1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Having just had a baby girl, I probably would have stopped watching the show if they followed close to the comics on that one.

2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I have two girls myself and do fully realise what that would have meant on the emotional impact alone.

3. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

What did you say? I couldn't hear you after I gouged out my eardrums.

Jeez, whoever advised her to leave the show seriously fucked her.

4. I don't think she had a choice.

5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

but didnt lori have a choice and decided she wasnt coming back or something like that

6. I think it was the actor who played Lori's choice, but not Emily Kinney's (Beth) choice to leave

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  7. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Eh, you're probably right.
    Okay, whoever advised her as to the choice of song, effed her.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ralphie250

thats what i ment

9. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I don't want her back. I do think the character ran her course. I just wish her death held more meaning. Almost as bad as the way they killed off Tasha Yar in TNG. At least they had an excuse to bring her back sometimes with alternate realities.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Tasha's death was one of the worst closeouts that show had, the destruction of the Enterprise D was up there as well on the "it would be hard to handle this in a worse fashion" list

• Like Like x 2
  11. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

...what the fuck? So many questions..

Who wrote this for a 29-yearold?
    Who wrote this NOW?
    Shoehorning in the show to get recognitionpoints? Really!?
    Is marrying a rockstar something you sell to young girls in 2014? (I guess the intended market for this is 11-16 year old girls)
    Is it some kind of Inception-level irony that I don't get? I goddamn hope so.

I wish I'd never watched it, I lost so much respect for her right now..
    I'm sad now.

12. EXACTLY!

I plan on teaching my daughter to BE a Rockstar....not marry one.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

We should be getting two more back-to-back episodes tonight on free TV (channel 20, ownd & operated by MyNetworkTV). I'm guessing that we're now in season two, but I don't research it in order to avoid spoilers. The same as I don't read the posts in this thread.

Last week I liked how Rick the killed the one inmate, and left the other one as snack for the walkers. I found The Governor and Woodbury to be a stretch, but I'll have to see where the writers take it. And I read spoiler when I researched the name of the town :mad:.

14. ralphie250

WHAT PART ARE YOU AT

15. Chris Noyb

The woman who got left at the farm and the woman who rescued her wound up at Woodbury. I think the last episode that I saw ended with the Governor sipping a whiskey while looking at his collection severed heads. Earlier in the day the Woodburyians slaughtered the National Guard troops for their weapons.

16. I forgot about that......

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

I saw a couple of episodes that might turn me against TWD.

Rick seeing his dead wife is getting old real fast.

The shootout at the prison when the Woodburyians attacked was one of the worst examples of sanitized violence that I've ever seen.

The writers need to figure what to do with Andrea. First she was a wuss, then she was a near psychotic killer of walkers, and now she's a wuss again. My guess is her character isn't going to live for too many more episodes.

18. ralphie250

it gets better, trust me. i was thinking the same thing when it first happened. just hold on it gets better

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

I certainly hope so. Too many series start off really well, say the first two seasons, then the writers start running out of ideas. The more unusual the program, the harder it is maintain a good story.