...But it’s essentially a mountain, heavy hills and rides going up
    Glide and ride fast going down. (Up to 25% grades, avg 10%)

That first part, I was sweating it…Oi Vey.
    Didn’t beat my “ghost” record (it finished 8 min before me). But at least I beat the pace bike by a minute.
    Took me 15 minutes of cooling off after to recover, geez.

But still not bad after 2 years off. Just means more space to improve.
    Need to take off this Pandemic round I got in the past year.
    Step by step, bit by bit.

I'm now going in the early mornings (totally different than my previous evening patter)
    And going multiple days in a row, pacing myself, going slow (don't want to injure myself going too fast or intense)

10. omega

omega Very Tilted

So on vacation my family rented a motorboat with captain to go tubing and try waterskiing. Never waterskiied before. First pull I got up on the water, then fell over. Was pulling so hard on the rope that the handle snapped all tbe way back to the boat and hit my sister on the forearm. Second attempt got up and rode around 10 yards before falling over. Third attempt got partway up before something popped in my hamstring. That's right, first time I ever tore a muscle. Was obviously pretty freaked out at first. Worried about how bad it was, the next five days of vacation, would I need surgery, etc. Fortunately it was a pretty minor tear of only a few fibers. Nothing detached. Took a couple of days for bruising to appear. Had me limping for a few days. Won't risk pushing it because any time it fires for stability it hurts. But it is getting better.