1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

The episodes on free TV are near the end of season three. The last one (#34, This Sorrowful Life) ended with Philip "killing" Merle, and Daryl having to kill Zombie Merle.

The quality is seriously fluctuating.
    How, exactly, did Philip survive the zombie attack when he was chasing Andrea?
    His going out alone, seriously underarmed, to chase her was ridiculous enough.
    Why did Zombie Merle quit feeding to attack Daryl?

Edit--I'm now reading spoilers, something I previously avoided. Glad to see that Andrea finally dies.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  2. Chris Noyb

Another TWD-is-going-downhill-fast rant.

Oh please....another sanitized shootout scene. BTW I would've disabled their vehicles.

The Milton & Andrea scene was some of the stupidiest shit that I've ever seen. Andrea talking to Milton in an attempt to keep him alive a bit longer makes sense; her stopping the efforts to pick up the pliers and free herself before he dies & turns while speaking to him makes no sense.

Let's not forget her 'suicide.' She wants to use Rick's gun, she tells him show knows how the safety works. After she shoots herself you hear a shell casing hit the floor. Rick's gun is a double action revolver with no safety--to my knowledge--and the empty casings have to be manually extracted. And the totally unnecessary dramatic background music (I sat on the sofa pretending to play the violin).

Why did Phillip leave the weapons and the truck behind after he slaughtered his own people? Why didn't the wussy wimp shoot Phllip when he had the chance?

What the hell was the point of the scene with the crazy woman in the woods (other than the writers killing time)?

3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

getting closer to TWD

• Like Like x 1
  4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

If you want to get caught up faster you can watch the show on this website. They do require free registration and have a limit of 12 episodes per day from the expansive selection of shows they have.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Chris Noyb

I thank you for the link, and my wife thanks you X10. She is NOT a TWD fan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK now some praise & rants.

I was wondering how (the writers) Rick's group was going to deal with all of the folks who bolted from Woodbury. The Killer Flu & folks who turned took out most of them. I have to say that did add a bit of believeable drama.

The scene where Daryl lets them get surrounded by walkers was stupid.
    The one hesitant guy who went crazy killing walkers getting away from so many of them was beyond improbable.
    I can understand why Hershel didn't want Carl to kill the female walker, but he should've done it himself.
    The growing number of walkers who almost breached the fence.......for many episodes I've been wondering why Rick's group didn't kill off as many walkers as safely as possible. Duh!
    On that thought, the rats that somebody was feeding the walkers--Why were they only partially eaten? And was I seeing things or were they found inside the fence? The person used a flashlight, they would've been seen.

6. WHAT? Praise? That's not something you tend to do on this thread.

7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I almost want to sit on a roof and eat a gallon can of chocolate pudding in excitement.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

with a rifle to pick off walkers?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Chris Noyb

Yes, and I owe y'all an apology. As the quality of the writing drops my disappointment rises. Even though I know that most TV programs of this nature only maintain their edge for two seasons, three at the most.

10. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

• Like Like x 3
  11. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

Someone needs to give Noah the Lizzie treatment. That's all I gotta say...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Speed_Gibson

Haven't watched the latest one yet. Hoping that Father Gabriel turns into walker food fairly quickly or finds a pair.

13. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

I agree, I've grown tired of the characters with the whole "I can't deal with this situation which has been ongoing for 2+ years now" mentality.

It's time to nut up or shut up.

14. Speed_Gibson

I also think they should follow the graphic novel and

Have Carl lose his eye during the epic battle in the safezone when the zombies breach the walls. Or something corresponding to this if they change that significantly on the show

Sounds more like a Series 6 mid season finale at the earliest though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

I think they should expand it to an hour and a half, so they can squeeze in even more advertising.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Speed_Gibson

Sounds like a sound strategy for the NFL Superbowl thing as well. They should expand the game to six hours and cut the game time down.
    I would like a full hour. That was the best part of radio shows such as Fibber McGee& Molly; the commercials were a seamless part of the show. Harlow Wilcox stopped by every week and invariably turned the conversation to Johnson's Car-Nu or Johnson's Glo-Coat while still delivering some great comedy lines.

17. omega

omega Very Tilted

So good to see Rick grimes with a haircut and shave

• Like Like x 1
  18. He looked so much younger.

Glenn and Dale must not be able to grow facial hair.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

I hope that the originals on AMC don't include as many commercials as the reruns on free TV. I can start the water kettle, brew a cup of tea, and be back in my seat before the commercials end (OK, that's an exaggeration, but not by much).

20. omega

omega Very Tilted

One thing that annoys me is that they are still tearing around in cars. Zombies walk at about 2.5 miles per hour,it seems. So driving at even ten miles per hour would leave them in the dust. Plus the roads are full of abandoned cars and wrecks, and after two years a lot of tree falls. So why are they still driving so fast? Half their problems come from crashes. Like plowing the Cadillac into the road full of zombies. At night. Plus it wastes gas,which is a precious commodity.