1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

This good thing happened to me today...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by A Voice Of Reason, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I recently came to realisation that I like my job (and I am pretty good at it).

I've not had this level of job satisfaction in a while. It feels odd.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I got a memorandum for purchase on one of my properties.

• Like Like x 5
  3. This weekend, I got to have dinner with an old friend from high school that I've not seen in about 40 years. She hadn't been where she could make any of the reunions that I attended, and her family had died or left the area, so she wasn't around to be seen. She and her husband are moving to a town a bit north of me, but it was convenient to get together. It was good fun.

AVOR

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I love seeing my small home town friends, and will go to reunion weekend July 7th and 8th.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

FLR (M)
    I'm having the same feeling this week. Making some really big accomplishments that would have never happened in my previous position.

• Like Like x 2
  6. There were 20 in my graduating class--I can still name them if anyone wants to hear them (no one ever does).

A family that had children scattered from 1970 to '79 decided a few years ago to have a 10 class reunion, as each class was around our size. It has become a bi-annual event now. We used it as our 40 year reunion and about half the class showed up.

AVOR

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Lindy

My home town has an All Class Reunion on the weekend around Independence Day every year, with a few special years for given classes. This year is 50th for 1968, 40th for 1978, 25 year for 1993.
    It's gotten to be a bigger deal than Homecoming Football game in the fall.
    My class ('94) had 65 members and I knew nearly everyone two or three classes ahead or behind mine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I partied with Dave Chappelle and some friends in a barn early into the AM. It was a great time. The music was totally random, from Notorious BIG to Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit to gospel and blues.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Wow 65, we had 400, and that was in 1953....one of whom was Alan Konigsberg....otherwise known as Woody Allen
    I don't think he was very popular, I don't remember him.....( that's not saying much)

10. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

My boss called me up to make sure I was alright, from the floods in Maryland (I live 5 minutes away from them)

Nice to have one who cares. :cool: (finally after so many over the years)

I don't take it for granted, I appreciate the difference in quality and concern.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

won $100 on a sctatch off

• Like Like x 2
  12. The mother of a dear friend has lung cancer, but after surgery this week, the doctor thinks they got it all and she will be fine. Great news compared to what it could have been--I guess "good news" is sometime relative.

AVOR

• Like Like x 2
  13. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

I didn't drink.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I did. I earned it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I did something productive

I cleared my slate

I made a difference

I found I still have self-respect

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lindy

I assume you made it to the 21st. Congrats on your nine months of sobriety!

• Like Like x 2
  17. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Thanks! Yes, I did. 9 months & counting. M got me a special 9 month chip.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. pig

pig Slightly Tilted Donor

I know that ride brother - it's one of the main reasons I haven't been around here in....years? and then years before that? lord. Congrats on the 9 months. That's a big deal.

In other news, does anyone still do birthday threads, or am I just showing my rust? I saw charlaton had one, and I thought back to the birthday threads. It made me nostalgic for the tfp. Then I saw healer posted recently after a hiatus.

So this post is my good thing for the day. I mean, some other good things happened, but this place is special and I'm glad to see it's still up and running.