1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Tilted Automotive

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by AlabamaMan1968, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

that sucks. im sorry

2. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

This "truck" started out at $650, then I figured another few hundred in repairs, my buddy will paint it for me (I've been doing a bit of minor ding and dent repair) for $200 and VOILA $1100 + or-...so now at about $1800 all in it ain't quite the bargain I thought it would be .. but still OK...
    FAMOUS LAST SAYING.....What else could go wrong Mr. Murphy...

3. DAKA

Fuel pump is changed...yah hoo..runs fine.(but it ran fine before, just leaked oil) so, now what's next...maybe I can just get to painting it !!

4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

if it aint one thing its something else.

5. DAKA

Going into my friends body shop for a "touch up" on the body work I did....(descent amateur) but not great, anyway I know it's going to come down to how much he wants to charge me to finish and paint it. He told me that he'd let on of his workers use the shop on a weekend, they're closed
    So, question is what is a fair price per hour for this kind of thing...ie: how much does a bodyman make per hour----converted to paying in KESH (everones favorite payment) I'm thinking $15 to 20/ hour .... fair?

6. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Hey all, been quiet lately, but have been busy. A few weeks back I ran the "Chasing the Dragon Hillclimb" in my road race/hillclimb car, an 87 Mazda RX7 with a 383 smallblock Chevy. Was a bit of a nightmare, spent more time fixing the car than I did driving it, even had a tire blow out on me towards the end of a large sweeping turn and very nearly put it into the cliff face. Between upgrading the car's aero and suspension and my other 55+ hour work weeks, haven't had time to post much! Here's a few snapshots of me during the event. Very wet and rainy, but looking forward to making it back out to this same race next June (with a vengeance, will be gunning for the class record!) Will have new Koni coilovers, a Crawford Composites carbon fiber rear wing, and a tegris front splitter next time out. The stagger was also too much front to rear, causing the car to understeer like a mother, so I'll be going with a 10" Hoosier A6 up front next time rather than the 8" that was on it. (BTW, that spark under the car in the first picture is actually the lip on my bellhousing bottoming out on the road.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Finally got the new wing mounted. What a PITA. It's a NASCAR COT takeoff from a DEI wind tunnel test car. Also picked up a tegris front splitter that's next on the agenda.

Attached Files:

8. TheSurgeOn

TheSurgeOn Getting Tilted

Give your ears a treat - note change settings to 240 p or you just get a noise.