1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Tilted Breakfast Foods

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by genuinemommy, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

That sounds great. I'll have to try it sometime!

Lindy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cdwonderful

Cdwonderful Getting Tilted

pepperoni pizza with hard boiled eggs on top

3. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

I like my eggs a very particular way which so far nobody without significant redneck in them has ever been able to pull off. Specifically the whites should be thin, flat, and tending towards a bit crispy while the yolk should be of a jelly-like consistency. This is so said gooey yolk can be spread on top of buttered toast that's crispy on both sides but soft on the inside, or alternatively pancakes. Also accompanying are a healthy (read: probably not healthy) amount of sausage*, a big freakin bowl of steel cut oats with maple syrup and brown sugar, and either a glass of chocolate milk worthy of being called a milkshake or fresh tea.

Interestingly enough this is usually only actually breakfast when I'm on a schedule that lets me wake up closer to ~3-4 in the afternoon and have an hour of time still. Any other time I generally wake up and am immediately out the door with an oatmeal-to-go square and this will be something I shove inbetween meals when I get back home later.

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

The key to the eggs you describe is a heavy pan, a fair bit of grease (your choice), and temperature control.

5. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I get my best crispy around the edges fried eggs by cooking them in bacon grease, right after removing the bacon. You can get the whites 'thinner' by kind of cutting through them while they are cooking. This seems to make them run a bit.

6. aphex140

aphex140 Vertical

Porridge with Honey, Pine nuts, sultanas and Brazil nuts breakfast of champions !! week days

Bacon and egg in a 'tigerbrad roll ' - beer soaker at the weekends

7. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

You guys are killing me! I'm about to get up and go cook me some bacon and eggs. :p

8. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Actually I get them perfect in a very light carbon steel wok with just enough margarine in it to let them spread out. The secret is putting a lid on them to cook the top side of the whites so you can flip it to quickly finish that side off without overcooking the yolk.

9. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Interesting. I use the "fair bit of grease" mentioned to kind of baste the egg, which achieves the same thing as putting a lid on it.

10. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

There's only one way I can flip an egg for "over easy" and that's to start it in a little 4" one-egg pan, then flip it into another pan. Otherwise I almost always break the yolk.:(

Lindy

11. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

We do the one pan, cook the eggs in bacon grease thing when we are camping.
    A real treat.

12. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I forgot how good a blueberry bagel with peanut butter can be. And also granola with orange juice... since I can't do milk. It's miles better than the creepy scrambled eggs with chorizo or with cheese on a weird croissant that are my other options at this wonky hotel.

13. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Just got a whole case of Bear Naked cereal from Amazon.
    Game on!

14. A bowl of this and a banana

[​IMG]

15. Candle

Candle Vertical

A heaping pile of stir-fried kale, and beef sausage with onions and mushrooms.

16. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Some leftover chicken rollatini with whole wheat penne.