1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Tilted Breakfast Foods

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by genuinemommy, Oct 6, 2011.

1. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Huge platter of french toast this morning.
    Made with homemade challah and fresh eggs.
    Garnished with blueberries (picked this summer and frozen) and fresh raspberries.
    Locally produced maple syrup, dark amber.
    And a side of fresh bacon, which had been walking around in the field out back til 2 months ago.

• Like Like x 2
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Challah is the best bread for french toast, period.

3. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

My sugar daddy has perfected pancakes.
    With the kitchen aid mixer, he's unstoppable.

4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Now this makes me curious. If there's no hollandaise, no Canadian bacon, and no English muffin, then what makes it Eggs Benedict?;)
    My uncle makes a variation that he calls Eggs Beauregard using a biscuit, topped with a sausage patty, topped with a fried egg, all covered in country (sausage) gravy.

Lindy

5. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

I wrote a FB Post (That I need to post here, now that I think about it) on Martinis the other day, and one of the main themes seems to apply here: if you make a drink and you like it, bully for you, but if it's other than Gin or Vodka with at least some Vermouth a twist worth of citrus oil (or equivalent bitters) and a Garnish (Traditionally an Olive, a Twist, or (arguably) a Cocktail onion), served chilled, up, in a cocktail glass, then you don't have a martini, but something else. So don't call it a martini.

Phi Eyed's Eggs Benny sounds yummy, though it would be even yummier on an english muffin with ham and hollandaise ;), and So long as she calls it Eggs Benny and not Eggs Benedict, no issue.

I think a German style version, perhaps involving weissewurst on weck, and called Eggs Ratzinger (or Sidious) might be nice...

6. wyopen

wyopen Getting Tilted

Waffles today with sausage. Now to work...

7. Willravel

Willravel Getting Tilted

Denver omelet day! Fresh diced peppers and onions, cheddar, mozza, and four big, delicious eggs made for a good meal, along with freshly brewed coffee. Who could ask for anything more?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

LBC and junior are currently making red velvet waffles using the flip-top waffle maker my mother bought her for Christmas. I won't help make, but I'll sure help eat.

9. snowy

Yesterday we had biscuits and gravy. Today, I don't know what's for breakfast. We were going to go bowling and have pancakes at the bowling alley, but everyone is still asleep.

10. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

Well, it was going to be a taco omelet (Eggs w/ chili powder. Leftover taco meat, black beans, cheese, salsa, onion, pickled jalapeƱo, sour cream, side of tortilla chips), but by the time I got finished cleaning up the kitchen for yesterday afternoon's baking carnage, it turned out that breakfast would be Chilimac with Mrs. Hat's homemade chili.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

That's a beauty for a cold winter morning.
    Eat that then curl up under a blanket in front of the stove for a few hours of blissful reading or napping.

12. Lindy

Sausage would be good:).

13. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I make my french toast batter pretty much like eggnog. Eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a little bit of ground cloves. Tastes great.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

1. Cheerios: Plane, Multi Grain Or Banana Nut.
    2. Rice Krispies: Plane or Vanilla Flavor.
    3. French toast or Pancakes.

15. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

leftover pizza for me today

16. snowy

A vegan breakfast recipe:

1 block tofu
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    1/2 cup to 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (preferably cremini)
    1 cup spinach
    1 tablespoon tofu seasoning or nutritional yeast

Process block of tofu in the food processor until smooth, 1-2 minutes. While the tofu is processing, saute onion and mushrooms together with 1 tbsp. olive oil (or other healthy oil of your choice). Add smooth tofu to the hot pan, along with the tofu seasoning, and stir to combine. Keep stirring occasionally. Unlike eggs, tofu requires a bit of a higher heat and less movement. When tofu is starting to just brown, add spinach. When the spinach is wilted, serve.

You may discover as you make this that you like the tofu less done or more done. When it is finished is really up to your personal preference.

17. thetemplar

thetemplar Vertical

A V8 and some instant oatmeal. Yummy

18. Lindy

Left over chopped up pork roast fried with sliced jalapenos and onions, napa cabbage, garlic, cumin. Three eggs. Like a twice cooked pork omelet.

Lindy

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Big bowl of steel cut oats, with milk, butter, and brown sugar.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

Do you ever smell strange things being prepared by your neighbors at breakfast-time? / Are there certain odors that you're opposed to smelling early in the morning?
    My neighbors are too far away to smell them. Which is perfectly fine with me. I am, however, opposed to smelling remnants from yesterday's dinner, the next day. Ugh.

What is the oddest thing you have ever consumed or seen consumed for breakfast?
    I had Tiramisu for breakfast after my neighbor brought it to a party. Because we had so much dessert it was left untouched, the morning after.
    I took a bite to try it, and finished the pan.

Give me custard or give me death.

What is your favorite tilted breakfast food?
    Goodie Eggs. My grandma used to take 2 soft boiled eggs and put them in a bowl of buttered and broken white bread pieces with an additional generous pat of butter and loads of salt and pepper. Mix gently and enjoy.

• Like Like x 1