1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Things You Freeze

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by EventHorizon, Jan 13, 2012.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I discovered not too long ago that I have a tiny cookie sheet, just about the size of a gallon ziplock, that fits perfectly in the little tray meant to hold ice cube trays in my rental fridge's freezer compartment. Lots of soups freeze well, so I take a ziplock, fill it with the selected soup, squeeze out the air, and lay it flat on the cookie sheet. It then freezes into the perfect shape for storing. I do the same now with beans of all kinds, as beans freeze very well. Right now in my freezer, I have four-bean chili, sweet potato-black bean chili, black beans, pinto beans, lentil soup, and split pea soup. That's four dinners worth of soups or chilis and two dinners worth of beans for burritos, tacos, or what-have-you.

2. jpbutler New Member

Reeses cups for me and carrots for the dog.