1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Things invented by the devil

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craven Morehead, Mar 14, 2012.

1. For as great as Apple is on design, I hate their ear buds. I hate hard earbuds in general, but the Apple version is the worst. I think sricking quarters in my ears would be more comfortable.

[​IMG]

Now it is your turn, pictures are optional. What unholy devices can you cite?

• Like Like x 4
  2. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I hate those earbuds, too. They simply won't stay in my head. They just sit there precariously until they tip and fall out. Fabulous for sound integrity and portability. I threw the damn things away.

I think all forms of plastic vacuform packaging are created by the devil.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

You are both right. I can't wear those earbuds (Koss makes some great foam ones that are comfy and not too expensive), and clamshell packaging is the devil.

I'll add bluetooth devices for cell phones. Not because they aren't useful when driving, but because of the idiots who STILL wear them around like they are a fashion accessory. :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Meh, never owned an Apple product. *quickly hides the iPod he got from his father for his 16th birthday*

This topic makes me think of a new thread, though. Cheers!

5. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

enemas...

• Like Like x 1
  6. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

Few things come to mind:

The plastic seal under the caps of things like mustard squeeze bottles. The ones with the half moon pull tabs.
    The white security strips on the sides of CDs and DVDs (though they do seem to be disappearing)
    Any canned goods from an Asian market that requires a key or pull tab to open. They never work.

7. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Rabbits. Definitely rabbits. They're so incredibly cute and tend to steal your heart and all your money, and they chew through wires and...
    oh, wait... I guess they're not as bad as cheap printers with ink cartridges that cost a fortune and never last through a semester of assignments. Yeah. Sometimes I wonder if it would be cheaper just to buy a new printer instead of a new box of ink.

• Like Like x 1
  8. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

4chan. may those servers be incinerated for the rest of eternity

9. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Eyeliner. That stuff is EVIL, I tell you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

i know we've got some veterans out there who truly believe "ham and motherfuckers" were invented by the devil...

11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

A solution for the earbuds...for those of you that don't have velcro inside your ears. (as you can tell, I can't wear them too...)
    Apple stores have full headsets, bluetooth that you can use instead.
    They frame your head, hook over your ears, behind the back of your neck.
    and you can hear noise through them so you don't miss people talking to you...but audio is clearer, because you're getting it in both ears, firmly set.
    (of course they've gotten better and are 4.0 and above compatible by now)

I won't ever go back.
    [​IMG]
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-10199939-58/iphone-3.0-ready-with-$24-stereo-bluetooth-headset/

Fighting the Devil...at least here.

BTW...my Ultimate EVIL,
    health insurance companies...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Rick Santorum.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I like the Apple ear buds. They fit me just fine...

The devil was definitely involved in making the packaging for children's toys. You see a package with a doll and all its accessories but you then find that every limb is tied down with zip ties (from hell) and even her hair is sewn to the packaging. It's like some sort of S&M Barbie for the young serial killer in training.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I've heard that women were an invention of his. If so I'd like to buy that dude a drink. ( another one of his better works )

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

The details (The devil is in ...)

16. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I remember that kind of packaging. So bizarre. Definitely devilish.

17. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

• Like Like x 4
  18. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Reality TV

• Like Like x 1
  19. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

No, stupid. I AM the devil.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

So the Happy Posting Bot is just one of your senior underlings then? Better watch out for his move for an early promotion. :eek:

• Like Like x 2