1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Oct 8, 2011.

1. If I had a baby during a Zombie apocalypse, I would want her to be protected. My little one slows me down. Also, it's nice to have something to carry gear. I wouldn't drive like an idiot though.

2. omega

omega Very Tilted

Cars are fine. I love cars. It's the speeding that's a problem.

3. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

I thought Carol's whole "I'm just a den mother" interview was fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I was watching Jeopardy, and one of the questions was based on this:

George Romero commenting on why he declined the offer to direct some episodes of The Walking Dead,
    "They asked me to do a couple of episodes of The Walking Dead but I didn’t want to be a part of it. Basically it’s just a soap opera with a zombie occasionally."

-------------------------------------------------------

Some general observations:

There are very few children zombies. Perhaps due to political correctness. Maybe the limit on how many hours children are allowed to work.

Very few characters wear glasses, the ones who do are portrayed as nerdy. And apparantly no one wears contacts,. No one ever asks "Will you look for some contact lens solution while you're on a supply run?", or "Damn it, I lost one of my contacts!".

As Omega pointed out, where are they getting all of the gasoline? It must be plentiful, they use it to start the fires to burn the dead & living zombies. Note--Gasoline burns very quickly, used by itself on human skin it causes superficial , relatively speaking, damage. Maybe zombies have dry rot, and catch fire easily.

Mentioning burning zombies, wouldn't the fires & smoke attract more zombies?

I would've kept Phillips head in a cage and placed fresh meat where he couldn't reach it, to torment him just for giggles.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  5. I used to like this thread. People could suspend their disbelief for entertainment purposes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

Improbability A/K/A stupidassness sometimes displaces suspension of disbelief.

7. Hot

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

Apparantly the reruns on free TV, seasons 1-4, are about to end where the new season 5 on AMC began.

The Beth & Daryl "bonding" episode was a total waste.

Is Dr. Porter supposed to be a highly functional autistic, or just a clueless genius who lives pretty much in his own world? In my version of TWD he would share the "secret" of what happened, or he'd end up trying to live minus his fingers and maybe his feet.

And WTF is up with the hairstyles of Ford & Porter? Do they have some captive walkers who used to be hairstylists on the set of Miami Vice?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  9. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I've only seen Episode 1 of Season 5. I'm waiting for the rest to pop up on Netflix eventually. It's also why I tend to stay from this thread.

I liked this episode a lot. It infused more character into the show for me, as a lot of it has become too focused on plot hooks, surprises, and other spectacles. I appreciated the added depth here and the temporary shift in pacing. This has happened in the show in the past, and it's what keeps me interested in it. I'm not in it for a pure video-game-like experience, or as an all-out "horror opera."

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

TWD needs more horror and less soap opera.

11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

After this last episode, I think my horror quotient is almost met. I nearly cried and puked at the same time. Then I watched the making of the scene in question and it was fascinating. And still really horrifying. Even the actor said that he got creeped out.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

From what I've read, many have liked Season 5. This isn't a horror show. This is a post-apoc horror drama. Without the level of character it has, I wouldn't be nearly as keen on watching it. If you want something closer to pure horror, there is plenty of it out there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. omega

omega Very Tilted

I think this season is really shaping up well. I like how the party is seeing different elements in the town and I'm interested to see how they handle it. Rick and carol are ready to take over, but michonne and Daryl are starting to integrate. Is the group going to divide, or will they just take over? Is Rick lost? Is he willing to kill the abusive dr just to have his wife? The town people are starting to like them too. The gay couple and daryl. Patricia and the construction foreman accepting Abrahams leadership. Really looking forward to the last two episodes. And if they do take over the town,what will they do with the undesirables? Most of the Group won't want to let them go,because they will be worried about retribution. So some will just want to kill them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Haven't seen any of the recent episodes since the break, but their destination was obvious enough. The standard facebook spoilers from TWD page have already told me they end up there and that two characters have had a RIP picture posted. No clue on the details beyond that.

15. The zombies are super cool and gross, but the "soap opera" of dealing with life after society has gone to shit is a little more terrifying to me.

16. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

True, Zombies are the "easy" part.

Everyone is suffering from PTSD in one form or another...from the zombies...the pure survival...and the other people (both friends and opponents)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

It definitely is a "shoot first, ask questions later" type of world if you want to survive.

18. Chris Noyb

The interpersonal relationships, and how people manage to keep it together (or not) individually and in groups, are very important to TWD. My point is the writers sometimes get bogged down in the drama.

Dedicating nearly the entire episode to Daryl & Beth was overkill. We already knew that deep down Daryl is a nice guy who clearly suffered much pain in his life. We already knew that Beth was too much of a fawn and needed to face reality.

19. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

It'd be cool if those W's on the walker's foreheads were upside down M's for Morgan. Like he carved them while kneeling on the ground above their heads.

Also, I laughed when a guest on The Talking Dead (after Noah was killed) said, "Everybody Ate Chris."

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

I think we're getting the last episode of season four on free TV, and then second hour starts over with season one.