1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

is anyone watching fear the walking dead?

2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Yep. Almost scarier. Because you know what's going to happen eventually. I hate the son, though. He's my Carl. I wanna punch him in the throat, little whiney twat.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ralphie250

agreed on both parts. the son seems like a little bitch

4. I think it's scarier too because you're seeing mankind totally dissolve into madness and confusion. In The Walking Dead, they've accepted the new normal and are learning to deal. E'ry body crazy in Fear because they have no fucking clue. I'm just over here like, "Oooooh just you wait people."

5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm waiting for the last season of TWD to show up on free TV, channel 20 here. Should be soon.

6. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

You see the main characters say things like "What are you doing? They're just sick!" as someone else does proper the thing and puts the shotgun in the walker's face.
    Seeing a formerly organised large metropolitan area fall apart is a nice break from the run down decayed feel the recent Walking Dead series have had after that many years.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

Hmmm.....in FTWD if most people aren't yet sure what they're dealing with, that means more people are vulnerable to getting munched on. Cool!

/darkmood

• Like Like x 1
  8. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

The interesting thing is I have made an effort to watch the first three episodes of FTWD online (no cable/live feed), and still haven't seen anything past the series 5 middle break with the big closing scene at the hospital despite them being on Netflix.
    I suspect that is because FTWD is unknown territory with fresh characters, and I know where the people in TWD are going from the graphic novels. There are significant differences between the source material and live action (the very existence of Daryl, baby still alive, etc) but the destination is the same and hopefully things like the major event that happens to Carl eventually will occur on tv as well.

9. How man others have read/are reading the comics? I have read up through the 2nd compendium and the 3rd has been preordered. I've noticed that things still happen, just to different characters.

10. ralphie250

i like how in FTWD there is no comic to go by per say
    --- merged: Sep 18, 2015 5:07 PM ---
    ive never read the comics, i guess im afraid that i might know something ahead of time, i know thats stupid

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Definitely not stupid at all. People don't like spoilers and the comic and show are different in a lot of ways and even when the show does follow the comic, it gets slightly skewed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ralphie250

i tink thats one reason i like FTWD, theres no script so to say

13. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

FTWD started out pretty slow but I have enjoyed the recent episodes more. It definitely has a different feel than the normal show due to civilization still sort of functioning, in some ways it's more disturbing because it resembles our everyday lives more than the post-apocalyptic environment of the normal show.

Yeah and both the sons are pretty effing annoying. Hopefully they both die and just the hot white daughter and hot Venezuelan daughter survive and become lesbian lovers.

14. I hope @noodle watched it last night.....

15. ralphie250

i havent, i have last weeks and last nights on dvr.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I was afraid I'd think they'd be so slow without zombies, but it's kind of interesting to see things devolve while trying to keep things together.

17. Chris Noyb

I haven't been able find any sign that we're going to get TWD season five on free TV. If the usual channel is going to show the episodes, they haven't promoted it on the air or on their website.

18. omega

omega Very Tilted

Season five is,coming on Netflix tomorrow

19. Chris Noyb

I don't "do" pay TV or movies.

One site that offered TWD for free was like using dial-up. I watched the first episode and part of the second one before giving up. It didn't cache (or whatever the correct term is); I don't know if it was the site, or something to do with my computer.

I watch a lot full boxing matches on YouTube. I can start part one in one window, walk away for a while, then open a second window with the next part, then go back to the first window , back up the vid, and watch without the annoying watch-then-wait-watch-then-wait. That didn't work on the site I found for TWD.

I could possibly get a password or code from a friend or neighbor with pay TV to watch it on the AMC site.

20. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Yup. I was pleased.