1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Things that everyone likes but you don't - and why

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craven Morehead, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

The change of seasons, as in when people say, 'Don't you just love the change of seasons?' or, 'I love the change of seasons, don't you?' NO. I do not. For much of my life I've been exposed to them and they don't get any more amusing. Two seasons, summer and 'the rainy season' is my style.
    Eff the dirty, wet, blowing leaves that are a precursor by about 3 minutes to snowstorms and tundra-like conditions for 5 solid months.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Not everyone likes it but SNOW. I appreciate how important it is for the mountains to have healthy snowpacks for quite a few reasons, but I do not live in the mountains and would be just fine if I went all year without any measureable amount of it to deal with.
    On the positive side it does make for some stellar pictures, and some of my all time favourites I have taken were on a cold January day in 2004 where I walked a good distance in 14 degree or so weather just to capture the majesty of it. But I can handle losing that if it means not having to drive in the stuff or deal with it more than two or three days all winter.
    And I do live in the wrong part of the country to feel this way but such is life for now. When the kids get older I just might consider seriously going back to Oregon or even Florida.

3. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

Coffee. Love the smell of the stuff, hate the taste. Even just the slightest hint of coffee in something is enough to ruin it for me.

4. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

i love the smell of gasoline; it's almost an aphrodisiac...

but, it's also deadly...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

We don NOT say the S word!

• Like Like x 1
  6. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

So many coffee fanatics out there.
    Does nothing for me.
    I have not had a cup in at least 15 years.
    The smell is nice though.

7. I hate snow. It snows 5-6 months a year here. Lots of people here (in Utah) love snow and they ski and snowboard and sled. I don't - snow is my enemy. There's something wrong with this picture.

8. jannista

jannista Vertical

The song "Pumped up Kicks" This proves no one cares about lyrics anymore.

9. Speed_Gibson

That very reason is why I would "never" move to Utah or need a strong motivation like a high paying job there to do so.
    I like the weather in both Jacksonville and Orlando and would consider them though. It was nice being closer to things on the eastern seaboard. Charleston was a fairly "close" drive, and that same drive around here brings me to Seattle/Portland/Boise area (I like those first two) or middle of nowhere Montanna where the biggest tourist attraction is either sheep or sheep.

10. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

soulja boy. i don't know how he got famous but he needs to be shot so he knows what real "thug life" is like and he'll shut his mouth

11. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

Jennifer Aniston. Her popularity is (finally) waning. Probably due to her average looks and lack of talent.

Lying on a beach. I am not fond of lying in a giant ashtray with blazing sun beating on me. No coffee out there. No bathrooms. Sand in my lunch. An inconvenient hassle. I like the ocean, just not the act of lying there, when I could be doing something more stimulating and find it difficult to read there amidst the excruciating drone of pointless conversations.

Mushrooms. Ugly little fungi. Smelly, rubberized., despicably gilled space aliens.

Cell phones. I have one, but it has no batteries or minutes. I enjoy being on a long leash.

Twighlight, also: What is worse than the movies are the grown women who want to know which team I’m on. Ok. If I have to chose, I’m on the team sporting the biggest phallus.

Christmas. Waste of time. Waste of money. A meaningless and destructive should.

The color yellow: Flatters no one.

12. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Oh, I don't know....

The JANIS StarBond is still trading pretty high this year.

13. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

we love mediocrity.

• Like Like x 1
  14. supersix2

supersix2 New Member

Seafood - it smells gross, looks gross, tastes gross, and has a weird texture. I don't get how people can eat that stuff.
    Playing Wii - at first I thought it was neat, but most of the games are kinda meh and the motion controller mechanic is kinda hokey
    Watching the Olympics - I think someone else said it but I agree, I don't I like the subjective nature of most of the events and watching races is pretty boring to me so that pretty much covers all olympic sports.

15. Speed_Gibson

The Wii is just a netflix viewer to me. It has been well worth the $150 before discount that it cost for that reason alone. The NBA game from the gamcube was a bonus for me but that disc is constantly showing the "cannot read disc" now and is almost useless.
    The only time I have had any reason to ever watch the Olympics were back when the first Dream Team was crushing the competition in 1992. There has been literally nothing else about them that has ever caught my interest aside from the historical things like the accounts of Jesse Owens in the 1936 competition held in Berlin.

16. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

You're not eating good seafood if it smells.
    Give it another shot.

17. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

you know where they grow them, don't you? in piles of horse shit...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

Aw, phil, you're just not a fun guy. ;-)

19. Carbonic

Carbonic Getting Tilted

Like Healer, I hate coffee and coffee flavored things. SOMETIMES I enjoy the scent of flavored coffee, but that's a rare occasion and only when the scent is more from the added flavor than the coffee itself.

The other one that I get funny looks about is beer. It seems like every time a new person finds this out they try to tell me I just haven't had the right beers. This has happened enough times that I can assure you, I've had enough beers and I don't like any of them.

20. RogueGypsy

RogueGypsy Vertical

Those are just the magic shrooms that grow in Horse and Cow shit.

They prefer to grow the others in Chicken or Pig shit.