1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

Things in the news

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craven Morehead, Jul 2, 2013.

1. A bit more serious than Pointless Announcements. But not a thread for political discussion. Just discussion of today's news; some serious, some not.

Today's entry....

Consumer group outs 'Worst Restaurant Meal in America' - chicagotribune.com

There's a Long John's Silvers not too far from where I live. I drove by it last week and wondered if it is still the same greasy food that I recalled from years ago. Evidently so. I've not been in one in at least 20 years. And have no intention to in the future although I do love seafood. How this chain can continue serving trans fat laden fare is puzzling, especially when the options are quite reasonable.

2. Plan9

Plan9 Hard To Kill Donor

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  3. CrazyBeing Vertical

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member Donor

5. snowy

Oregon did it first :p Service planned to mourn geese euthanized in Bend | OregonLive.com

Goose culls have happened elsewhere, but here we feed the geese to the homeless, unlike NYC: Why We Can't Eat Slaughtered Geese - NYTimes.com

As someone who has frequented one of the parks in Bend where the geese were a persistent problem, I support the culling of the geese there. Seriously--after floating the river, the last thing I want to do is get out of Mirror Pond and step on a bunch of goose shit. There were parts of Drake Park where there was more goose shit than grass.

6. A groundskeeper at a local golf course spent a year in prison for shooting at the geese befouling his greens. They gave him his job back when he was released.

7. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  8. snowy

• Like Like x 2
  9. redux

redux Very Tilted Donor

Tonight was the first lighting

[​IMG]
    Washington Monument Cam

• Like Like x 1
  10. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Oh good, it looks like a cross between a Russian rocket and a bedazzled dong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member Donor

12. snowy

• Like Like x 1
  13. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013