1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Things in the news

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craven Morehead, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

This is an old story. From 2012.
    http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/46903?KSID=ac265b40ade6982801cf39b4dfaa154f
    Basically,
    The American fbi is considering some members of the Insane Clown Posses fan club (called Juggalos) to be "a loosely organised hybrid gang"
    A quote from Violent J
    "ICP is going to do something huge for our fans, and the world," he said. "We're suing the FBI to be taken off their list. They're trying to kill our band, and we have to fight back."
    I haven't found a follow up story yet.
    -T

• Like Like x 1
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

3. redux

redux Very Tilted

Mei Xiang had a baby yesterday

• Like Like x 2
  4. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

And in Australian news...

A drunk man was trying to swim across the Mary River and got himself eaten over the weekend.

Sean Cole taken by croc at NT party | smh.com.au

5. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

Ha. My earlier story brought to mind this old one.
    Drunk Attacks Crocodile In Broome | Malcolm Douglas | Video

A drunk bloke that had been thrown out of the pub, decided to jump the fence into the crocodile park in town and tried to sit on the back of a 5m saltwater croc.
    He said he "wanted to give him a pat"

6. snowy

I don't mind the cold. I also don't have any outdoor pipes that are likely to freeze in this house, which is a good thing. A couple of winters ago, it got down into the low teens for a week, and the pipes to our kitchen sink froze. THAT was fun...not.

7. redux

redux Very Tilted

The New Yorker has a great article on the range and impact of her music.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

I'm still having trouble with the murder of the Australian baseball player that young thugs killed because they said that they were BORED. OMG!

Our country is raising some scary, mean sick kids.

9. redux

redux Very Tilted

Tomorrow is the 5oth anniversary of the March on Washington.

The "Let Freedom Ring" commemoration of Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech at the Lincoln Memorial will include tributes from Presidents Obama, Clinton, and Carter along with Congressman John Lewis (the youngest speaker at the '63 march - he was the head of SNCC-Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee ), Oprah, Jamie Foxx, Forest Whitaker....

Republicans are complaining the speaker list is too liberal.
    --- merged: Aug 27, 2013 at 6:15 PM ---
    /end of political rant in a general discussion topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. snowy

WTF: Sunday Times reporter 'had sex' with dentist during sting operation | Media | theguardian.com

While I applaud the effort to investigate FGM, I'm not sure this is how to go about it.

11. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

12. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

13. snowy

14. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I think the fact that they counted out exact change (to include tax) makes it more interesting than if they'd just walked out with nothing when they found no one working in the store. Let alone the number of young kids who would've just walked out with a few inexpensive items and thought nothing of it.