1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Things You Freeze

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by EventHorizon, Jan 13, 2012.

1. wyopen

wyopen Getting Tilted

Well, ice cream is good frozen. In fact, that's the best way to eat it. Yogurt, on the other hand, really never gets frozen, does it?

2. Hektore

Hektore Slightly Tilted

My wife and her sister grew up eating frozen corn right out of the freezer. They'll eat it like popcorn when watching a movie.

I think they're nuts.

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

4. LinaT14

LinaT14 Vertical

Roasted green chile, cantaloupe chunks, blueberries.

5. wyopen

wyopen Getting Tilted

chili

6. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

fish after i clean em

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ayashe

Ayashe Getting Tilted

Homemade soups, I always tend to make too much. I do not freeze cream based soups and if I make noodle soups I freeze them without noodles. Green peppers I tend to freeze a lot of, chop them up and take out what I need when I need it. Homemade breads, zucchini, pita etc. Ground beef/turkey/lamb, I usually brown up a bunch ground or in seasoned meatballs etc when I get home from the market. Pop it in the freezer and it is ready to go. Makes for easy cooking on weeknights.

8. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

This sounds good, will have to try this with whole frozen blueberries and vanilla vodka.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Venison

• Like Like x 1
  10. ever since i moved back to sydney ive been freezing my bollocks off

/exit desertman

11. raptor9k Vertical

Milk, bread, cheese, chocolate chips, fruit, meat. You name it, we probably freeze it. We buy most of our groceries in bulk at Sam's club. We only go to the local markets for fresh veggies.

12. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Frozen bread creeps me out. Unless it's par-baked and we finish it off in the oven.
    I freeze fruit, buttermilk, red gravy, chili, juices... anything that can be reheated for a meal, run through the blender for a smoothie, or things that we use very small portions of.

13. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

what the hell is red gravy?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

The "ethnic" way of saying spaghetti sauce, I'd imagine. It's kinda like "purple drank" but not.

Either that or she's undead and we've got bigger things that crazy terminology to worry about.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

I used to do cantaloupe chunks ... and I'd have them for dessert, sprinkled with glucose powder :)

16. snowy

I'm going to freeze these today: Oven-Roasted Tomatoes | David Lebovitz

I'm still debating as to whether I want to freeze them in glass jars, plastic tubs, or in freezer bags. I think I'll save the glass jars for canning.

• Like Like x 1
  17. snowy

I've been freezing roasted tomatoes in freezer bags for a couple of years now, and it works out very well. We've since moved and no longer have as much freezer space as we once did, but I still use my freezer a lot. I portion out extra soup into individual containers for lunches. I freeze extra beans. I freeze pizza dough when I have extra.

One thing we've recently started doing is making our own frozen burritos. It saves a couple dollars over buying them at the store, and they taste much better. I cook up about 4 cups of mixed black beans and pinto beans, saute some onion, add the cooked beans to the onion, then add a can of El Pato to make the beans for the burritos. Then we roll them up with some cojack. Once they're all wrapped up, I wrap them individually in plastic wrap and put them in a freezer bag. I make about 14 burritos at a whack, and the measurements work out to about 40 cents a burrito. Not bad.

18. Steam Heat

Steam Heat New Member

??

I always freeze my bread. Being a singleton, a whole loaf goes bad before I can eat it all, so I keep a few slices in a ziploc bag on the kitchen counter and freeze the rest. When I need more, I just pop a few frozen slices in the microwave for 10-12 seconds and I'm ready for sammiches.

19. Putting bread in the fridge accelaretes the process that allows bread to mould more than leaving it out. That's why freezing it is the best way to prevent it going mouldy.

It doesnt taste as good as fresh soft bread but it saves a lot of money in the long term because you dont have to throq out a full pack of slices bread.

• Like Like x 1
  20. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

My wife and her family love to freeze Oreos. I like them, though I'm perfectly happy with them at room temperature. However, the freezing technique doesn't work quite as well with Double Stuff.