1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Weirdest Movies You've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Chris Noyb, Dec 18, 2013.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

• Like Like x 1
  2. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

• Like Like x 1
  3. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I just watched a Nicholas Cage movie titled, "Mandy"- about a couple in 1983 living in the woods that get attacked by a bunch of religious crazies. Really far out there, but certainly not dull by any means.

(I was going to post the trailer, but then I realized this gets the point across better.)

Honestly, I'm starting to believe that Nic Cage does not actually get sent scripts; a camera crew just follows him around for about a month or two, and when they feel they can string together the footage to create some sort of semi-cohesive storyline, they get him to sign a talent release form and off they go until the next crew shows up.

I mean, this image from the movie may very well be the most Nicholas Cage thing EVER.
    [​IMG]

Maybe you think is this extreme, but for Nic Cage... it's simply a Tuesday.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

Watched a movie last night on Amazon, Horror And Hamsters. It's a Canadian anthology horror film with hamster videos in between the various vignettes. Although it sounds weird and screams LOW BUDGET crap, the wife and I actually enjoyed it. Doesn't take itself too seriously and the stories were good. Even the special effects were decent enough. I recommend it if you like anthology horror, and hamsters.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tecoyah

tecoyah Illusionary

Videodrome

• Like Like x 1
  6. tecoyah

tecoyah Illusionary

Weirdly Enlightening.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cubby

Cubby Vertical

Vivarium - Was not expecting that movie. Interesting discussions about it after with my family.

• Like Like x 1
  8. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I read about this one.
    Going to have to watch it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. At the moment, I'm watching the movie "Inferno" with Tom Hanks . I'm sure everyone is aware it's based on the Dan Brown novel. Never read the book. I'm 20 minutes in and I'm completely lost. I'm almost sure it will eventually make sense, but for crying out loud.....hurry it up!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Wizards - 1977 animation - Ralph Bakshi...'nuff said :confused:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Fantastic Planet ...maybe even weirder. :eek:

12. tecoyah

tecoyah Illusionary

Princess Mononoke

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Mentioning Nicolas Cage, Leaving Las Vegas.
    Not weird weird, but depressing weird.

And along those lines, Trainspotting.

14. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Oh this is a pandora's box..,
    Antichrist with Wm Defoe.
    Singapore Sling
    Adios Uncle Tom.
    The Baron vs the Demon
    Taxidermia
    Corndog Man
    The Marquis
    Wedding Trough

just off the top of my head. Go to wikipedia or imdb with those titles if you feel adventurous.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. redravin

Wow, I'm a hardcore movie buff and have watched a lot of obscure movies... or at least thought I had.
    You somehow managed to add that many more movies to my list of ones I need to watch.
    I'm impressed, thank you.

16. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

No problem..
    I would argue these are excellent films and not just shock and awe eyeball punishment.
    But I would also say they are challenging.
    I'm sure I could offer up more with thought..

17. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Need to add
    Thundercrack
    This movie is like if you used rocky horror as a rag to wipe the floor after a toad sucking fuled sex orgy. In gritty black and white.

And another one, not funny but kind of a reverse Dirty Harry
    Thriller-A Cruel Picture.
    This may not be "weird" as much as...transgressive ? Ok, it's weird..
    I think it may be early Revengesploitation. I don't know but it's a rough story and I guess well acted. It's hard to "smash like now" on this movie it's so harsh but it does deliver, it is satisfying I guess.
    Wikipedia on this again has useful links for hunting obsessively.

The draw, as the movies in previous post was just their infamy and at the time my obsessive looking for the edges of what stories/images people were willing to produce.

If you haven't seen cannibal holocaust...well wikipedia on cannibal film has a smorgasbord of links to follow.
    All the italian cannibal themed movies up till about 1973 were pretty good and a real pissing contest between italian directors for a while. I've seen most on the wiki page. I can't defend my chasing these down. Drawn in by the hype and infamy around them, jungle adventure, missing anthologist, off the chain italian directors, buckets of orange tempra paint fake blood. Pretty frikin weird movies I would say. But they did do BAD THINGS. Things that would be illegal today, probably then too but it was New Guinea jungles, the 70's. No rules.

Not so off beat but should be remembered as a weird one...
    Skullduggery.
    Burt Reynolds on an island of monkey people being exploited to labor in a gold mine I think.
    -Not really weird but cool is prior to this Burt did a few cool movies, a spy movie, bank heist and another one maybe police detective, pre 'stash Burt was not too bad.

You can tell I like using wikipedia over imdb hunting for movies.

Most probably know about the early John Waters movies.

How about...
    RoboGeisha
    Meatball machine
    The Machine Girl

Keita Amemiya's
    Zeiram
    Zeiram II
    And, Moon over Tao are all pretty weird, cool if a bit cheesy by today's fx standards.

Weird, fun and I think kid friendly is...
    The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix.
    Totally fun puppet film about an inventor and his animal pals build a race car for the local race. Utube has this dubbed for free it's way cool.

Not available on disc yet but I think a paid web stream is, Frank and Zed, a puppet gore zombie fest that I haven't seen yet. No trailer or anything. I'm gonna buy the Blu Ray blind aside from their Facebook posts. Looks wicked awesome to me.

Oh and the puppet thing, I'm sure it's been mentioned but Meet the Feebles was kind of a mind blower in it's time.
    *Geek warning*
    One of the folks on the production made a model kit of Cedric the punk rock boar in the golfing scene and I own one, it's signed by the guy somewhere I haven't seen it in a while.

Weird sort of horror, maybe giallo, Italian, '72
    Don't Torture a Duckling.
    Really weird. But satisfying, I got weirded out for sure.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  18. redravin

Finally one I've seen.
    Meet The Feebles is truly fucked up - in a good way.

• Like Like x 1
  19. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I saw this in a theater with a friend and his future wife. At the time, he was chewing a snickers bar while the big italian Nazi was screaming MANGA at the girl.
    At this point my friend, chewing snickers gives his gal a chocolate kiss on the forehead.

I believe the director of this movie was killed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Suicide, IIRC, but not certain.