1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

With all the gunfire and the yelling, I wouldn't have stepped out.
    But, how are they surviving the heat in there?

2. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

They are dressed for fall. I think they filmed in fall. They'd best be out before early summer hits.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

It would still be hot as hell in Georgia inside a trailer car in the sun during daylight hours, not matter the outside temp.
    Having been in a few on train yard tours, I can share that it's ridiculously hot with the doors open, even.

4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Yes it can get hot as fuck here.....the filming of these episodes were done in the fall as @fangirl said and this fall wasn't that bad.

5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I would not like to find out!

6. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I wonder if the plain states would be safer or not?

I mean, there are less woods to hide in...less population per mile too.
    But would this be better...the zombies could see you from farther away and less for them to get stuck in or distracted by.

I'm leaning to better, but I'm not sure.

But it would have to be solid ground...the desert/beaches would suck, you'd never know when a hand would come from underneath the sand.

7. ralphie250

thats a hard one, maybe harder cause you wouldnt have many places to hide, and they could see you easier

8. I honestly don't think Zombies have really good vision. They react more to sound/vibration and bright things.

The smaller the population the better. People=Walkers.

• Like Like x 2

9. Fan of both shows!

Hee hee Tighty Walter Whities

10. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Still waiting for Season 4 to hit netflix. Should be some intense moments after everything that went down in Season 3.

11. rogue49

For those who get caught in a zombie apocalypse...here's a useful thing I just put in Pointless Advice (but not so pointless when needed)
    Sorry to be a geek...but it's just so cool and simple...and appropriate for our "how would you survive?" debates.

PSA #2 - remember to keep it in a fire safe surround, no firemen in Zombieland...and careful of bringing attention to yourself ...those Zombies still see.

Shit, I still think a Library would be the best place to clear out...for information. (and entertainment)
    That or a roller rink or large open enclosed area...so you have room to run/live.
    Too many think of stores or homes to live...but these are populated, attract others' attention and are insecure.
    How about a simple secure warehouse as your base?? Unlike prisons, not too many walkers to remove.
    Thick walls, thick doors...windows are out of place, usually up high. Infrastructure is simple.
    And if they're fast movers, you'll have time to see and act before they get to you.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  12. Speed_Gibson

EDIT: this falls under spoilers and all that if you haven't seen season 4, but at this point I am not too worried about that. so I added the tags for that.

Watching episode 1 of the "new season" now on a free streaming site. I see they brought on some fresh blood with U.K. accents to make up for the Brits using very good American accents. Admittedly Lauren Cohan falls under both the American/U.K. category but I want to hear her use the English accent for a character in a show like this.

--- merged: Jul 4, 2014 7:07 AM ---
    Ok, the new "redshirt" dying in the supermarket was not much of a surprise at all, especially seeing the abundance of cannon fodder this new season has introduced. On the other hand, the psycho Irish chick was well played . A few questions I have which will probably be answered eventually -
    Where did the Governor go?
    Is there going to be a mass slaughter of these new folks to thin the crowd out again? That would be sweeeeeet.
    When are they are going to follow the lead of the graphic novels and abandon this prison? I am ready for a new set personally, and really hoping they leave this environment well before the end of this season.

American Harry Potter falling down at the end and waking up with zombie eyes was a decent ending. Not much of punch and telegraphed well in advance but works well enough for the opening of the a new season.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
  13. rogue49

I know it's off season...but I got a stupid question.
    Why would you go into Atlanta???
    One of the most populated areas in the US.

And have all maps been destroyed??
    There are maps all over the friggin' place.
    Take a map, go to some place established and civilized...but not as populated.

Like North Charleston...it's got the ocean on one side
    a large national park on another
    and one highway going in and out.
    And there are tons of islands here and there.

I know it's something I harp on...but it almost seems as if they've lost all reason.

But I've got a theory...maybe that's another part of the disease everyone has.
    Not only do you turn into zombies if you die.
    But if you're living...common sense, calm decision making and logical thought are deteriorated or altered to be kind of psychotic.
    Or altered their hormones, like they're all like Jr. HS students.

Like everyone is functionally insane...like bat-shit crazy strippers. (NTTAWWT)

This would explain why Congress is the way it is right now... ;)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  14. Sunday Sunday Sunday Sunday Sunday Sunday

I am excited.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Me, too!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. It's a special time for me and DaddySquirrel. We put the baby to bed at 7:30 then spend the rest of the night together...with zombies.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ralphie250

cant wait

18. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I rely on free TV, and one of the channels is now showing TWD, I'm enjoying it. So far it's a pretty good "put your brain in neutral" series. My wife doesn't like the violence and gore, but TFB, I sit through the mindless BS shows that she likes (which is one of the reasons why I do so much reading).

19. :-D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Speed_Gibson

I will be watching this new season whenever it hits Netflix at least. Still on the "new season 4" and waiting to see what the Governor has been up to since the season 3 finale, and more importantly find out when they finally leave this prison set for anything else. Decent opening so far 2 episodes in and I am sure this will pick up soon and avoid what they did with the drawn out story on the farm.