1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Which one is Dale?

2. HA... He's from Season 1 and 2. I must have meant Daryl and typed Dale. He must have been on my mind for some reason. :-p

• Like Like x 1
  3. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

The nice thing with not having seen any of the second half of series 5 is not having to wait 6 long months for next one to start and deal with withdrawals.
    I will get to those soon enough, maybe even before series 6 starts.

I hope they do have Carl lose an eye to a stray bullet, that would be both intense and badass

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaddySquirrel hasn't seen Breaking Bad. I believe it's still on Netflix, so we'll watch that now on Sunday Nights until the zombies return. (TWD Sunday Nights were our special time together.)

I think the 3rd comic book compendium will be out before the show starts back up in the fall. I'll probably binge read it until the show starts up again.

5. Speed_Gibson

I have seen the first two episods of that show. No clue who this Sal fellow is or what He who knocks twice means. I am certain people die gruesome deaths and that Walter gets in increasingly worse trouble just from the opening and show theme though.

6. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I guess i missed what was up with the w on some of their heads. I know morgan was talking about it. Can someone explain please.

7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Okay, theory time: who got shot in the last scene? This is going to drive me nuts. I have my theory, but I fail at spoiler tags.

8. Speed_Gibson

My curiosity is rising as to what happens after the final scene with Beth in the hospital. Their destination was obvious from the source material and I know the cast will be trimmed down/added to, but that tells me nothing about the details.

9. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

10. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

On free TV--MyNetworkTV, channel 20 here--they started TWD again from the start after season 5 reruns ended. IIRC one of tonight's two episodes should be when they confront Hershel about the walkers he keeps in the barn, and discover that Sophia is among them.

11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. omega

omega Very Tilted

Re "father" Gabriel, I wouldn't just yank someone out and cuff them for reckless. You know you're going to arrest them,why not investigate further first? Talk to him,get a story. It's a lot easier to make stop, smell alcohol, do roadsides,then arrest for dui or reckless or both. Hard to say you arrested someone then they did voluntary roadsides and a voluntary chemical test

13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Welcome to the Souf.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

I have the sinking feeling that the 'Terminus episodes' (which I haven't seen) are a slightly altered rehash of the 'Woodbury episodes' (which were not very good, IMO).

BTW, the link for free viewing current episodes that someone was kind enough to post didn't work for me :(.

Edit--I found a website that works. I feel kind of stupid now, but what else is new?

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  15. Chris Noyb

16. Speed_Gibson

Alrighty then, may watch the next episode tonight and see what happens after that decidedly pointless death at the hospital. No doubt Rick over reacts and screws something up seriously bad.

17. Chris Noyb

The re-re-runs (that's not a typo) on free TV are a couple of episodes into the "Woodbury" episodes. This is where TWD took a wrong turn, IMHO. The "Woodbury" episodes rely way too much on the acting skills of Laurie Holden (Andrea), Andrew Lincoln (Rick), and David Morrissey (Governor); they don't have the acting chops to make it work.

18. Speed_Gibson

They certainly have the accents down. Two of those names are Brits and sound like US Southern folk.
    See True Blood here as well, especially for Stephen doing the 1860's Southern accent mixed with modern which is definitely not his natural sound. Harder to count Anna on that list even if she is a Kiwi considering how many years she has been in the States and doing roles with an American accent.
    --- merged: Jun 18, 2015 at 8:00 PM ---
    This spinoff series sounds very promising. I will likely make a serious effort to watch that online not long after it airs.
    Still waiting to see what happens after the climatic event at the hospital (sleep was much more important than watching a new episode), and with the pace I am going I may not find out until the new season where Rick's crew is at the 'place that anyone-who-follows-the-source-material knows is coming soon' begins. That teaser with Morgan is certainly enticing.

I still want to see Carl an eye to a stray bullet as it happens in the source material. I understand not killing his sister in the prison fight per the graphic novel, but in my opinion they need to follow it on this one

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
  19. Speed_Gibson

Still haven't seen anything beyond the series 5 mid season shocker at the hospital but I did just finish watching the premier episode of Fear the Walking Dead. Excellent story, good characters, and the biggest appeal for me is that the viewer has no idea what is coming next unlike the main universe that follows the established graphic novel source material for the most part.

20. Chris Noyb

I'm still re-watching the re-re-runs on free TV. I found a site that shows the "new" episodes, but trying watch them is a PITA. For some reason they download very slowly and don't cache (watch for ten seconds, wait for 30 seconds, repeat ad nauseam).