1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The Torture Report

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by redravin, Dec 9, 2014.

1. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I understand how it might feel like having this kind of thing out in the open is just asking for retaliation.
    It's just as a country that prides itself in being decent and about the rule of law, we really have to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again.
    The only way to do that is to be totally transparent.

If that means taking risks (and I'm pretty certain the main risk is we look like assholes to the rest of the world) than so be it.
    The most important thing is that some future administration won't do this.

• Like Like x 2
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Cheney is a Dick ;)

3. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Let me clue you in on the blue collar workers of the third world: They're too poor to retaliate, my friend. The regular citizens of, say, Afghanistan and Iraq, are too busy trying to make a buck to feed their family to really give a shit about some report put out by the perpetually feuding parties of the invading nation... a report that only corroborates what they most likely already believed about us in the first place: we went Full War Crimes Retard (TM) and absolutely nobody is going to be punished.

The only people getting pissed off are the people that were already pissed off: terrorist groups and unfriendly governments.

Everybody else is just ashamed and embarrassed to be associated with us. But they still need us, so...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

The people who support this kind of thing where on the Sunday morning TV shows still supporting it last week. You might have it done in a more covert fashion next time, but I'm not sure that this report is going to stop it from happening in the future if the type of leaders like we had get back into power. If anything it will drive it more into the shadows and without foreign government support.

5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Then clearly we have to take note of anyone who says it is acceptable and never vote for them.
    If they do run for office we must get up, point our fingers and scream, "This person approves of shoving hummus up peoples assholes until it bursts!"
    If people still put them into office we must stand outside their office and do the two fingers thing indicating we are going to be watching them.
    They have to know we will not let them do this in our name ever again.