1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

They say marriage leads to drinking...

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Plan9, Aug 4, 2011.

1. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

Moderate drinking is fun. How do you stop things when it gets to be too much?

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Easy Fix: You stop drinking before that point.

If you're drinking and you feel dizzy, can't walk straight and start slurring your speech? It's not moderate anymore.

The cool part about being an adult is that you can slow down, take your time and even say "Nah, I'm good." Especially when you're alone with your partner. Who binge drinks at 30? Don't answer that. But, yeah, there are plenty of nights where I'm the one putting back several mixed drinks when my woman only has a glass of wine. The idea is that while I might be sliding well into the warm embrace of goofdom, I'm not straight crunk.

3. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Just got married Tuesday. Haven't made whoopee since last Thursday. Something familiar about this... I do need a drink

4. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

The best way to enjoy some of my home made bread with some of her home made cheese is to share a little store bought wine :) (home made wine is pure swill, it works but yeesh, why ruin the bread and cheese)

5. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Yep, what he said :)

I have to say, though, I think I impressed him when, the first weekend I was down, I matched him shot for shot. He poured two and said something to the effect of "I'm one ahead of you." So I slammed them both down and told him we were even.

But, yeah, I don't drink as much as I used to. Couple beers and I'm done (unless it's Friday night and I'm in chat ;) )

6. Meier_Link

Meier_Link New Member

Sure, drinking with a SO can be tons of fun. You both loosen up and enjoy each other more. Inhibitions are lost, moods are elevated, cautiousness in choosing words is lessened. But, I've discovered, there's a thin thin line between just enough and too much, and for me the key is avoiding hard liquor. Couple bottles of wine = good time. Couple 5ths = rough night and much rougher morning.

In fact, that's about the only time I drink when I'm at home. I don't mind going out to a bar and having a few drinks by myself, but sitting at home and drinking while I watch tv just seems sad. Sitting with my girl and drinking some wine or beer while grilling some steaks or watching a movie is possibly my most preferred method of ingestion, however.

7. Devoid

Devoid New Member

Replace wine with beer and you've got me and my lady. It's great to relax, have a couple or half-dozen, and just drop the brain activity down a few notches. Then when the movie's done (or sometimes even before...) it's upstairs for sexy time. :)