1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Things in the news

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craven Morehead, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Rebel CR

Rebel CR Vertical

only in America the aunt of an 8yr old for hugging them [​IMG]

2. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

Baseball - berry berry good...

a review of the Jay/Rangers ALDS Final that invokes both Stephen King and the Matrix...

53 Minutes of Madness in Toronto: An Oral History of the ALDS Inning That Broke Baseball «

53 minutes that broke baseball

On October 14, 2015, the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Texas Rangers 6-3 in the fifth and final game of their American League Division Series. But Toronto’s win came at a steep cost to the sport, as the game’s senseless seventh inning pulled back baseball’s logical outer layer to expose the fetus fields and Langoliers below. For years, most participants have considered the inning too painful to talk about, but time has smoothed some of its emotional edges. Recently, we asked a few of the principals to delve into their pasts to explain the game’s troubling legacy.

Bret Hart (Canadian wrestler): It was like the Montreal Screwjob on a national scale. A babyface nation turned heel at one time, and Toronto gave Texas an enema.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  3. redux

redux Very Tilted

The U.S. Women's National Soccer Team was at the White House yesterday for the traditional congratulatory meeting with the president.

What I really liked was the 13 year old girl who was also invited after writing this letter to Obama (I liked Obama's shot at the current crop of presidential candidates and calling the team "bad asses" as well).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

• Like Like x 2
  6. Borla

7. redravin

I kind of wish they had since it might have made their hearts explode.
    They are exactly the people who fuck it up for everybody else.
    The politicians will point to them as an example of what's wrong with the system and want to cut back on food stamps.
    The fact that they are WOC won't be mentioned directly (except maybe in the comments section) but there will oblique dog whistle terms used.
    This kind of thing makes me angry and sick.

8. Borla

• Like Like x 1
  9. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

10. Borla

No word on if the gator is making himself some Burglar Skin Shoes.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

12. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Suspected burglar's family files civil rights violation lawsuit against alligator. Alleges excessive use of force.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

#burglarslivesmatter

14. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

#GatorBaitMatters

15. Borla

16. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

17. redravin

I was wondering if he was going to make it when he cancelled his tour.
    He always said he'd tour no matter what so that was not a good sign.
    RIP Lemmy.

18. Borla

19. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

$29 ring? Reminds me of an article I read recently about the "sweet spot" of ring price vs. marriage longevity. I think something like $2500 was the "perfect" amount... anything less was Maury fights, anything more was Real Housewives drama.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Borla

I just used one of those handy-dandy online inflation calculators to go back in time to the mid-late 90s............in today's money I paid $2516. So far so good.

• Like Like x 2