1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Tilted Breakfast Foods

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by genuinemommy, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Ribeye.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I usually like eggs. Scrambled, unless in a breakfast sandwich, in which case over medium. Lately, I've become somewhat addicted to having grits with the eggs; preferably creamy grits with pepper and a little well-aged white cheddar.

I also make a traditional sweet-and-savory style of porridge, using steel-cut oatmeal, milk, butter, salt, pepper, spices, brown sugar, chopped dried fruit, and vegetarian sausage and bacon. Good stuff, especially on a cold winter morning.

That said, I can and will eat anything handy for breakfast. I have been known to have a cheese plate, complete with fresh apple, cornichons, and fruit chutney. Or a roast beef sandwich. Or leftovers of whatever.

Nonetheless, there are some things I just can't deal with. Never had much truck with fish at breakfast. Never liked lox or smoked fish, kippers or herring of any kind. I knew a Danish guy in college who liked raw herring with raw onion for breakfast (or as a snack, or any time, really)...hard to take first thing in the AM....

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

This morning for breakfast I reheated some of last night's dinner (whole wheat rotini tossed with butter, garlic, and parm) and topped it off with two fried eggs. I love pasta covered in egg yolk.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

OMG, yes! My favorite diner in Santa Monica makes this dish called "Edwin's Pasta:" farfalle, veg sausage and veg bacon, onion, garlic, parm, mixed in with egg and tossed in a pan. It's like breakfasting on divine orgasms.

5. snowy

That sounds amazing. I don't have any veg sausage, or I'd go make it right now.

6. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

My grandma used to make scrambled eggs with fish roe ( fish eggs ). Delicious. Eat that with some creamy grits and toast, and you're ready for a day or hard labor. Or to go back to bed and sleep some more.

My favorite to make is scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese grits.

7. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

My favorite breakfast is cold pepperoni pizza, which may or may not count as unusual.

Probly the most unusual breakfast food I've had (and which I need to tinker with now that this post has made me dredge it up from the bowels of my memory) is an Orange juice omelet I made sometime in the mid '80s.

Invasive scent only works when folks are close together (or when the neighbors are having Durian on the back patio, something I am happy to say I have no direct experience of.)

8. Canthook

Canthook Vertical

Scrambled eggs with corned beef and mozzerella cheese mixed in. With buttered rye toast or an english muffin and orange juice. Now I'm hungry.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

This morning I had a three egg omelet with asparagus, broccoli, onion, and dill havarti cheese. Large curd 4% cottage cheese and a few strawberries on the side.

Lindy

10. Mr Hat

Mr Hat New Member

I'm not really a breakfast person.. it takes me at least an hour or 2 before I get an appetite, but I've found that I HAVE to eat if I want to maintain energy levels during the morning. So my compromise is a super-smoothie... orange or grapefruit, banana, nectarine, apple, 2 tablespoons of plain yoghurt, a raw egg, a tablespoon of soy protein powder, maybe some salt/sugar free peanut butter. It makes about 600ml which I can down and keeps me going for a good few hours. I feel deprived of energy if I don't have it.

If it's weekend I might have scrambled eggs and bacon on rye bread.

11. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

In light of my enjoyment of cold pad thai for breakfast, this morning I had a big bowl of cold chana masala on cold basmati rice.

12. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Left over chicken parm and penne pasta that I cooked last night (and surprisingly, came out awesome, as I was just shooting from the hip.)

13. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

Eggs Benny. We are on a nickname basis, my love is so devout. It's a modified version, though, with white sauce instead of calorie laden hollandaise.
    Whole wheat toast instead of muffins. Meatless. The single best thing I have ever had, being the egg lover that I am, was 2 poached eggs on top of potato waffles with
    spinache puree in Greenich Village.

14. Borla

I had some leftover nachos for breakfast.

The nachos were with braised chicken, spinach, goat cheese, and a chimichurra (sp?) sauce. They were shockingly good reheated in the oven. :D

15. snowy

Yum.

I had scrambled eggs and potatoes. My husband attained potato perfection this morning. They were so crispy. I wish there were more.

16. Borla

Potato perfection is incredibly underrated.

Whether it be hashbrowns, American fries, French fries, home potatoes, or diced potatoes, I love a crispy, almost burned outside, with a fully cooked, but not dried out, inside. Hard to do, but heavenly when accomplished. Kudos to your hubby.

17. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

A friend of mine just loaned me his immersion circulator and I am using to to make 62c eggs. I hope they are as good as they look on the intertubes.

18. NetvorFena

NetvorFena Vertical

We live in our own home and rarely if ever smell odors of food from neighbors. If anything we'll smell the supper club a few blocks away into the wind. As for odder things consumed or seen consumed - I know some people consume cold pizza for breakfast but I cannot really tolerate the idea. I don't even like cold pizza ANYtime.
    Certain oppositional odors? I would have to say any commonlygross ones such as throwup in the child's bed, my dog's poop, etc.
    Preference - I love waffles or french toast. I heard a recipe recently for french toast that I WILL be trying soon. Instead of eggs they used eggnog to batter the bread in. I love eggnog and french toast so combined it has great potential.

19. snowy

The trick is to bake the potato in the microwave first, then fry it up.

20. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

Potato perfection involves Cheese and, probably, bacon.
    / Reasonable people may differ.