1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

This too is getting out of hand TRANSGENDER(ism)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DAKA, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

In truth I really do need to apologize to you @soreNutSac for getting so butt hurt about you not having read the post. I am very sorry that I was so outrageously rude. There is no excuse, I have trans family and friends and see so much hatred and misunderstanding about transgender issues that anger clouded a rational response. I do hope you continue to post here at the TFP and am glad you've made other threads as well. :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. soreNutSac

soreNutSac Vertical

No worry Wildmermaid. Your poster (LOL could not miss it :)) made me realize where i went too far in some of my posts. I can understand as i felt a bit like that yesterday when talking to some of my work colleagues. And i don't even know any trans. One of my best friend, known him for over 20 years, is a masculine gay. So when i hear people saying that all male gays are feminine i tell them they should see my friend. He has a long beard and rides a Harley Davidson.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Wait just a minute here you two!!! This here is the internet! And I'm not sure if it's your first day online or not, but you have to get ONE thing clear! There is ZERO room for apologies, compromise, or admitting of fault when you are arguing on the internet!!! Now you take those apologies, common sense, and that decency and get it out of here!

;) :p

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Thank you very kindly for your gracious acceptance of my apology. :) Also, on that other other thread ;) update us on how things are going if you feel like it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 17, 2017 ---
    Thank you for the laugh, I needed that today and appreciate it!
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2017 ---
    InsideOut.gif

• Like Like x 2
  5. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Just to be clear, my suggestion that posts which go too far should be reported was not meant to target your post here specifically, nor does it mean that it would or would not have been actioned or resulted in any kind of reprimand. It's simply a reminder that if users feel that posts are out of line they should notify the staff. It's what we're here for. We will consider it and do what we feel needs to be done, which honestly in the vast majority of cases usually ends up being "talk to people privately and try to help everyone come to an understanding."

I do think your post was a little more heated than it needed to be, which seems to be something you yourself have also concluded. But, y'know, I get it. When we're passionate about things we tend to react strongly, and sometimes in the heat of the moment we may express ourselves in stronger terms that we might otherwise not have chosen. These things happen. It's not a big deal.

If you feel like I've been unfair, feel free to message me and I'll be happy to discuss it further. Or if you're not comfortable talking to me any other staff member will also be happy to help, I'm sure. It's not my intent to pick on anyone, and I don't want to leave you with that impression.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Oh no I don't feel you've been unfair at all. Also I will in future try and temper my hot headed response, and cool off a bit when I feel pissed. ;) when-angry-count-four-when-very-angry-swear15.jpg
    I won't swear at others though.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I love you @Borla.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. soreNutSac

soreNutSac Vertical

LOL, good one Borla had a good laugh! Wildmermaid, happy we can get pass the dreadful posts i put here. Think i did a lot more harm than you did. So i'm the one who is more great-full for your forgiveness. Remember i'm Canadian. We can get pretty stubborn for taking the blame and apologizing. ;) I'm planning to talk to my wife tomorrow. Wanted to give her time to digest the bulk of the news before talking about rules she would accept. I think she is ready and will update my other post tomorrow. Well think my "weekend prescriptions" in the fridge are cold enough now and like the "take as needed" directive.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Personally I am tired of hearing about it. When I was a kid you never herd about it. I think people are making a bigger deal out of it than they should. If you want to be transgender, Then do it and its your choice. Just like being gay. There isn't any social difference between the two. its your personal choice. and its none of my business. if you're happy being transgender then good for you.

I think society makes it a bigger deal than it has to be. Its almost like it gives some people something to talk about or bitch about. There are bigger problems in the world just like you said. Why cant we focus on bigger issues than transgender?

10. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

You are a white male who can exist in the public sphere without a lot of comment or notice. If you stand up to speak in a public arena, you expect to be heard. You expect to be allowed to walk down the street without harassment or violence. You expect to be allowed to live your life without fear of being murdered.

All anyone who is marginalized is asking for is these rights.

I would suggest that people in this thread really need to check their privilege.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ralphie250

without notice?????? youre talking to the fat guy who is clearly noticed by everyone because im fat. I stick out just like transgender people do just in a different way. I hear the comments and snickering that people make. but I choose to not pay it any attention

12. snowy

And what if someone told you, well, you choose to be fat, so therefore the sniggering and harassment is just what happens? What if they said, well, you brought it on yourself, didn't you?

This is the kind of stuff marginalized people hear all the time.

13. ralphie250

im confused........

This is the kind of stuff marginalized people hear all the time. ok, but it is there choice to be transgender

14. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

I believe we will as a society reach the point where being a transgendered person is considered acceptable. I know teens as young as 14 and people in their elder years that are or have transitioned, and other than in one case it seems to have made all the difference in the world in regards to wellbeing and happiness in life! :) Right now though trans people and their allies are having to fight for basic things such as the right to use the restroom, be protected from abuse, and have the legal rights of others. Until then we need to continue to try and practice kindness and understand toward others regardless of skin color, size, sexuality, disability, and gender expression. Also to be completely ridiculous I love this hippy dippy little graphic.
    genderqueer-body-positive.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. ralphie250

I agree, but I think I made @snowy mad. I never said to make fun of people or point them out. all I said was that I was tired of hearing about it and that there are more important things that we need to focus on

16. snowy

Generally, it's not viewed as a choice. People who are transgendered have been around since time immemorial. Now there are medical options to make the outside match the inside. That is pretty great. We all want to be comfortable in our own skin.

I didn't choose to be attracted to both men and women. I did choose to marry a man. Did you choose to be attracted to women or did you just know?

The fact is, we don't understand a lot behind sexual identity and sexual orientation. So I think it's generally better to err on the side of accepting and loving people, versus trying to tell them they don't have or deserve a voice.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ralphie250

for the record I find men attractive also. I have fantasized about being with a man. ive never acted on it... why not??? never thought about it.

Then I retract my statement and I apologize.

my new statement is to the original posters question is now...... Yes I am tired of hearing about it and wish everyone luck and I love everyone

• Like Like x 4
  18. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

On an off topic side note is there a thread for sexual identity? If not that could be an interesting area for conversation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

If nothing from this thread, I am glad @ralphie250 is able to post something like this and feel comfortable doing it.

Also, I think the "check your privilege" statement is what brings a lot of right wing people over from "Why am I hearing so much about this, there are bigger things in the world" to "Well, those dumbasses in WS/KKK/Whatever are talking about getting rid of statements like that, I like that. I want to be a dumbass too!". (Yes, yes, it's not that simple, I'm just using it as an extreme example of SJ pushing people farther into their hate/dislike).

"Check their privilege" is a statement that really fills me with anger. You can support LGBT, women's rights, minorities rights, human rights, everything under the sun. If you say one thing that doesn't fit the left's view of their the social subject, you hear this phrase. To me it's a "You are wrong because of birth and I am right". That phrase will put me on edge in a heartbeat and turn me from a supporter of people's right to a person that is on the defensive. I will fight back against anyone who says that, even if I agree with the underlying statement because I hate hearing that. It's always said with an air of superiority that gets under my skin. I even have to backtrack and go through the SJ motions. It's like you have to say, "I agree with the rights of [blank] to do [blank] even tho I am a white man" before you can even start to talk about it. That pisses me off.

I shouldn't be ashamed because of my birth just like someone who feels that their sexual identity doesn't fit their body should be ashamed by their birth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ralphie250

:oops::oops:

• Like Like x 2