1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Things invented by the devil

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craven Morehead, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I'm talking mainly about the shows that aren't just about cooking—it's a competition. Or shows that aren't just about renovating and selling your home—it's a competition.

It's like they need to turn things into a competition just so people will watch. It's like the Internet has forced them to do this.

Then there's the slew of shows about finding "the next this" or "the next that."

It's tiresome. Between content providers like HBO, AMC, and Netflix, there is almost no reason to watch anything else. (Though you do also get these types of shows on there too, but at least you can pick and choose instead of getting inundated by broadcasts.)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

:D
    Professor BG, for the record, I understood what you were saying the first time.
    :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Professor? Pft. More like know-it-all. :rolleyes:

4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I actually like the 'reality shows' that deal with renovating restaurants and bars.
    Some of them are just about the show but ones like Bar Rescue actually have some good teaching moments.
    I know the success rate isn't all that great for the restaurants but Taffer actually seems to have a pretty good turn around.