1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Oct 8, 2011.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Holy crap that was a crazy episode. I was thinking about the bear joke or zombieland rule #1: Cardio

I didn't want it to be dark, but ooh, Dark!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Checked again, and Rogers now has Season 2, eps 1 and 2 available on demand! I might tear into this tonight!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Python

Python Getting Tilted

Technically yes. I live on the mainland but there's an island (belonging to my country) not far off which has 'em.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I didn't really understand the well. A couple other things I didn't understand but I'm sure will unfold soon.

5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I didn't understand the well scene, either (though I have a partial idea in the spoiler). I know what's coming in regard to your other (correct) guess--that you will understand a vague piece to this episode.

TWD is in part inspired by a comic written by Robert Kirkman when he was very early into his career. Its from the nearer part of the beginning of the The Walking Dead comic book series, almost a decade ago.
    If you think of the cliche farm family--remote, cut off from the way of so-called civilization you might start thinking in the direction of where we are going. (Kirkland's writing got stronger as the years passed.)

I probably missed others but two clues tonight plus a third probable clue:
    1. The meaningful look between Hershel Greene (the vet/farmowner) and his daughter Maggie (chick who jumped Glenn in the pharmacy) when the group was plotting a plan to search for Sophia.
    2. The way Hershel used vague language about Rick and Co. staying on at the farm...something about doing things Hershel's 'way'? That will be a heavy agreement. Also, his reluctance to have Rick & Co. relocate to the barn area. It's for a good reason.
    3. Maggie in tears at the well when the bloated walker in the well tore in two and T-Dog bashed it's head in. My take was she knew 'who' it was before it was a zombie and possibly that she knew too that it was in the well--tho' why would she'd send Dale over there for water, if that is the case? The answer to Did she know? would dovetail into another Q you posed.

6. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

That zombie coming apart may be one of the grossest things I've seen on television. Awesome haha. Yeah, there are a lot of signs pointing to them going in the direction of the comics. Also, sideboob!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Yes, zombie effects master Greg Nicotero and crew show how they did it as well as replay the greatest moments from the bloated 'well-walker' scene here: Informative and amusing--and filmed in 97° Atlanta heat!

The Well Walker: Inside The Walking Dead

Watch as The Walking Dead special effects team assembles one of the most gruesome zombies of this season, then watch as the survivors destroy it.
    --- merged: Nov 8, 2011 8:35 PM ---
    [​IMG]
    Spoiler-y Synopsis for next episode:

The Walking Dead Season 2, Episode 5 Episode Synopsis:
    While searching the woods for clues, Daryl is seriously injured and set upon by walkers. Meanwhile, Rick second-guesses himself; and Glenn believes he’s getting positive signals from Maggie, but then isn’t so sure.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  8. Python

Python Getting Tilted

You must really, really like TWD - never seen anyone so engaged in a show.

I still think it's good but the first season was miles ahead of this one. I did like the well zombie scene though.

9. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I'm of the first products of the North American 'TV generation'--so yeah.
    But I also write about these shows...so part pleasure, part profit*. So stated, I won't write about stuff I don't like. I've quit mid-series on some shows--I'm quite brutal that way.

[​IMG]
    (*Not here, obv. I'm giving it away. lol)
    Above: 'Merle Dixon' last seen--his hand, anyway-- in season 1.

10. wolf Evil Grin

I am absolutely addicted to this series, I never miss an episode.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ace0spades

See, I dunno what to think about this upcoming episode. I mean really...
    Merle would be well on his way to dying a horrible painful death from septicemia, if not dead already. You can't just cauterize an amputation wound on a stove top and hope things will be okay. Unless he shows up with a doctor in tow or he was rescued by a doctor this is minor shark jumping.

Here's to hoping they actually try to explain it a bit.
    COMIC SPOILER
    This also makes it less likely that Rick's hand gets amputated later on, in my opinion anyway. On that note, in the comic when Rick's hand gets amputated, he fights a serious fever and only survives because there's a doctor there keeping him alive

12. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I see your point but
    given that Daryl is going to be injured badly, is it not plausible that hand-free Merle is but a hallucination?

13. Python

Python Getting Tilted

Oh, cool. Do you work as a journalist, or is it more of a hobby?

I've tried quitting mid season on some shows, but I cannot. Once I've said A, I need to say B as well. OCD anyone?

14. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I consider myself a content creator. Yes, I get paid to write. Strangely (or maybe not so much), I went to school long ago and majored in journalism. I found it beyond excruciating however, to have my work hacked to bits or in popular parlance 'edited,' so I instead became a psychotherapist. And now I'm here. I enjoy writing about popular culture, preferably about what I know best. That is easy to do with TV shows.
    I grew up reading comic books so The Walking Dead was a good fit for me.

I can have mercy on a show if I have a glimmer of hope that it will improve. That very thing happened this season with American Horror Story on FX. The first episode was just odd. The second a bit better but still not great enough to want to stick around beyond episode 3--which turned out to be great. It's been a freaky, fantastic thrill-ride since then.
    [​IMG]

'Daryl Dixon' (Norman Reedus) in The Walking Dead - Season 2

15. Python

Python Getting Tilted

Nice. Sounds like an interesting job. Journalism for me is probably the last career path I'd consider. But writing reviews on-line on the other hand, can be fun. I've written quite a few on Gamespot (user reviews). I was never really into the comic book scene, though I did collect and read Donald Duck. I still think it's a great comic (yes yes, I know it's mainstream).

16. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Oh heck, I read DC and Marvel comics--the stuff my Dad picked out. Superman, Batman, the Fantastic Four--they are pretty darn mainstream. :)
    The Walking Dead is the first modern comic I've read.
    Kudos to you for the review-writing. It isn't as easy as some might think to really write comprehensively on a subject. I'm no expert so I welcome input from other folk.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I ahve never been a zombie person, but my brother in law is. so he talked me into watching just the first episode. so i did. DAMN i got hooked. i watched the forst season then the first 2 from this year then i had the rese from this year recorded.
    i think it is a pretty good tv show. i like it cause it has about 85 percent story and 15 percent zombie stuff.

But i have questions. did i miss it somewhere. at the end of season 1 the doctor whispered something into ricks ear. do we know what that is?
    what ever happened to the guy that sawed his arm off?

can zombies livee underwater? do they require air to breathe? why does it take a head shot to kill them?
    --- merged: Nov 9, 2011 4:46 PM ---
    i agree with the side boob. AWESOME.
    i was glad to see someone finally get some.

18. Python

Python Getting Tilted

Aye the first season is exceptional. Nobody knows what the doctor whispered as far as I know, but there have been speculations. Some think he said "we did this", implying that the whole thing is a government experiment gone wrong.

In most shows / movies zombies do not breathe air, thus being able to survive underwater. Regarding the headshot; who knows. But considering the brain controls the body, and their limbs are already pretty much destroyed - perhaps shutting down what minimal brain activity left is the only way to make them truly dead.

I guess we'll never know =/

19. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

ralphie250
    The guy in season 1 of The Walking Dead who cut his own hand off to escape his handcuffs is "Merle Dixon," Daryl's (the bowhunter) brother. It is unknown what happened to him though some TWD comic book fans are hoping to see him return as COMIC SPOILER
    The Governor, a brutal, sadistic leader of a large survivor group that Rick & Co. encounter.

20. ace0spades

Oh man, oh man oh manohmanohman that would be SO AWESOME