1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

They really are Irish

Discussion in 'Found on the Net' started by chinese crested, Jul 29, 2012.

1. These workmen are installing bollards to stop nurses from parking on the pavement outside the Royal Hospital in Belfast .
    They are cleaning up at the end of the day.
    How long do you think it will be before they realise that they can't go home?
    [​IMG]

2. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

3. Arachnid

Arachnid New Member

hahah good one

4. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Ummm, how is "They are really Irish" any different from "They are really Polish" or "They are really niggers"?

Sort of funny picture, but the caption isn't especially not-racist.

5. Avestruz

Avestruz Vertical

snopes.com: Workmen's Van Trapped by Bollards

I've had that picture by email and could have sworn the location given was different. Apparently it actually happened in Manchester, and the type of bollards used are quite possibly the type that can be swapped out for blanking caps if needed.

6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Look, I'm part Irish. If I catch anyone of you insulting the Irish, I'LL PUNCH YOU IN THE FOOKING EYE!

7. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

When did the Irish become a race?

8. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

this hits home because i do flooring, have some irish blood, and have done similar things a few times.

9. Ozmanitis

Ozmanitis Trust in your will and Hope will burn bright!

About as long as it takes for the cement to dry. LOL

10. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

I'm french, irish, english, and german. there are more jokes about me than you can shake a stick at. Some are quite funny. I don't take offense.

11. the_jazz

Ask a full-blooded Irishman if Englishmen - like Zen - get to make the joke above. Stand back a few steps.

12. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Obviously blue mancs. :D

13. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Oh, I'm irish enough to make that assesment for myself, and frankly, I don't stand back from anyone. Ever.

Never heard an irishman make jokes about an englishman? Did a joint deployment with a team from the 22nd SAS containing irishmen, scotsmen, and englishmen, and they gave each other equal shit. The jokes were pretty good, wish I could remember some of them. The funniest one had something to do with an irish preacher who had to say something nice about an english bishop, and the punch line was funny as hell. Maybe someone here knows it.

Honestly, you are taking offense where none is given.

14. the_jazz

SirLance, you're assuming I'm taking offense. That's your opinion, and it happens to be wrong. I'm pointing out where someone could take offense. And while you've had the happy experience of Irish and English get along, about 10 years ago I watched an Irishman try to kill an Englishman in a bar simply because he was English. Your experience is different, but it in no way negates mine, just like mine doesn't negate yours. So when I just simply saying "hey, maybe that's not as cool as you think it is", perhaps you want to step back and look at the bigger picture.

15. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Yes, I took it from your post that you were offended. You did not say that, and if I mischaracterized what you said, you have my apologies.

I've seen a lot of people try to kill each other for a lot of reasons, race hatred is only one of them. The bigger picture is that while someone might take offense, not everyone will. So, I guess we will have to agree to disagree, as we have before. But then, we're both adults. Unlike our congressmen....

16. [​IMG]

Hee hee heee

Paul Wallace, Ireland and Will Greenwood, England

17. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Why do so many British athletes look like office blokes who decided to pop out to the green after work to toss the ball around with their mates before heading over to the pub?

18. omega

omega Very Tilted

one of my fellow troopers is from northern ireland, and he is definitely a british citizen. Even served in the british army and navy. So he's not too dumb. I kid. But my name is much more irish sounding than his.