1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

COMIC SPOILER
    Something tells me babies getting shot with a shotgun will be OUT.
    Also, what's the difference between basic cable and network? I thought networks were channels on cable? Colour me ignorant, since I haven't had a TV in quite a number of years. Anyway, it's a nitpicky point. A LOT of what's in the comic would probably be pretty shocking for regular TV viewers.

COMIC SPOILER
    Graphic rape, child murder, necrophilic incest/paedophilia, etc.
    Seems more suitable for a channel like HBO.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

On Rogers, Walking Dead Season One was distributed through AMC. It was broadcast on AMC and was later available on AMC on demand. I will just need to check for it again.

EDIT: I just noticed Rogers has at least Episode One available on their online on-demand distribution. I'm guessing this means it's also available through their cable service. I'll try to watch it soon.

3. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

When you have time, absolutely. Sometimes I just want to enjoy a television show without having to ponder deeply. Since this is carefully made and super well-acted, it fits the bill.

4. Hektore

Hektore Slightly Tilted

First and foremost.

Dude, Shane; WHAT THE FUCK?!

Did not see that coming.

Lots of existential angst in this one, very Myth of Sisyphus and Zombies, ending with a little nihilism for show. Feeling very melancholy about it. Good show.

5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Shane is extremely dark but he was operating in survival mode--the survival of Carl. He and Otis would not have made it.
    I was shocked though and wish he would have
    done the merciful thing and shot Otis through the brain.

I thought the missing tuft of hair thing was very well-played.

6. ace0spades

A live person attracts more zombies than a dead person I guess...

I've really been enjoying this season. Lots of awesome zombie goodness. I only got to see some of the show while at work, going to watch the full episode tomorrow night.
    I feel like they're keeping Shane alive to build him up for a bigger fall later. I don't think he lives out the season.

7. Python

Python Getting Tilted

I think this season is even slower than the last, but it does have decent dialogue. Shame though that Frank Darabont was fired (due to budget cuts). He would have made it so much better.

8. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Frank Darabont worked on the first nine episodes, as per exec producer Gale Ann Hurd.
    Also, would you mind citing your source in re: the budget cuts? I have yet to read a post-firing interview by Darabont himself. I saw a pre-firing Darabont (during production of season 2) video interview in which he expressed concern about how the budget was being managed. The rest, to my knowledge is speculation.

9. Hektore

Hektore Slightly Tilted

I wouldn't have thought that at first but, now, I don't see where else it could go.

10. Python

Python Getting Tilted

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-frank-darabont-amc-aco-127783/

11. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Thank you very much Python, for the link. The original story came from The Hollywood Reporter from which I've excised this:

I don't dispute any facts but I'm uneasy about the absolute truth of the 'unnamed sources.'
    We probably will never hear the full story from Frank Darabont himself who though plainspoken, is quite eloquent. He's the guy I want the straight scoop from.
    Regardless, I think it is safe to say that it was 'all about money.'

As I was saying in an earlier post in this thread, The Walking Dead being on basic cable can really make a difference in the product we see, specifically they are not flush with money like say ABC, NBC or CBS hit shows. Upon reading further into the long article that THR did on this I realize that AMC is newly getting into 'original programming' and they are both stumbling and having growing pains.
    Inside TWD episode 2.04 'Cherokee Rose.'

I thought so too, but it would be fun to be led astray. More 'I did not see that coming' moments.
    It would seem both in line with the comic narrative and entirely appropriate now that he has killed to save Carl (and redeem himself in Lori's eyes?) that Carl kill Shane as he did in the comics.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  12. Python

Python Getting Tilted

Yeah, hard to say exactly what went down but as with everything else in life, it's surely about money. I know AMC isn't the biggest channel around but they do have "Breaking Bad", which is in a league of it's own. One would think that they'd have some cash in their coffers.

Anyway, I'm definitely not enjoying this new season as much as the first. It looked like it could become a 5 star show, but that hope is dwindling more with each new episode. It's still fairly enjoyable though.

13. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I haven't read this thread for fear of spoilers, but I've nearly finished the first season on Netflix. I'm not much of a TV watcher, but this one's got me hooked. Too bad I don't have cable -- I'm going to have to wait for season 2 to show up on Netflix. Hopefully I won't be waiting too long...

• Like Like x 1
  14. ace0spades

There ARE ways of... obtaining... TV shows when you don't have cable (I haven't had cable since 2007)...

15. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Just finished watching Episode 1 of season 2 - wow. First time I have watched an entire television episode on a 4.3" inch screen. Watched most of it at work and finished it first thing here at home.
    Now I have to part with more money and DL the other episodes that are available in iTunes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

if i miss a show i usually buy it off amazon on demand. they've never not had anything i was looking for and i did it once with breaking bad so you can probably find any twd there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Enjoy. Come back and share what you thought of it!

18. Python

Python Getting Tilted

I live amongst the polar bears, but am still able to watch it. There's always a way with the internets.

• Like Like x 2
  19. dude2012789 New Member

I'm not allowed to post links, but if you want a link to watch The Walking Dead online, just PM me

20. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Seriously? (in regard to where you live)